Dancing the weight off

groovergrl23

I have been struggling to get in shape since I left college. It is so hard for me. My roommate just gave me the Breakin It Down dvds- she got them cuz she works at universal. It is like teach you how to dance type of dvds, but they are really good. I mean I think I even have better moves than Napoleon Dynamite jk lol. I don't know why, but like they are really helping me. Like I actually enjoy exercising with them- which is a first for me. I mean I just have to stick with this and I think I will be able to reach my goal. Nadine

I was real chuncky a while back but I started to show my cousins a merengue routine for 2 months straight and I lost a lot weight (I mean A LOT). It does not even feel like exercisebecause you are having fun!

innerconflict

Hey, I have been thinking of taking some dance classes after the summer is over. Sounds like a good way to lose weight. Also, I am native american and dance traditionally at gatherings, etc. I have been told that my upper body is too stiff while I dance. Perhaps this is a good way to learn to "loosen up". :p

• Author
groovergrl23

Yeah- I think dancing is good for you in more ways that one, and like you said, it isn't torture. I really like the breakin it down dvds- it is something that I come home and want to do! I really think I can do this. Nadine