LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management

Weight Problems

Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management Staying fit and physically healthy is essential! Remember, we aren't subsitutes for your physician! As always, talk to your doctor before following any suggestions or advice!

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th February 2019, 3:56 PM   #16
Established Member

I agree a lot with BluEyeL’s post. It’s much easier to lose weight if you only have a few extra pounds and if you don’t usually have weight/food issues. It’d be almost impossible for my friend who has been obese almost her whole adult life to lose weight by herself. She managed to lose some weight by exchanging food logs with someone who is not overweight. She was trying to do the same thing with another obese lady without success, because things just frizzed out when both of them had weight/food issues.

I also agree that intermittent fasting might work best: have a smaller breakfast, a very large lunch, but eat almost nothing for dinner. The very large lunch should satisfy your food cravings, so hopefully you don’t really have the need to eat dinner. Actually there’re theories saying that skipping dinner is good for our health.
JuneL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2019, 4:01 PM   #17
Established Member

Red face

Try intermittent fasting. Eat once a day within a certain timeframe and you can have whatever you want. You won’t lose weight quickly but you’ll feel better almost immediately because you’re giving your body a break from continually having to process food. Another thought is to delay gratification instead of telling yourself you can’t have certain things. To me, one of the best weight loss programs is Weight Watchers. You can have whatever you want within a budget of points, you become extremely aware of what you’re putting in your mouth, and because fruits and vegetables are “free” foods, it drives you to eat healthier. My all-time quick loss diet is the Cabbage Soup diet.

Being overweight is extremely bad for your health. I never fully understood that until I watched an autopsy show on Netflix. It was an autopsy on an overweight woman. Her organs were encased in fat. Her lungs were suffering and her breathing capacity was severely limited. Her heart could barely function while she was alive (she died of heart failure). Being overweight has become such an epidemic in our country and people are starting to get numb to it.

The junk food you love so much is what’s killing your taste for healthy foods. And, yes, there is a such thing as bad foods - or what I call non-food. Processed, chemical-based crap that your body has no idea what to do with. It may take a major health scare to wake you up but I hope not.
bathtub-row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2019, 4:04 PM   #18
Established Member

Yup.

I noticed for most people skipping breakfast is the easiest. Then eat huge lunch and a snack for dinner. That’s great because it allows for normal social life (inverting lunch and dinner on days you want to eat out). Nothing more frustrating than watching a coworker chewing lettuce when you all binge on burritos lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneL View Post
I agree a lot with BluEyeL’s post. It’s much easier to lose weight if you only have a few extra pounds and if you don’t usually have weight/food issues. It’d be almost impossible for my friend who has been obese almost her whole adult life to lose weight by herself. She managed to lose some weight by exchanging food logs with someone who is not overweight. She was trying to do the same thing with another obese lady without success, because things just frizzed out when both of them had weight/food issues.

I also agree that intermittent fasting might work best: have a smaller breakfast, a very large lunch, but eat almost nothing for dinner. The very large lunch should satisfy your food cravings, so hopefully you don’t really have the need to eat dinner. Actually there’re theories saying that skipping dinner is good for our health.
LastStraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2019, 4:17 PM   #19
Established Member

Iíve never been a fan of breakfast and find that if I do eat it, Iím hungry for the rest of the day. It totally throws off my appetite.
Old 13th February 2019, 4:29 PM   #20
Established Member

consider downloading a free exercise/ sports app on your phone and count your calories and exercise. May shed lots of light on where you can make moves.
Garcon1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 7:16 AM   #21
Established Member

Try the 5-bite diet. Itís detailed in the book ďWhy Weight Around?Ē The diet is loosely based on the diet that people go on after having a gastric bypass. It totally resets your hunger. And you donít have to think about food all the time.
Old 14th March 2019, 7:19 AM   #22

5-bite diet is just small portions? Iíd have done this, since I have being restricted of one food or another, portion control sounds like the best option.
One2Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 11:17 AM   #23
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by One2Three View Post
5-bite diet is just small portions? Iíd have done this, since I have being restricted of one food or another, portion control sounds like the best option.
Thereís a kind of genius behind the diet. Itís better than fasting because eating tiny amounts causes your body to work to digest food. Itís basically 5 bites of anything you want for lunch and the same for dinner. The book explains everything really well.
Old 14th March 2019, 12:23 PM   #24
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathtub-row View Post
Iíve never been a fan of breakfast and find that if I do eat it, Iím hungry for the rest of the day. It totally throws off my appetite.
This. Iíve tried so hard to follow the mainstream advice about eating breakfast, and how healthy breakfast is, and never skip breakfast because it gets your metabolism going, etc etc ...... I have always failed. Always. If I eat breakfast Iím hungry all.day.long. Iíve always thought Iím the only one. Glad thereís two of us now.
Artdeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 12:27 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artdeco View Post
This. Iíve tried so hard to follow the mainstream advice about eating breakfast, and how healthy breakfast is, and never skip breakfast because it gets your metabolism going, etc etc ...... I have always failed. Always. If I eat breakfast Iím hungry all.day.long. Iíve always thought Iím the only one. Glad thereís two of us now.
Count us three. The more I eat in the morning, the more hungry I am all day long.
Old 14th March 2019, 12:34 PM   #26
Established Member

The Dr that came up with the 5-bite diet says the same thing about breakfast - that it just kicks your hunger in gear all day. Even before I read that, I never ate breakfast and noticed that very thing - that I wanted to eat all day long when I had breakfast.
Old 14th March 2019, 12:38 PM   #27

Quite interesting - I'll get the book, you intrigued me.

From personal experience - if I don't want or don't have time to eat - i drink a caffeinated drink (usually coffee with some milk) and my hunger dies of..
Old 14th March 2019, 12:46 PM   #28
Established Member

Quote:
Quite interesting - I'll get the book, you intrigued me.

From personal experience - if I don't want or don't have time to eat - i drink a caffeinated drink (usually coffee with some milk) and my hunger dies of..
My thing is, I get sick to death of dealing with food and thinking about this meal or that. Now, I just buy a Whooper for $4 for dinner, eat about half of it and I’m done. At lunch, I eat a candy bar, half a burger, whatever. Done. So simple.

There’s also a video on YouTube where the Dr is being interviewed. Really good.
Old 14th March 2019, 1:00 PM   #29

Love this! I won't feel guilty then for my BK indulgence

I lost probably 2-3 sizes in the past by eating Snicker bars.. for dinner.
Old 14th March 2019, 1:05 PM   #30
Established Member

Quote:
Love this! I won't feel guilty then for my BK indulgence

I lost probably 2-3 sizes in the past by eating Snicker bars.. for dinner.
Wow! Then youíll love this diet. He recommends Snickers. 😂