LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management

Motivation

Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management Staying fit and physically healthy is essential! Remember, we aren't subsitutes for your physician! As always, talk to your doctor before following any suggestions or advice!

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th November 2018, 1:32 PM   #16
Established Member

I take a 30 minute walk everyday. I keep reminding myself that my walk is my #1 priority for the day (rain or shine and even in winter). I feel better and have lost almost 15 lbs and kept it off for 2 years.

After I take my walk I feel mentally and emotionally and physically better.

- Monty Python
alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2018, 1:32 AM   #17
Established Member

i use workout videos on YT as well! i try to make my workouts as diverse as possible because that way, i don't get bored. for example, i'll do a cardio kick boxing class one day, do a HIIT workout another day and then a pilates routine the next. i'll do some strength training with weights a couple of times a week too. i also do some gentle stretching and yoga in everyday morning, so my body feels good about working out later that day.

when i "treat" myself, i'll either get a nice massage, pedicure or some fun and new workout clothes
diddilybop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2018, 12:08 PM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I take a 30 minute walk everyday. I keep reminding myself that my walk is my #1 priority for the day (rain or shine and even in winter). I feel better and have lost almost 15 lbs and kept it off for 2 years.

After I take my walk I feel mentally and emotionally and physically better.
That's a great way to do it. I'm just adding a small tip for those who like it- get a dog. Great excuse for keeping walks schedule consistent.
LastStraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2018, 7:31 AM   #19

The key for me was to do it in the morning. I looked at it as if the hardest part was getting up so all I had to do was roll out of bed and stand up and the hardest battle was won.
Plus the gym is more user friendly early in the morning with less people.
True gentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2018, 5:27 PM   #20
SJS
Established Member

I already belong to a gym, but what's motivating me is I joined a women's only weight lifting group (it's basically a personal training group that you have to pay for). Since I paid for it, I won't miss my sessions.
SJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2018, 10:14 AM   #21
Established Member

You have to find the activity that you truly enjoy. For me, it was Irish dancing. I felt like I had lived under a stone for the past twenty years when I first discovered it, I knew the feeling of freedom for the first time.

I never needed encouragement to Irish dance.
Garcon1986 is offline   Reply With Quote