LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management

Easy 1 week diet plan?

Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management Staying fit and physically healthy is essential! Remember, we aren't subsitutes for your physician! As always, talk to your doctor before following any suggestions or advice!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st February 2018, 5:53 PM   #16
Established Member

You really wanna be on a diet for Superbowl?
jay1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2018, 5:54 PM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GemmaUK View Post
That's dead easy - pack yourself a lunch for the next day.
Don't starve though.

This is a good idea. I've never made my lunch the night before like I would if I was going out of the house for work. I ate a lot healthier when I worked outside the home. I had a pretty strict plan when I packed lunches.

Today I had Ramen, but that was only because I need to shop and have nothing else in the house. My lunch is usually leftovers or I'll make a tuna sandwich (I do eat "good bread" or multigrain sandwich thins if I have bread). I had cottage cheese for breakfast. I'm not sure what I'll have for dinner because I don't have much here. The nights my kids aren't here I pick and don't really eat an actual meal.

I've lost close to 30 pounds before, so I know exactly how to do it and what foods to eat. I find it difficult to get the motivation to get out to the store, make good choices, and cook myself a decent meal when I'm feeling so overwhelmed with everything else in my life.
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2018, 5:56 PM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay1983 View Post
You really wanna be on a diet for Superbowl?
No! I said I'm starting Monday .
Old 1st February 2018, 6:03 PM   #19
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiouslyOptimistic View Post
ALL of it if I didn't have kids .
Me, too. Gah! Kid food is my downfall. They sure love their carbs!
grays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2018, 6:16 PM   #20
Established Member

One thing to always consider.....

Many people go on diets, but may not realize that what made them gain the weight in the first place may not have been food related...

I don't know what type of health plan you have, but I strongly advise a blood workup to be sure that you don't have some condition(hypothyroidism/Hashimoto, etc), that may be the real culprit...If not addressed, then you likely won't have any success or the type of diet will need to be so restrictive that it will be impossible to sustain..And those types of diets can wreak havoc on other physiological functions...Hair, nail and skin ailments/conditions, menstrual issues, etc..

It's worth your time and effort to get this done..especially if its been a while since your last workup...

Good luck....

TFY
Old 2nd February 2018, 12:01 PM   #21
Established Member

I've always found that when I cut down on white bread and similar carbs, it makes a big difference. Emphasis on vegetables, fruits, lean proteins + a decent level of activity and you can't go wrong.

I'm also a big fan of green juice. My favorite blend is 20 calories a cup and makes me feel amazing.
Ruby Slippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2018, 4:42 PM   #22
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiouslyOptimistic View Post
This is a good idea. I've never made my lunch the night before like I would if I was going out of the house for work. I ate a lot healthier when I worked outside the home. I had a pretty strict plan when I packed lunches.
That; one thing then - it would make you 'feel bad' if you don't eat what is prepped.
I am not a fan of feeling bad myself having done diets for almost 20 years and cracking it myself - purely through th method I already posted here earlier.

But you work from home too so do you get up, shower, get ready for the day at all?

You have a dog - your dog would ADORE going out to sniff the lamp posts for 'doggie news' every day twice a day for half an hour.

You're missing out on fulfilling doggie life and your own exercise.
This is the simple stuff you would do each day if you didn't work from home.

Do you have a 'problem food or drink' or a problem food or drink habit?
If not, it's possible you just need to move more and daily.
GemmaUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2018, 8:33 PM   #23
Established Member

I started my fitness pal “app” 3 years ago and lost 30 lbs and have kept it off, I still use it to maintain, its the best thing that’s worked for me long term, I’ve logged in 1125 days in a row now. You might want to check it out.
treehugger12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2018, 11:23 PM   #24
Established Member

Loved the game. Huge congrats on the birds CA
Cullenbohannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2018, 12:13 AM   #25
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullenbohannon View Post
Loved the game. Huge congrats on the birds CA
Amazing!!!! Love these guys. One of my high school friends is mama to one of these boys and he had an amazing play tonight and is being talked about a lot, and I'm sooooo happy for him and their whole famliy . The amazing Christian testimony this team has, too, is a blessing to me <3. I just love the Eagles .
Old 5th February 2018, 12:14 AM   #26
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefooloftheyear View Post
One thing to always consider.....

Many people go on diets, but may not realize that what made them gain the weight in the first place may not have been food related...

I don't know what type of health plan you have, but I strongly advise a blood workup to be sure that you don't have some condition(hypothyroidism/Hashimoto, etc), that may be the real culprit...If not addressed, then you likely won't have any success or the type of diet will need to be so restrictive that it will be impossible to sustain..And those types of diets can wreak havoc on other physiological functions...Hair, nail and skin ailments/conditions, menstrual issues, etc..

It's worth your time and effort to get this done..especially if its been a while since your last workup...

Good luck....

TFY
I am way overdue. I have no health insurance so it's a sacrifice to get this done, but I know I need to .
Old 5th February 2018, 12:18 AM   #27
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Slippers View Post
I've always found that when I cut down on white bread and similar carbs, it makes a big difference. Emphasis on vegetables, fruits, lean proteins + a decent level of activity and you can't go wrong.

I'm also a big fan of green juice. My favorite blend is 20 calories a cup and makes me feel amazing.
I don't eat white bread, but bread at ALL if necessary for me if I want to lose anything. I just can't eat it. If I drop ALl bread and carbs and drink no alcohol, I'll drop weight very quickly. It's just the mindset I have to get into that I hate.....basically I have to deprive myself of everything I like in order to maintain a normal weight and it feels so unfair. (stomping my feet like a two year old)

But seriously, I've lost weight in the past, but I have to eat almost nothing to do it.
Old 16th February 2018, 2:31 AM   #28
Established Member

If you are becoming bulky muscular its because you are over on your calories, NOT the exercise you are doing. I know this as a personal trainer. Even women who lift weights can be slim ... as long as they exercise with INTENSITY.

Best of luck
dangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2018, 7:38 AM   #29

Basically you can lose weight on any diet. I used to eat a huge oatmeal breakfast, have a bunch of calorie-rich croissants inbetween, then have 2 large Whopper meals at Burger King, have several large pretzels in the afternoon, and a XXL pizza in the evening, plus a few beers.
My weight was 150 pounds at 5'9 and I was shredded. The reason I ate this kind of food and why I was shredded was because I worked as a bike messenger 10 hours/day.
At other times, I ate completely "clean", meaning healthy, and was overweight because I didn't exercise and ate too much. It just shows, it doesn't matter what you eat as long as you don't eat more than you burn.

There are a million fad diets and everyone claims he has the holy grail to weight loss and perfect health but my experience as a life long athlete is that calories DO matter.
I would recommend to decrease the amount you eat by roughly 15-20%. Not enough to starve yourself but enough to lose weight over time.

Personally I would always recommend a healthy diet but for health reasons and not to lose weight. The best diet is the one you stick to.
Eljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2018, 8:19 PM   #30
Established Member

Hey CautiouslyOptimistic...

Just wanted to touch base and see how the diet is going.

Personally, I hit my goal weight on Monday, actually a pound under my goal weight. I've lost 26 pounds total. I'm not bragging, just wanted to let you know that your goal is attainable, slow and steady wins the race.

I actually thought it was going to be harder, but once I got into my routine of walking early in the morning (5:30am), every morning; the weight came off in a rather predictable fashion. I may try to lose a bit more, but am happy that I am at the weight my doctor wants me to be.

Hope your new diet/exercise program is going well.

Words of encouragement... You can do it!!