Belly fat - midsection - all liposuction

With age, my belly has gotten bigger and bigger. I mean it’s not huge, but I’ve always been pretty good at working out even though I don’t really like working out, but I have done my fair share of running, CrossFit, swimming, walking and other things, on a regular basis, however, even with eating less and moving more, my belly area/midsection has grown. Nothing else really has grown - but the belly area is just ridiculous........I really hate it and it’s not getting any less/trimmer/tighter/more muscular/slimmer/firmer......very disappointing.....

I’m thinking liposuction right now. Does that help? Has anybody done it before? And how long is the recovery / how expensive is it, and most of all: will my size 2s fit me again?

Since the time I wore zeros and twos I have gained about 20 to 25 pounds. In maybe four years. It really bothers me. I’m in my mid 40s. No dieting and no exercising has reduced my belly fat.

If any of you have done liposuction - how much weight have you actually lost by doing that? I know it’s not about losing weight per se, but just as a benchmark I would be thankful for getting an average number for that. I’ve been really frustrated about how my midsection has developed in the past few years, and I’ve tried everything with no success. If I look in the Mirror I actually look like I’m pregnant from the side. It’s just ridiculous. I’ve never even been pregnant.

Thank you all in advance.

Belly fat is a common problem for aging women. Don't know if you have hit menopause yet but once that happens the belly fat issue gets even worse.

Don't know a lot about lipo as I've never had it. However it sounds like you might be a good candidate as it doesn't sound like you have a weight problem so much as it's a belly fat problem. As I understand it, fat that has been removed can never come back, it's gone for good. Now that's not to say you can't make new fat but I think often times when a person loses weight their fat cells empty out but they still lurk, eagerly awaiting their chance to store fat again. If you have lipo those fat cells will be removed and gone forever.

I'd advise against. It's very rare for liposuction to give a good 'finish', most times you'll end up slimmer but with a slightly lumpy/odd fat distribution. This is because your fat cells haven't all shrunk evenly as they would with traditional weight loss, rather they're all either the same size or gone completely.

It is better to look at your diet/exercise program. The correct program applied with discipline will work. Nobody's fat cells are immune to being used up!

• Like 1

my advise would be to get your bodyfat percentage taken by professional, keep the same program and diet that your doing at the moment and in a further 2 weeks retake body percentage see if there is a change, if your body fat stays the same you need to change your diet or training plan, thats a lot easier and cheaper then lipo.

you need to remember the fat on your belly is always the last to go doesn't matter if its a man or women, if you have noticed the rest of your body changing give it time it will come off your belly.

littleblackheart

1. Do you have endometriosis / fibroids? That can affect the belly area no matter what you do.

2. As an alternative to liposuction, there are non-surgery, safe skin tightening treatments you can do - like a type of very vigourous massage that wakes up the cells. Not sure what they're called but I've seen a couple of colleagues do it and the result is impressive no matter your genetics.

Lipo or surgery is all you can do for a belly. I won a Kennedy medal for doing the most situps when I was a kid and I still had a pot belly. There's no muscles that control belly fat. A lot of it is hereditary.

If your skin is still flexible and springs back when you lose weight, lipo will give its best result. Otherwise, you will have some loose skin or lumpiness as someone mentioned, but I wouldn't personally care about that because you will still look better in your clothes. Younger skin that has been taken care of with moisturizing shouldn't leave skin hanging. I think my skin was resilient enough until I was maybe 55 to come back from something like that, but not anymore.

Also, most doctors won't do it if you're overall obese. And they will warn you that you take it off one place, new fat cells may develop somewhere else on your body and that part get big, like thighs or butt. I did a consult for a tummy tuck once, which is a major operation and wish I'd done it, but it was too expensive. He said normally only small pockets of fat are suctioned for lipo, so don't think it's practical for anything very large.

• Author

Thank you all.

Yeah I think I’ll try the obvious first. I already started last week actually.

Drink more water, watch calorie intake, cut out the booze completely. I’m not a gym rat at all, and exercise bores me, and I feel like I have no time for it anyways, but I’ve signed up with a personal trainer once a week. We’ll see how it goes. As of now, I’d like to lose 15 lbs. Once that weight is down, I’ll check how those measurements look around my waist and hips etc.

check out Ketogenic way of eating. It has a way of reducing belly fat, but it's not a short term fix, rather a way of eating change that helps rebalance the body's metabolism and other hormonal systems. one thing for sure, high carbs/sugars will put on belly fat, especially in your older years.

• Like 1