I've lost weight so why do I still feel fat?

xxbaddgurl83xx

I have always been overweight growing up. In high school I weighed almost 200 pounds. I've been out of school for 4 years and since graduation I have lost over 40 pounds. I went from wearing a size 18 to a size 10. I look great and I get tons of compliments. People that I haven't seen in years don't even recognize me anymore and when I tell them who I am they are shocked. The problem is, although I know that I look good now and I am constantly getting hit on by guys I don't exactly feel good. Even though I lost so much weight I guess I am still in that "fat girl" mindframe. When people compliment me I say Thanks but in the back of my head I think "yeah right!" I still think I could lose more in my stomach, butt and thighs. I get so mad at myself for always putting me down. Does anyone have any tips on how I can increase my self esteem and make myself realize how good I look now? I look at pictures from the past and it amazes me how much I have changed but then when I look in the mirror I just think ewwww. What is wrong with me????

brittanyjean259

well us being humans are never really "self fullfilled, no matter what gets changed..."... you probaly just feel fat because like you said you are used to that mindframe....how much do you weigh now and how old are you?

you should be happy that you lost all that weight thats good:)

Even though you have lost the weight you still feel like the fat girl right well it is because you still don't feel good about being in your skin till you do you will always feel like the fat girl no matter how skinny you get.. I think you feel very insecure and still don't feel good about yourself even after losing the weight ... You got to get more confident about yourself go out and get yourself a make over get you some new clothes go out with your friends and have a good time !! What is the reason exactly you don't feel good after losing the weight ? If you get compliments what is the problem!! Good luck

• Author
xxbaddgurl83xx

I really don't know what my problem is!! My mom told me that I have the mind of someone who has a eating disorder because no matter what people tell me I still think I'm so fat. I am 5'6" and I now weigh 155 pounds. I am 21 years old. Most of my weight is in my butt and thighs which isn't a bad thing according to most of the guys I've talked to. But it still makes me feel so insecure about myself. Most people who lose weight feel great so I don't understand why I don't. When I was younger I was made fun of because of my weight and I think a lot of that still lingers with me now. I remember what people use to say so it seems that every person I meet I think they are thinking bad about me in the back of their minds. In my most recent relationship I was always putting myself down which made my boyfriend so mad because he felt that he had to constalty reassure me of how great I looked and how far I have come.