How long does it take for a toe to heal?

So last week I hit my toe against a baseboard and it still has its moments when it's in pain. I can walk and stand on it, but then there are times when it still hurts. It's been more than a week. How much longer do I have to live with the pain?

Which toe? Big toe, a middle one or the baby toe? Each kind is different.

I've broken, over the years, each of my baby toes at least a dozen times. No big woop. Forget about it. They always heal. I broke my right baby toe just last week. Big deal.

The other toes, just tape the bad one to its strongest most stable neighbour and let it heal. The big toe is the most problematic because it does most of the work so if taping him to his buddy doesn't calm things down maybe you need an X-ray to see what you've done.

• 1 month later...
Cookiesandough

I recently had a date where the guy made me walk what must have been at least 10 miles with him and my baby toe is now blue. I heard they often fall off because the blue is blood pooled underneath and takes months to regrow. So you just have a toenailess toe for months? Is there any way to save the nail at this point?

i had a large can of soup fall on my foot and it broke the big toenail completely off, it had to be completely removed by a nurse. it took at least 10 months to grow back the entire way. they do grow back, but not fast. i've never heard of them just falling off though? maybe it's just really hurt/swollen from the walk and might go down in a few days. just ice cold water can help it feel better.

• Like 1

I've had that few times:

1) If severe: nail will fall out. It may take few weeks, the new nail under it will basically push the 'dead' nail out

2) If mild: the blue part will be just pushed by healthy new growth. I had that when I have a blue spot on the nail but the nail bed still looks pinkish.

3) You can ask a d-r to remove it to speed up the process, but I think if you're not in pain, better leave it do its thing naturally.

I recently had a date where the guy made me walk what must have been at least 10 miles with him and my baby toe is now blue. I heard they often fall off because the blue is blood pooled underneath and takes months to regrow. So you just have a toenailess toe for months? Is there any way to save the nail at this point?
  • Like 1
So last week I hit my toe against a baseboard and it still has its moments when it's in pain. I can walk and stand on it, but then there are times when it still hurts. It's been more than a week. How much longer do I have to live with the pain?

Yeah had that happen at work for me it was metal bars.. I ran to the ice machine and stuck my foot into the bag of ice. I was in so much pain I didn't want to loose my toe nail also. I had to leave work and go home limping couldn't drive with my right foot use my left instead. I am Reiki Master healer I can heal from within, but to speed up the process you use special magnet therapy with high gauss magnet two would be used on the toe on top and on bottom of toe the two poles of the magnet would connect through your bone tissue. In a few hours the pay goes away but it has to stay on their over night into the next day. Can be worn at work. I didn't loose my toe nail but I can see the black spot in my nail moving upward in a couple of months is show go away on it's own.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that my dear. Like I told one of my dates where he toe wasn't growing back the nail. I to her to use that anti fungus for the toe also you can use Walmart Equate Vaporizing rub it has something in it to kill anything and help the regrow of nail tissue.

• Like 1