Feeling hot but no temperature or virus.

tomtheman1234

I am from the UK currently living in Phuket. About 3 days ago I started to feel very hot. I have been drinking more water than normal and taking Dioralyte and ibuprofen. Yesterday I went to the Chrmist/pharmacy to ask what was wrong and if I need to see a doctor. The lady in the chemist/pharmacy took my temperature and it was 36 point something. I forget what the actual temperature was. She said it’s normal temperature and that I did not have a virus. I just wonder what it is I have and how come I feel hot when I got a normal temperature.

I get ill a lot in the UK with winter flu and winter colds and get throat infection sometime.

I been ill a few times in Asia before but never in Phukrt. Maybe I just not meant to be in Asia where is can be easy to get illnesses. Maybe I just have a weakness in my body maybe I have a weak immune system.

Any info would be good.

You should just go have your blood pressure checked and be sure it's not high, and your pulse. It can be vascular things, especially once you're older. I get hot in my legs and feet just about every night no matter how cold it is in the room. But yes, do have your vital signs just checked.

• Author
tomtheman1234

Do I need to go see a doctor for that? I am 43 years old now. As a child and in my early teens I was always ill in the winter for long periods of time then in my 20’s and 30’s I was hardly ever I’ll but now I am in my early 40’s I seem to get ill a lot.

Any idea how long it will last as I had it for about 3 days now?

Has the weather been extra hot or humid for the last three days?

Do I need to go see a doctor for that?

Tom, this is a little like asking us to guess how tall you are. Hard to do from this side on the Internet.

I've gotten healthcare in various parts of Asia, by Western standards it's remarkably inexpensive. Spend a few quid, get yourself checked out...

Mr. Lucky

Get some blood work done and vitals checked too.

Drink plenty of liquids and eat fruit. If you're not hungry eat light (toast, soup, potatoes etc).

• Like 1