LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management

Does anyone here use a Fitbit?

Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management Staying fit and physically healthy is essential! Remember, we aren't subsitutes for your physician! As always, talk to your doctor before following any suggestions or advice!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd September 2018, 11:06 AM   #16
Established Member

I had a Fitbit Charge 2. It was neat, but I got rid of it since it's not waterproof and has no GPS so the running distance tracking isn't particularly accurate.

I'm currently using a Garmin Vivoactive 3, which fixes both of the above. Only had it a week so far, but pretty impressed with the results.
Andy_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2018, 5:51 AM   #17
Established Member

Iím now thinking a Samsung fit 2, a lot cheaper & has everything I want, I was set in a Fitbit Versa there, nearly bought one today and didnít get the deal I expected. Apple is too expensive.
mrs rubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2018, 1:35 AM   #18
Established Member

Well I finally bought one.

I got the Fitbit versa, I can track my swimming with it and Iím loving getting the notifications of calls and texts to my phone, very cool. I havenít gone through all the features yet, but Iím loving keeping track of my heart rate and steps, Iíve done 12500 so far today. 6.31pm here.
I walked to and from work, had a reasonably quiet day at work, then went grocery shopping after work.
I tossed up for so long between the apple, Samsung and Fitbit, I decided that for what I wanted, It was best value for my money.
Old 25th December 2018, 4:38 AM   #19
Established Member

I have a fit bit and I think it's fun but when it comes to counting steps it not entirely accurate. This is because you wear it on your wrist and so it calculates some arm movements as steps. I remember someone joking on a talk show once how weird it was that their teenage son's Fitbit says he takes 20,000 steps a day yet he never leaves his room, lol.
anika99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2019, 3:43 AM   #20

Fitbit Flex 2

I am using a Fitbit Flex 2 waterproof fitness tracker to track steps, distance, calories burned and activity time. Everything is fine. The manufacturer says it is waterproof, but I have not tested its waterproof rating and I don't think it is completely waterproof.
maxamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2019, 3:27 PM   #21
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anika99 View Post
I have a fit bit and I think it's fun but when it comes to counting steps it not entirely accurate. This is because you wear it on your wrist and so it calculates some arm movements as steps. I remember someone joking on a talk show once how weird it was that their teenage son's Fitbit says he takes 20,000 steps a day yet he never leaves his room, lol.
Yes, I found it very interesting that Iíd done 5,500 steps sitting in our motor home going over bumpy roads yesterday yet if Iím driving in my car on smooth roads no steps are recorded so itís not completely accurate.
On a positive note Iíve lost weight, my doctor didnít recognise me last time I saw him and Iíve managed to lower my blood pressure medication by being fitter.
Old 4th January 2019, 3:30 PM   #22
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamber View Post
I am using a Fitbit Flex 2 waterproof fitness tracker to track steps, distance, calories burned and activity time. Everything is fine. The manufacturer says it is waterproof, but I have not tested its waterproof rating and I don't think it is completely waterproof.
I have tested my versa in the pool, it works fine but does record slightly more metres than Iíve actually done.
Old 4th January 2019, 3:32 PM   #23
Established Member

I'm back to wearing mine. I don't get many steps when I push a shopping cart through the grocery store or pull wheeled luggage behind me with that hand.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2019, 8:30 AM   #24

Yes,I am using Fitbit Blaze from over a year now and the best thing I liked about it is we don't need a watch on our wrist anymore. So, I greatly suggest everyone to use this.
david2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2019, 9:50 AM   #25
Established Member

I like the Apple Watch, as it goes well with my iPhone. The Apple Pay feature us very handy ;-)
JuneL is offline   Reply With Quote