LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management

Huge appetite since puberty

Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management Staying fit and physically healthy is essential! Remember, we aren't subsitutes for your physician! As always, talk to your doctor before following any suggestions or advice!

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th December 2016, 7:07 AM   #16
Established Member

It's not so much about being hungry.
It's just that constantly having to eat something while watching a movie or television, in the evenings mostly. I just get restless when I have to watch a movie or show without munching. really weird. Drinking something is not enough.

For most replies; you are addressing how much I eat and whether I eat healthy or not, while the main subject of my thread is appetite. Which is a different topic.
I hope there are still some people out here who can tell me more on appetite (without hunger).
Old 7th December 2016, 8:24 AM   #17
Established Member

How much exactly are you eating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerCay View Post
It's not so much about being hungry.
It's just that constantly having to eat something while watching a movie or television, in the evenings mostly. I just get restless when I have to watch a movie or show without munching. really weird. Drinking something is not enough.
Maybe get some REALLY low calorie food, like blueberries or carrots, to munch on? I would be very impressed if anyone could gain weight snacking on those.

Also, err, how often are you watching movies/TV in the evenings? Might be worth expanding your hobbies if it's a '3 hours a night, every night' thing? Not just for your weight, but for life in general.

I mean, I don't blame you at all. Maintaining/losing weight is definitely not as easy as people claim it is, because our bodies have stopped evolving at the hunter-gatherer stage where food was relatively more scarce and physical activity more common. Modern day food and jobs just do not mesh well with that. But we can still control it to an extent, just with a significant amount of effort.

Last edited by Elswyth; 7th December 2016 at 8:36 AM..
Elswyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2016, 2:23 PM   #18
Established Member

Blueberries as a sweetener, Crispbread and salsa as a savory snack, chilli con carne+rice as a main savory dish.

Try a routine of eating the above or things alike, you may just have a tendency to stick with them. They're also extremely good for you also, you'll maintain a balance with your weight, hunger and/or diet.
DarrenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2016, 10:32 AM   #19
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerCay View Post
Have you ever been to a movie theater? How many people don't have a snack in it? I think what you are talking about is pretty normal for most people. I think that is where the whole couch potato thing comes from. You get the double whammy of expending 0 calories, while feeling the need to consume them at the same time. But if you lead a healthy lifestyle overall, and watch a few hours of TV a week, those snacks won't make too much difference.
GunslingerRoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2016, 1:07 AM   #20
Established Member

It really depends on what you're eating. There are plenty of natural things you can consume (aside from caffeine) to better remedy this. A serving of nuts, avocado, or "good" fat helps.

Same goes for vegetable juice, oatmeal, cayenne pepper as a seasoning, ginger, yams, dark chocolate, mint, yogurt, and eggs.

My suggestion is to eat like you currently are for a week, but keep track of what you're eating, then every week, cut out 50 to 100 calories while working in some of the foods above. This will give your body time to adjust to the smaller food intake without causing a big drop in energy or spark cravings.
creighton0123 is offline   Reply With Quote