Losing weight too quickly?

Loveisonlyformovies

So ive been on my diet for a week now and ive lost 2.9 kg. I'm starting to feel really weak and have a constant headache for the past few days.

Doctor and dietician tells me to eat fruits and vegetables, something I never have and never will do as it tastes and smell disgusting and I'm physically incapable of swallowing it no matter if it's raw, cooked or put in a smoothie. So healthy eating has never been my thing.

I currently eat two hardbreads with butter and liver paté for breakfast, normal meal for lunch and two hardboiled eggs for supper. I know that if I start eating two meals instead of one, I'll simply substitute both meals for a bag of crisps again. On top of this, i work out 1h- 1.5h every day (blogilates and yoga). I try to drink a lot of water very day. Now I've gone from obese to just overweight.

Ive previously lost 30 kg in a 6 month period, then I started with extreme overeating again while still exercising for two months (didn't gain more than a kilo so clearly im able to maintain my weight long term).

My hopes was to use this diet for two-3 months until ive lost a total of 10 kg and then I can eat more and maintain that weight for a few months before trying to loose some more.

But now im worried im loosing too much too quickly. 1 kg a week is enough for me. Not sure if i dare to continue for another week. Has anyone else had this problem? I just wanna get rid of my headache. Do you think a "cheating day" a week could help? My self discipline is really bad and i fear going back to my old habits if i start messing with this diet that clearly is working for me.

lana-banana

You did not "lose" 2.9 kg in a week, most of that is water weight.

I currently eat two hardbreads with butter and liver paté for breakfast, normal meal for lunch and two hardboiled eggs for supper.

Without knowing what you're eating for a "normal meal" I have no idea what to tell you, other than that this sounds like absolute hell on your stomach and colon in the long run. But my guess is if it's enough to lose a ton of water weight in a week you're probably eating at an extreme calorie deficit. Adding a "cheat day" won't help because you'll just create another extreme.

The vast majority of women can maintain a healthy weight or lose weight if they eat a nutritious diet of approximately 1500 calories a day. For some people this means three meals, for some it means smaller meals and snacks, whatever. If three square meals works for you then go with that. Which brings me to another point:

Doctor and dietician tells me to eat fruits and vegetables, something I never have and never will do as it tastes and smell disgusting and I'm physically incapable of swallowing it no matter if it's raw, cooked or put in a smoothie.

Dude. No. Fruits and vegetables do not "taste and smell disgusting" unless you don't know how to cook. Learn to cook and enjoy healthy eating, from salads to sautes to roasts. Go to farmers' markets and explore real produce. Check out websites like Skinnytaste, Food52, and Serious Eats to learn more about the science and art of eating well. Any attempt to lose weight is going to be short-term at best because you're not absorbing any actual complete nutrients and fiber, and frankly, you are setting yourself up for serious health issues in the future. No amount of calorie counting can substitute for the massive damage you're doing to yourself without actual fruits and vegetables.

• Like 3
  • Author
Loveisonlyformovies

I went years with just eating once every second day and then a few binge eating days during the month. Never did any damage to me and I had excellent grades at the time as studying is so much easier when on starvation mode.

I know how to cook and I find it disgusting either way. Id literally starve to death if I had nothing else to eat but vegetables and fruit. It just tastes really, really bad. And the smell. Ew.

I probably eat 1200-1500 calories a day as my lunch is huge and I have no intention to change that. I used to eat twice a day and now I'm eating three times a day and that's as far as I'll go.

I dont eat healthy and i dont have problems maintaining my weight long term. I can currently eat 3000 calories at least five days a week and not gain any weight. My diet ain't the problem here, my headache is.

if you want to keep weight off long-term you need to lose 1lb per week (0.5kg). the slower you lose weight the slower you gain it back. you should be losing approx. 3-5lb (6-10kg) per month. make PERMANENT changes to your lifestyle...

• Author
Loveisonlyformovies

I havent gained back any of the weight ive lost the past 10 months. I have made permanent changes to my lifestyle and that's why im able to maintain my weight. I just need to go more extreme in bursts of periods to lose weight and then I can eat normally again without gaining anything.

I should be losing around 1 kg a week as I have a lot of excess weight. I dont know why its so quick right now and that's probably why I feel like ****. But if I change my diet, i wont be able to maintain it. I just never had problems with headaches and extreme dizziness before when dieting. I just need to lose 10 kg so I can get a little bit more comfortable with myself so I can start dating and finally get over my ex. I feel like I've found a diet and exercise i can actually stick to for some months, so I'm very disappointing that I'm feeling so bad from it.

I probably eat 1200-1500 calories a day as my lunch is huge and I have no intention to change that. I used to eat twice a day and now I'm eating three times a day and that's as far as I'll go.

What do you eat for lunch?

I dont eat healthy and i dont have problems maintaining my weight long term. I can currently eat 3000 calories at least five days a week and not gain any weight.

Then why were you obese?

My diet ain't the problem here, my headache is.

If you have a headache and feel weak, you likely aren't eating enough calories or getting the nutrients you need. IMO, you shouldn't be eating as low as 1200 if you are working out for an hour and a half a day. How many calories are you eating each day? How many should you be eating to lose 1 lb a week based on the BMI calculation charts? Are you tracking your intake with an app like My Fitness Pal so you can see where you are on nutrients?

• Like 1

Everything is linked to gut health.

Your mental focus, energy levels, skin tone, general mood, sexual performance, and even your intuition is also rested to gut health and diet.

You can go up to 40 days without eating during fasts. But can’t go nearly as long without water.

My bet would be the headaches are a combination of deficiencies and dehydration. It is recommended to consume 1/2 gallon a day. More if you’re fasting.

And the best way for someone who has issues consuming the things is humans survive off of (veggies fruits Legumes and so fourth) is in powder form.

Takes away the taste, texture and also doesn’t hinder digestion at all. If there is any issues drinking a little scoop of low flavored powder than one can be sure it is all in the mind. Also there are plenty of multivitamins to be had as well that will supply your body with all the things the meat and grain diet is lacking.

*also something else can be said for the 23/1 diet. Eating whatever you like (especially if you don’t like to eat healthy) can be an improvement coupled with high intake of water. This gives your body a break from constantly digestion and also if done between 12-3 you will be allowing your digestive cycles more time for your body to heal and perform duties it hasn’t had a chance to do. But please do research upon this many extreme athletes follow this regiment and most do it along with a vegetarian or vegan diet.

Edited by Osho
  • Like 1
  • Author
Loveisonlyformovies

Different kinds of food. Whole point with this diet is to not count calories as I don't have time for it and I'll just lose motivation to continue. I'm not gonna track it as this is a long term solution for me and tracking it is something I can't keep up with for long, ive tried it before.

I doubled my weight during my first pregnancy and doctors couldn't help me stop it and said I had to wait until after giving birth. I lost 20 kg and then I got pregnant and gained even more. So now I'm trying to get rid of it all.

At my weight, a healthy weight loss should be at least 1 kg a week. I have done the calculations and don't know why I lost so much the first week but it'll probably slow down during this.

No I can't swallow powder. Yes it is in my head. But all therapists I've met have a said its an eating disorder that Can't be fixed. I do take multivitamins every now and then, but according to science it's useless.

It's not normal to feel extreme dizziness and headaches, yet you don't seem to want to take any of the advice offered here.

You don't want to tell us what you are eating for lunch.

You don't want to change your diet.

You don't want to track your calories and/or nutrients to see if you are getting enough.

You don't want to eat fruits or vegetables.

I'm not sure what kind of advice you are looking for?

• Like 1

I don't think you're an old person. Your perception that your poor eating habits haven't done you any harm "so far" are shortsighted.

So is your assessment that you won't gain weight if you eat 3000 calories a day. You've been dieting for 10 months. You've written that you eat few calories. At what point have you done this 3000 calories per day with no weight gain experiment?

It sounds like you need serious help around your eating habits. My suggestion to you is that you heed the advice of your doctor and dietician. Did you think you'd get tips you'd like better here on LS?

• Like 1
RecentChange

It sounds like an extremely unhealthy diet. So wonder you do not feel well, your body is not being properly fueled.

Perhaps a psychologist could help you with your eating issues, and an inability to eat natural and healthy foods isn’t normal, and as you can see detrimental to your health.

• Author
Loveisonlyformovies

Between mars and june.

Been to the doctor and dietician, they cant help me. Been to several psychologists about it, they cant fix the problem either. No one can make sense of why im healthy, but all tests shows that I am and then there's no need to change what I eat.

I turned to another forum for advice and got told headache and dizziness kick in after 5 days on a diet and then disappear after a few days, which it has :).

lana-banana

If you're obese and you're not eating fruits and vegetables, there's something wrong with your diet, period. It's not that doctors or therapists are "unable to help you"; it's that you refuse to acknowledge you have a problem and are adamantly denying you need help. Of course you can't change as long as you refuse to make an effort.

• Author
Loveisonlyformovies

Im not obese anymore as I've put in a lot of effort in for it. I only gained abnormal weight due to my pregnancies, doctors couldn't treat it.

Doctors says I have enough nutrition in my body, so what's your problem? Why accusing me of denying help when I've sought professional help repeatedly but with the same results? My body is well adapted to my diet since I was a toddler and it makes sure it gets what it needs from the few things I eat. What effort is it that I refuse to make?

Edited by Loveisonlyformovies
  • Author
Loveisonlyformovies

33 kg, been losing between mid September last year until end of February this year, and then got back on a diet last Monday, not gaining anything in between. Ideally id do another 7 kg before mid-september.

33 kg, been losing between mid September last year until end of February this year, and then got back on a diet last Monday, not gaining anything in between. Ideally id do another 7 kg before mid-september.

wow! excellent

healing light

Well, not going to disagree, your diet sounds like a mess.

Headaches/dizziness, etc. during some diets (especially low carb/keto) is typically caused by lack of electrolytes. Also, when you lose weight, toxins are often stored in fat, so that can be part of the equation, too.

My suggestion would be to make sure you are getting enough electrolytes and minerals. Find a good quality whole foods vitamin and take it regularly if you absolutely are resistant to eating veggies and fruits. You can't mix the veggie powders in a drink to mask the taste? I mix powdered collagen in with broths and smoothies--it would be pretty undrinkable to me in plain water, so I imagine the same can be done with veggie powders.

I believe your diet and headache are absolutely related.

Pay particular attention to the post on gut health and intermittent fasting.

• Like 1

I'm barely 5-9 depending on how you measure me and I weigh currently only 119lbs and I'm a man! I run everyday and sweat and burn off a lot.

usually I weigh around 130 But then the Stanley Cup finals hit and I was a nervous wreck for two weeks not wanting to eat a lot because I was worrying about the Blues so much. I only lost a couple pounds but then they won the cup and I'm back to a better workout schedule and I'm down to like 120lbs.

I look too skinny and lost some muscle mass. In my face I look a bit too slim too with a few lines/stretch marks showing up.

I'm going to start lifting dumbbells again though and get some muscle back in my arms and do push ups and other strength exercises. I look to skinny in the arms now. My abs are tight but my arms are like pencils and makes me look too skinny and probably a turn off to women as well.