Starting swimming again. However....

Apologies if this isn't the correct section. I went through a less than amicable breakup with my fiance, 18 months ago. Since then, I have progressed well with my personal development, both in terms of fitness and education. Recently, I have been wanting to get back in swimming. However there is a slight issue. My ex works at the only pool close to me and I'm not sure what reaction she would have to seeing me (nor mine seeing her). As much as I want to go, I also want to avoid any potentially awkward situations that may arise should we meet.

On one hand I'm thinking "ah, dammit I just want to swim ffs. What's the worst that can happen?" On the other, I'm thinking "I really don't want to bump into the person who screwed me over so badly." Especially so if she's with the guy who she cheated on me with; they work together.

Opinions welcomed.

Edited by Isle

Don't let your progress be ruined by your ex. Carry on your merry way and if all else fails act like you are not affected by her presence.

Life needs to go on. Do not give her control over your goals.

• Like 1
  • Author
Don't let your progress be ruined by your ex. Carry on your merry way and if all else fails act like you are not affected by her presence.

Life needs to go on. Do not give her control over your goals.

Good answer. Swimming it is:)

• Like 1

Do you know her schedule? Maybe you could go before she starts or after she finishes...or on her day off?

The first time it will be really awkward and you're going to be stressed and nervous. The second time will be half as bad and the third time will be half as bad as the second time, and so on. By the 100th time you'll barely even know she's there.

• Like 2

Honestly, I'd pick a different pool. I'd drive a ways. I see no reason to put either of you through that.

• Author
Honestly, I'd pick a different pool. I'd drive a ways. I see no reason to put either of you through that.

I was considering that, but unfortunately it's the only one in the local vicinity. Whereas this one is 5 miles away, the next closest is 30.

• Author
Do you know her schedule? Maybe you could go before she starts or after she finishes...or on her day off?

I used to. But not anymore. To be fair, for all I know she may not even work there anymore.