Gaining muscle strength while doing nothing.

It is actually possible, by practising motor imagery, imagining that you are exercising. This technique, which is used by athletes, can also be helpful for those with disabling medical conditions or who are recovering from injury.

BBC Two - Trust Me, I'm a Doctor, Summer Special 2016 - Is it possible to get stronger just by thinking about exercise?

thefooloftheyear

I think that probably only works for people that already have muscle mass, to help from wasting...

I do wonder how some animals do it, though...You have animals like snakes that do basically nothing all day long, yet are practically 100% solid muscle and extremely powerful for their size..

TFY

• Like 1
  • Author
I think that probably only works for people that already have muscle mass, to help from wasting...

I do wonder how some animals do it, though...You have animals like snakes that do basically nothing all day long, yet are practically 100% solid muscle and extremely powerful for their size..

TFY

Yes, unfortunately we can't grow new muscles fibres with motor imagery.

Interesting point about animals. My cat is pretty the same. Perhaps they also practise MI, some kind of inbuilt neuronal system?