Remedies for exhaustion

major_merrick

I am about two months pregnant. The morning sickness is starting to lessen, but is being replaced with total fatigue. I eat healthy stuff and take my vitamins and I've sort of gotten my appetite back, but I have no energy. I also continue to lose weight. I know that's normal, but shouldn't that be slowing by now?

I feel like I just want to sleep all the time, but when I try to go to bed my worries keep me awake. I am basically nonfunctional at work until almost lunchtime, and my mind is so messed up in the morning I can barely think, and I don't even drive myself to work anymore because I just don't want to do it. Anything a person can take to naturally boost their energy?

are you depressed? that can cause fatigue, weight loss and wanting to sleep all the time

FilterCoffee
Anything a person can take to naturally boost their energy?

Do you live in a tropical country? Coconut water is my favourite. The fruit inside is also really nutritious. Bananas, coffee, jaggery and cashew nuts are great as well.

You're pregnant and being pregnant makes you really tired. And not being able to think is commonly known as 'baby brain'. I couldn't even read a newspaper article when I was pregnant.

Then you'll be a mother of a young child and the tiredness will get worse and the baby brain won't have gone yet.

Be prepared to feel low on energy for the next few years. And welcome to the world of motherhood.

Interstellar

You mentioned that you eat healthy stuff and you sort of gotten your appetite back but have no energy. The normal calorie requirement is at least 2,000 a day.

Are you getting enough?

whichwayisup

Make sure you're taking all the vitamins and minerals you're supposed to be taking during your pregnancy.

It could just be your hormones.

Stay in bed when you can and try to sleep. Rest is the only cure for exhaustion. As far as worrying, fix whatever it is you're worrying about. If you can't fix it, stop worrying about it.

CautiouslyOptimistic

The fatigue/sleepiness in early pregnancy is like nothing I've ever experienced! Except for the fatigue/sleepiness that comes from having a newborn of course! :)

Thankfully, it does go away, unlike "morning" sickness! (At least mine never did)

Romantic_Antics

It might seem counterintuitive, but maybe you need a little bit of light exercise to get some good old fashioned endorphins circulating? You might also consider increasing your intake of protein, fiber, and iron.

I'm not a doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :p