Hi, anyone out there been on a wheatgrass regimen or know much about it? Lots of info on the internet and a friend who swears by it.

Cookiesandough

I drank wheatgrass every morning for a few months. I didn't blend it into a smoothie or something like you probably should....just drank it with water. I didn't notice much of a difference in my health, so I always felt like I might as well had been eating my front lawn. It straight up tasted like a glass the grass in my yard that I ate when I was a kid.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
curiouslysearching
Hi, anyone out there been on a wheatgrass regimen or know much about it? Lots of info on the internet and a friend who swears by it.

I have not tried it but when I was still playing it seems like every

dietitian we used had a different diet plan that involved a variety

of different things. For me, a well balanced diet combined with

a good exercise regiment works best. I do have a very high metabolism

which helps but the catch words these "gurus" always used with us

were moderation and balanced. On a side note, lots of animals eat

grass and seem to like it..............

vanhalenfan

I drink it from time to time...It's actually quite sweet. It's a sweet grass. I don't mind the taste if it's just a shot or two. That said, I can't say it really made a noticeable difference in my health. I was hoping for improved energy levels as I've read it can help....but no. I should probably just sleep more than my usual 5 hours/night :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
curiouslysearching

I am going to try a similar product (cannot remember the name off

of the top of my head) and I will let you know. It has other natural

substances in it

What's your goal? I have not tried it myself.

• Author
What's your goal? I have not tried it myself.

I've heard alot about increased energy levels, better metabolism. Getting a few grey hairs and i heard it helps with that.:o. I take it off and on and dont really notice any tangible difference for the better.

• Like 1

To get the full benefits of what wheatgrass has to offer it has to be fresh. Grown in a pot, cut fresh each morning. Not that big of a hassle to do, it grows easily, just clip off the tops. Powdered is too over processed.

I've heard alot about increased energy levels, better metabolism. Getting a few grey hairs and i heard it helps with that.:o. I take it off and on and dont really notice any tangible difference for the better.

If its to supplement weight lifting and some cardio, I would say go for it. If it's to replace those things, then I would say that ain't going to happen haha!

bluefeather

Just tasted like grass and noticed no improvements in anything. Think I only tried it for a few weeks, though, but I couldn't get passed the taste.