LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management

Tanning

Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management Staying fit and physically healthy is essential! Remember, we aren't subsitutes for your physician! As always, talk to your doctor before following any suggestions or advice!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th April 2019, 6:40 AM   #16
Established Member

Being fair is only a negative if you want to follow the tanned herd. My daughter has glowing white skin, curly red hair, green eyes. She wouldn't go near fake tan or straight hair if her life depended on it - instead she rocks her style and enjoys not looking like everyone else.

In the meantime, here are some gorgeous porcelain skinned actresses.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/kimberleydadds/pale-is-perfect
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2019, 6:41 AM   #17
Established Member

Elswyth, your signature line is actually really good advice for Merrick.
Old 15th April 2019, 7:33 AM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basil67 View Post
Elswyth, your signature line is actually really good advice for Merrick.

Thank you, I try to live by it!
Old 15th April 2019, 9:33 AM   #19
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallysbears View Post
I rock SPF 30 every day

Us pale folk aren’t meant to tan.
Same here... I slather on the SPF 30. I, recently, had to do some work on my roof. I wore red clothing for every inch that I could (the color red is supposed to protect the best or so I've heard) and everything else got a coating of SPF 30. After 2 hours on the roof, came down, hydrate and re-apply more sun screen. It took me about 7 hours to re-coat that section of roof, but I took care of my skin during the ordeal.

I'm quite pale, as well.

To OP... Your husband loves you just the way you are. Please don't risk your health trying to tan.
Old 15th April 2019, 9:44 AM   #20
Established Member

If you are really itching to do it, you can experiment with makeup and spray tans. The mechanism of action of spray tans is to temporarily darken old skin by something called dihydroxyacetone (DHA). It will wear off as skin is recycled. Melanoma is unquestionably deadly. Even though we disagree on many things, I would never wish melanoma on you - nothing can save you if you end up with metastatic melanoma. That disease is definitely not worth it.
Garcon1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2019, 11:15 AM   #21
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiouslyOptimistic View Post
AM - I don't think "brown skin" precludes you from damages from sun exposure!
sure it does CO

- The Eagles
alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2019, 12:59 PM   #22
Established Member

Russian/ Eastern European pale skin is beautiful but if you must..

I am pale blonde and fair. In the wintertime I get a monthly spray tan in a light shade if I feel like it or I use San Tropez products. They have a lot to choose from but the “gradual” range seems like it could suit your skin type. As opposed to an “instant” tan where the colour comes out however it comes out all at once, the gradual line lets you build up to a tone that suits you a bit at a time.

You can also use bronzing powder on your face and décolletage which is simply a makeup product you wash off with soap and water.

Don’t risk skin cancer, wrinkles and all of the other potentially life altering effects of tanning.

(Or just stay pale! It’s hot!)
PhillyLibertyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2019, 8:42 PM   #23
Established Member

Wow. Almost makes it seem like the sun is a death sentence. But, I saw a news article today about Earth's disappearing magnetic field and increasing radiation. Lovely.

Mostly, I'm just reacting to being picked on (again), especially by Wife #1. I hear the joke about God baking cookies (some got burned, some were barely baked, etc...), I get told I'm so pale I glow in the dark. Just great stuff. I've thought about cutting and dying my hair for a change of pace too. Currently my hair is pretty light, and I keep it tied up, but it hangs down to mid-back. I'm basically known by my hair color - "The Blonde" like I'm the only one in the world.

I guess I'm kind of stuck being me. If I tried any kind of spray or chemical tan, #1 would laugh me out of the house. I do wonder....if being in the sun gives you cancer, how do so many people go their entire lives working outdoors without sunscreen?
Old 15th April 2019, 10:03 PM   #24
Established Member

Lots of people go their entire lives working outdoors - and they do indeed get melanoma. That's the harsh reality.

Spraytan - you'll have to withstand some people poking fun at you if you try it. That part is a lot better than melanoma.

The reason for the Earth's magnetic field is the flow of liquid iron within the core of the Earth. One day Earth will cool down enough for the iron to solidify, and the magnetic field will be gone. The Earth can't be hot forever. The article is absolutely correct but it was going to happen anyway, it's old news. That part is a constant of the Universe. Fortunately that takes a really long time
Garcon1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2019, 10:46 PM   #25
Established Member

Wife #1 sounds like she can be really mean. What’s her problem?

You should tell her in a cookie some are the oatmeal and some are a raisin.
Old 15th April 2019, 11:06 PM   #26
Established Member

Wife #1 needs to be put in her place.
Old 15th April 2019, 11:13 PM   #27
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basil67 View Post
Wife #1 needs to be put in her place.
100% Agree ^^^^

If memory serves Wife #1 is also the one that commented on how large Major's vagina was.

I'm still appalled by that comment.
Happy Lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2019, 1:17 AM   #28
Established Member

Yeah, #1 is a problem for me. She settled for a while because she was really tired at the end of her pregnancy and immediately after giving birth. Now she's getting her energy back, so the game of "pick on the blonde" begins again. I try really hard to be nice to her and be affectionate with her, but in the end I just get stressed out. I try to fix whatever it is that irritates her, but then she moves to something else.

Sounds like there isn't much of a tan option for me that will work, so I'm just gonna stick with being pale. Better than wrinkles and spots. I know my husband and my girlfriends wouldn't really want me to change anyways, and #4 once said she wished her skin was lighter. I guess nobody gets what they want
major_merrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2019, 2:34 AM   #29
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by major_merrick View Post
Wow. Almost makes it seem like the sun is a death sentence. But, I saw a news article today about Earth's disappearing magnetic field and increasing radiation.

I guess I'm kind of stuck being me. If I tried any kind of spray or chemical tan, #1 would laugh me out of the house. I do wonder....if being in the sun gives you cancer, how do so many people go their entire lives working outdoors without sunscreen?
Not all skin cancers are melanoma. The skin cancer my father had just required surgery to remove it. My grandma also had a cancerous spot removed from her face by surgery. Then she needed plastic surgery to repair the damage the first surgery caused. But it wasn't melanoma, hadn't spread and didn't require any treatment beyond surgery.
anika99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2019, 8:51 AM   #30
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Lemming View Post
100% Agree ^^^^

If memory serves Wife #1 is also the one that commented on how large Major's vagina was.

I'm still appalled by that comment.
God I’m indignant on Merrick’s behalf.

Jealousy takes many forms... in many non-Caucasian cultures people wish to be paler. I don’t get it. All skin tones are beautiful. What makes people ugly is ugly behaviour, words and deeds.

Hang in there Merrick
PhillyLibertyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote