I've had small internal hemorrhoids before. A l-o-n-g time ago.

I think I know the sign of regular hemorrhoids. But here's my question....how much are them suckers supposed to bleed? :confused:

How do you know for sure if you have one?

You know I have always heard about that? hat the hell is that and how do you get them and how do you get rid of them? :confused:

laRubiaBonita

i would not think you would want it to bleed a lot......

is the blood red or more brown-old blood?

• Author

I had them with pregnancy, a lot of women do. You can get them many ways. Or sometimes there's no reason at all

When I had my ear surgery 3 weeks ago, the breathing tube that they put down my throat caused me to have gastritis.

I don't know for sure that I have one, but I keep bleeding and passing clots. I'm losing about a teaspoon of blood per day. :o It doesn't ever stop. It's been three weeks. Blood on my underwear, red toilet water, the whole nine. But today my ass really hurts, like I have a 'rhoid?

The doctor can't get me in for another month and a half. :laugh:

• Author
Originally posted by laRubiaBonita

i would not think you would want it to bleed a lot......

is the blood red or more brown-old blood?

Oh, it's BRIGHT red. Like someone's been shot. The clots are darker of course.

I know that the brighter the blood, the closer to the source. Atleast I'm pretty sure I'm not bleeding from my colon. Then it'd be darker.

I found this too on a GI site....if anyone else is interested or has this problem....

The color of the blood during rectal bleeding often depends on the location of the bleeding in the gastrointestinal tract. Generally, the closer the bleeding site is to the anus, the blood will be a brighter red. Thus, bleeding from the anus, rectum, and the sigmoid colon tend to be bright red, whereas bleeding from the transverse colon and the right colon tend to be dark red or maroon.

Damn it! :laugh:

The one and only time I ever had one of these was after I gave birth to my first daughter...

Funny how no one ever tells you all the f'cked up things that can happen to you during pregnancy, and for real birth!

I remember one of my GF's saying it was like having a grape poppin the hell outta her butt a few days after she gave birth to her Son... :eek::laugh: WTF is that?!

Anyway... *Getting side tracked*

The one I had went away pretty fast.. but damn it was uncomfortable! I understand hot bath's are suppose to help and of course there is always the over the counter medications... mine didn't bleed (Thank God!)

Hope you feel mo betta soon..

• Author
Hope you feel mo betta soon..

:o Me too.

What type of rhoid medicine is out there? I'm completely drawing a blank. Oh wait, preparation H.

:laugh:

Oh this so sucks.

Originally posted by tiki

What type of rhoid medicine is out there? I'm completely drawing a blank. Oh wait, preparation H.

:laugh:

Oh this so sucks.

Theres also Tucks medicated pads... LMAO I remember the commercial they had... it shows a match on fiiirrreeee then they put it out with the Tucks pad... :laugh:

I think they also have medicated bath soaks for this?

hey TIKI, what the f*ck is the deal with you and all yer medical problems?!?

anyways being the son of a gastroenterologist i can answer. the OTC medications for hemorrhoids are pretty much worthless. You need the Rx versions with cortisone in them. those work great and they will get rid of your 'rhoids after a few days.

the cortisone reduces the swelling dramatically. a good one is Anusol but the prescription version.

laRubiaBonita

ANUsol! Hahaha! :D:D:D

it sucks that pharmacy tech's are usually young cute guys! :o

• Author

:lmao:

You guys are making me feel better.

hey TIKI, what the f*ck is the deal with you and all yer medical problems?!?

Well, you know what they say. When it rains, it poors. :o

laRubiaBonita

Well, you know what they say. When it rains, it poors. :o

or hemmorages....what eva'! :p

Cold compresses of aloe vera and vitamin e liquid (found at drug stores) work wonders for getting rid of the discomfort. Do that in conjunction with a high-fiber diet and lots of water for fast healing.

So I've heard...from friends... ;)

It's literally a PIA!

• Author

Thanks. I have some vitamin E at home.

I'll put it on my a**h***; sounds like a fun Friday night.

whichwayisup
I'll put it on my a**h***; sounds like a fun Friday night.

:lmao: Enjoy! :p

OK well little Hemmy buddies are just pains in the asses! HEHEHEHE, sorry, that's corny I know it! (CORNY! I had to bring up the corn!)

Bath with baking soda and either aloe or vitamin E..But I see you got that taken care of already! :p

A month and a half to see a DR? Man, if my ass bled for 3 weeks, no, if my ass bled for a DAY like that, I'd be running to the walk-in-clinic and getting it checked out!! F*ck that, seeing that blood all the time and CLOTS to boot? I'd be freakin' out!

Whatever you do! DO NOT try to push it back in. Just don't even touch it...Infact, don't even LOOK at the little bastard! :laugh:

I always thought Rhoids were pictures than came out of the camera and developed in ten seconds. But the company has fallen on bad times. They mostly call them Piles now.

If they're bleeding real bad, you should go to a doctor or camera store.

Originally posted by whichwayisup

:lmao: Enjoy! :p

OK well little Hemmy buddies are just pains in the asses! HEHEHEHE, sorry, that's corny I know it! (CORNY! I had to bring up the corn!)

yeah TIKI, whutever u do... DO NOT EAT ANY CORN!!!

• Author

I think they're internal. I can't see anything. :D

Hubby bought me some TUCKs medicated padz and I'm good 2 go today. 'Til dump time anyway. :mad:

Got an appt with a gastro on Tues. YAY!!! :rolleyes:

• Author

Okay, my sweet hubby went and got the TUCKS for me and by later that night I was feeling sooo much better. My bleeding has stopped for almost all day today. Doesn't that figure...my appointment is tomorrow. I'm still going.

HotCaliGirl
Originally posted by tiki ...my appointment is tomorrow. I'm still going.

So how did your appointment go?? How are you feeling?

• Author

I cancelled it. :o I figured it was a waste of time and insurance dollars. My butt's not bleeding anymore. The doc that I was scheduled with got me in pretty soon, so if it starts back up again, I'm gonna call back. Hopefully it was just a rhoid. Boy, that SUCKED!

alphamale

I cancelled it. :o I figured it was a waste of time and insurance dollars. My butt's not bleeding anymore. The doc that I was scheduled with got me in pretty soon, so if it starts back up again, I'm gonna call back. Hopefully it was just a rhoid. Boy, that SUCKED!

TIKI do u have to sit on one of those inflatable ring thing-a-ma-jigs? they look like a big donut or a life preserver... :p

• Author
Originally posted by alphamale

TIKI do u have to sit on one of those inflatable ring thing-a-ma-jigs? they look like a big donut or a life preserver... :p

No, no, no. ;) I think it was a rhoid, but it's gone now. :p:p