LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management

no energy and depression

Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management Staying fit and physically healthy is essential! Remember, we aren't subsitutes for your physician! As always, talk to your doctor before following any suggestions or advice!

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th March 2019, 2:03 AM   #1
Established Member

no energy and depression

I never have energy to do anything. Even caffeine doesn't help. I have school and work every day and I spend most of my spare time on homework and essays. My house is a mess and I have difficulty even getting out of the house outside of going to work or class.. I'm doing great at school and work but my personal life is falling into disrepair. I can't have friends over while my house is a mess and I'm getting pretty depressed. How do I get energy without the help of substances? I really need some help.
Old 5th March 2019, 2:21 AM   #2
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispytoast View Post
How do I get energy without the help of substances? I really need some help.
Describe your diet... Are you eating good wholesome foods?? or Junk Food??
Old 5th March 2019, 2:24 AM   #3
Established Member

I eat a balanced diet of fruit, vegetables, meats, and breads. Everything is organic or grass fed. I occasionally consume dairy but it's rare.
crispytoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2019, 2:31 AM   #4
Established Member

Well that sounds all good... Have you thought about discussing this with your doctor?? There may be some underlining issue that you are not even aware of.

Personally, if I'm feeling a bit run down, I'll make a big meal of beef liver.
Happy Lemming is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2019, 3:01 AM   #5
Established Member

I don't have a doctor where I live. I set an appointment to get a primary care physician lined up but that's not until May
Old 5th March 2019, 3:21 AM   #6
Established Member

Can you engage friends and family to help you get on top of the mess at home?
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2019, 8:36 AM   #7
Established Member

When my depression gets out of control, the easiest outward manifestation is the mess in the house.

If you can find 1/2 hour to tidy one room or area per day that can help but I never have the patience for that & the rest of the mess drags me down.

If you can spare a few bucks, pay somebody to clean the mess. When your environment is neater, you feel better.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2019, 8:37 AM   #8
Established Member

Do you take any drugs ? smoke pot ? drink ?

If you do stop and go see someone who can help with why you are depressed...
Art_Critic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2019, 8:44 AM   #9
Established Member

Didn't you recently go thru a breakup ? that can bring on some down in the dumps feelings no matter what side of the breakup you are on.

If that is the case then you need to get out more.. even if it's just walking..get out and talk to people, not dateable people but people in general and get around some family...
Art_Critic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2019, 9:26 AM   #10

Get your thyroid checked. All those things you describe could be signs that your thyroid is not functioning at the proper levels.
Wallysbears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2019, 10:22 AM   #11
Established Member

My guess is your testosterone levels are in the toilet...

D0nnivan makes a good point as well, and I do it myself...Get your place in order...You will immediately feel better...Even open the windows for some fresh air, even if its cold out and you can't do it for too long...Great advice!

TFY

Last edited by thefooloftheyear; 5th March 2019 at 10:25 AM..
thefooloftheyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2019, 10:34 AM   #12

Vitamin D also helps. Get out and get some sunshine. If you can't do that then take a supplement.
Wallysbears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2019, 1:00 PM   #13
Established Member

@Art_critic . I broke up with my girlfriend over two years ago. I do drink a beer or a glass of wine maybe once or twice a week but nothing excessive. Sometimes will hit a joint if it's passed my way at a show but I'm not an every day stoner or even an every week stoner.

@tfy . What are some ways to improve my testosterone levels?

@wally . Like I said the soonest I can see a doctor is may. We have a huge lack of medical care where I live. When I go I'll ask about that but yeah I'm trying to figure this out before then. Also it rains nonstop where I live right now. I'll look into vitamin D supplements but I'm pretty broke right now with going to school full time and working part time.

@basil . I moved here last year and don't have family around. Most of my friends here have as busy of schedules as me and I'm really not close enough to any of them to ask to help me with my mess.

@d0nnivain . I can't afford to pay someone to help with the house but I've been trying to do a little bit every day. It's been over a month since I moved in and I know the mess is part of the problem but it's hard to find energy to do something about it. I'm definitely working on it though. I do really wish I could snap my fingers and have it all be done.

By the way I really appreciate you all!!
Old 5th March 2019, 1:05 PM   #14
Established Member

Vitamin D, B12 and calcium supplements will help with your energy level.

Exercise! Yoga, brisk walking or going to the gym will also make you feel better.

Ask a trusted friend to come over and spend time with you, they won't judge you for the state of your house. Maybe they can help motivate you and help clean up and sort through junk etc.
whichwayisup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2019, 1:29 PM   #15
Established Member

Knowing Im having company always motivates me to clean. Maybe you should invite a friend to dinner.

Also, gather up your wash and throw in some laundry. Turn off your tv too. News is depressing.

If you feel motivated clean your bathroom first. Its small and wont take too long. Also make your bed as soon as you get up in the morning. This way you wont be tempted to crawl back in. And whenever possible, get yourself outside. Fresh air and sunshine do wonders for the spirit.