A question for the ladies about MEN's weight

On this thread, you can finally stop thinking about your own weight and focus on men's weight! (At least, for the most part)

Alright, so let's get down to the topic.

I am a single 26-year-old Canadian male.

According to at least two online sources, the average Canadian adult female weighs 153 pounds - the average U.S. adult female, ten pounds more.

For some time, I have believed that the ideal weight for a woman should be 2/3 to 3/4 of her man's weight. So, that puts the ideal mate for me within a window of 99 to 110 pounds. If I'm very generous, I can widen that from 95 to 115 pounds.

This means that the average woman in this country would need to lose something in the neighbourhood of 25% of her weight in order to fit into that window.

**Keep in mind: this thread is not about obesity** - height is also a factor here. And yes, I do think there are many beautiful women out there who are heavier than I am. But many of them are not attracted to me, because there are plenty of bigger men well over the 200-pound marker. Smaller girls seem to be attracted to me more.

I wanted to consult with the women on the forum about this. Would you agree or disagree that your ideal man should be 1/4 to 1/3 heavier than yourself?

This [iMO] is just stupid.

edit: I understand you're from Canada and you got a drama teacher leading all of you......which explains this.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Language
  • Like 8

I have honestly never thought about your question, never once considered by how much a man should outweigh me.

I like men who are reasonably in shape, as I am active and in shape myself.

That's it.

Signed,

A Canadian woman

• Like 2
Wookin Pa Nub

I am a tall guy (6-3) and use to be thin but have been mostly over 225 since college. I have thought about this too. I have a "thing" for petite girls but NEVER EVER had any luck with petite girls. I am I guess average looks but they seem to ignore me like the plague. I guess I can conclude that petite girls like smaller to medium build guys. Also by the girls I have hooked up with or dated medium to bigger girls like bigger guys. Other theory is most guys like petite girls so petite girls can be more selective and pick the top shelf guys.

• Like 1

edit: I understand you're from Canada and you got a drama teacher leading all of you......which explains this.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:lmao::lmao::lmao:

His fluffy hair is the killer really.

OP 95-110lbs is soooo tiny for a woman! I'm 5'2 and very tiny myself and about 128lbs... that is a ridiculous size requirement you have.

I personally am attracted to tall and lean, so the guys I usually date are always pretty thin. Do not give a rats ass what they weigh.

I think women are more concerned about the weight between the legs of man ;)

Edit quote
  • Like 3

I'd never measure so precisely :D And I love statistics etc but never though to measure up a guy accounting my weight However my last bf was exactly in that range... so maybe the count is right :lmao:

I think there are plenty 100-110 pound women, but from the short ones. To keep it healthy BMI (>18.5) - target chicks 5'1-5'2 and shorter

... Or just accept that women are attracted also to thinner guys and men are attracted also to heavier women and date in a broader range

On this thread, you can finally stop thinking about your own weight and focus on men's weight! (At least, for the most part)

According to at least two online sources, the average Canadian adult female weighs 153 pounds - the average U.S. adult female, ten pounds more.

For some time, I have believed that the ideal weight for a woman should be 2/3 to 3/4 of her man's weight. So, that puts the ideal mate for me within a window of 99 to 110 pounds. If I'm very generous, I can widen that from 95 to 115 pounds.

This means that the average woman in this country would need to lose something in the neighbourhood of 25% of her weight in order to fit into that window.

**Keep in mind: this thread is not about obesity** - height is also a factor here. And yes, I do think there are many beautiful women out there who are heavier than I am. But many of them are not attracted to me, because there are plenty of bigger men well over the 200-pound marker. Smaller girls seem to be attracted to me more.

I wanted to consult with the women on the forum about this. Would you agree or disagree that your ideal man should be 1/4 to 1/3 heavier than yourself?

I like a man to be bigger than me. I joke if a man is smaller than me, I end up feeling like Xena the warrior princess.

I am a solid 5'6", muscular, a bit "thick" (us size 8-10).

A guy could be near my height, but built, and I could be attracted to him. Or more slim / slight than me, yet taller, then still often find attraction.

If feel like I could beat you in a wrestling match (don't forget I am country strong :p ) than its a no go.

I had a smaller guy practically plead me to over look his size - but I just can't. As the female, I don't want to be the bigger or stronger one.

As for percentages over... I don't know about that, but I do want him to have some more size, and especially more strength than I do. (Gees, it doesn't help that one time I made out with a "smaller" guy and he felt up my fairly muscular legs and said that they were incredible - nice compliment, but despite the fact he was an excellent kisser, the fact that I felt I could easily pin him down with said legs was deal killer).

Edited to add - just did the math, and my husband is exactly 25% heavier than I am. He is 5 icnhes taller, and muscular.

Edited by RecentChange
  • Like 1
  • Author

Imported, your comment is completely irrelevant.[] Also, to suggest that my post is somehow a result of what prime minister I have betrays [you]. I didn't vote for the Liberals either.

Response to edited post redacted

If you strongly believe this theory, why are you suggesting that the girls lose weight? Shouldn't you be gaining weight?

• Like 5

I wish to be honest. Most women are going to weigh more than that. To be healthy at those low weights, a woman could not be very tall. In my opinion, weight should really not matter at all.

• Like 1
  • Author

I am trying to gain weight. I'm just interested in the experiences of other women regarding their proportions compared to the men they're around.

Interesting. I am 5'10 and obese class 1 lol according to the charts.. Ive never been approached by men bigger than me. They are usually shorter and in shape which is odd, but it may be the location. I am in FL where most of the men like women with meat on them.

I generally like men who are bigger than me but the last few guys I dated were quite thin and found I was good with that too.

Considering I'm only 5'1" pretty much everyone is taller than me. I've recently lost a lot of weight, changed my lifestyle and such. But I prefer men with some meat on them.

My ex husband is super skinny and tall, maybe i have an aversion to super skinny men now because of him?

• Like 1

I'm 6-2 and 220. I've dated petite women and tall women and in between. 4'10 to 6'0. Only one woman ever said a thing about my weight. She said she usually dated thinner guys, but that didn't stop her from hooking up with me and coming back for more.

Most women I have talked to want a man that is bigger and stronger than she is and usually prefer omeone who is taller.

A 5'10 woman that I know was on OLD. She didn't like guys of slight to medium build. She said she was afraid she would break them. She'd always next them. I asked her why she didn't put a height and weight requirement on her profile. She thought it was shallow. She wanted to give them a chance. But invariable she'd not be attracted to the small guys after they met in person.

GunslingerRoland

This made my day...

Anyway back to the original post, it's ridiculous to try and quantify something like a percentage of weight that a woman should weigh in comparison to you.

It depends on so many factors. The fact that you are quite a thin guy might make you think that you should be with an equally thin woman but there is no magic formula that makes that happen. You didn't say anything about height but that is also a factor. A tall man is more likely to date a woman considerably shorter, which will help him outweigh her by a lot. If you are short you are much more likely to be with someone similar in size to yourself.

Also a lot of men greatly underestimate real women's weight. Especially a woman with curves can weigh a fair bit quite easily without appearing fat. Unlike us men who gain most of our fat on our bellies women get the advantage of some better distribution at least up to a certain point.

SCP-173,

Your requirements are nuts.

What do you want a freaking dwarf? *

If you did, I doubt they's want to date you.

* No offence to people who are BMI challenged.

I sometimes think something similar (and more generous) as a man:

I'm 6'2 and under 200 lbs (on my way to 185). I'm a bit disgusted by how many women weigh as much as me despite being 6-12 inches shorter.

So uh yeah, I feel it's reasonable to want a girl who weighs less than me...

• Like 1

You must be pretty small.

I'm 5'6" and 130 pounds, so a guy 1/4-1/3 heavier than me would be between 162-173 pounds. This could work for me since I like rangy guys, but I think I could easily date someone who was 1/2 heavier than I am (195) and that would also be ok. All depending on height, of course.

If your mathematically ideal woman is between 99-110 pounds, that puts you at about 130-140 pounds. How tall are you?

I sometimes think something similar (and more generous) as a man:

I'm 6'2 and under 200 lbs (on my way to 185). I'm a bit disgusted by how many women weigh as much as me despite being 6-12 inches shorter.

So uh yeah, I feel it's reasonable to want a girl who weighs less than me...

Well, to each their own.

My husband and I weigh almost the same, or he might be 5-8 pounds more. He's 8 inches taller. We're one of those 'tall thin guy/plus-size woman' couples.

He isn't disgusted by it. Many men aren't.

I realized though that I was a LOT happier when I was slimmer and there was a good 40-50 pound difference between us. As we aged, (I'm 47 and he's 45) I gained and he stayed the same, because he is athletic. I really did like how it was years ago when he felt 'big' compared to me, and I was relatively petite. Now we look like the number 10. Or 01.

It's one of the things that is making me try to get back on the wagon and get on a weight-loss plan again. I don't like feeling 'bigger' horizontally compared to him even though he's still taller. I also find 'bigger guys' very attractive because they have that 'bigger than me' feel. Not so much the muscle men but the overweight teddy bear guys.

Edited by bebe23

I just looked up a BMI chart for reference and 95lbs doesn't even appear on it - talk about underweight! That doesn't even take into account muscle, which would be a bit heavier. I'm 5'2 and 120lbs. I get told I'm too thin by people (UK 6-8). I lift weights so have a fair bit of muscle there. But I'm outside your range. How did you come up with these numbers?

I do like a guy to be heavier than me. Probably because a lighter guy would look quite ill! But I'm also insecure about the way I look. I wouldn't like to be with someone who made me feel big. I also like being thrown around a bit and they'd struggle if I out weighed them ;-)

• Like 1
OP 95-110lbs is soooo tiny for a woman! I'm 5'2 and very tiny myself and about 128lbs... that is a ridiculous size requirement you have.

A woman of your height should weigh between 101lbs and 137lbs according to the height and weight charts. You are towards the top end of normal weight for your height and are by no means "very tiny".

We have lost sight of what is a normal weight and what is not. People of normal weights may look tiny because so many people are so grossly obese these days but they arent very tiny, they're normal weight. When I was in college I was 5'4 and 117lbs and I didnt consider myself very tiny.

The Op is ridiculous though. May be a new way to date though. Instead of personality profiling he should spend first dates doing BMI charts and percentages to his weight. Lol.

Then of course he meets the perfect woman with a ratio perfect to his weight and she puts on weight with age, pregnancy etc. Then what....?

• Like 3
A woman of your height should weigh between 101lbs and 137lbs according to the height and weight charts. You are towards the top end of normal weight for your height and are by no means "very tiny".

She said she's a UK6... That's a US size 2. That seems small to me.