Working for me - Keto/IF/Fasted Workouts

I am 30. At my highest I was 300lbs. I have battled my weight my entire life, gaining and losing without consistency. I have finally found what works for me, and I wanted to share my direction with you in hopes that even 1 more person out there can win their own personal battle.

First of all the foundation of what I am doing is a logical combination of different techniques which support each other and assist in maintaining consistency. I built up to where I am slowly and did not dive in.

First of all before you partake in this, make sure you do your own research. I will discuss my concept, but for you to truly understand the benefits you need to research and understand it yourself.

Elements

Ketogenic Diet - A nutritional diet subsisting of high fats, moderate protein, and almost no carbs. This allows the body to begin converting fat into energy, rather than using sugars from carbs.

Intermittent Fasting - An eating pattern characterized by limiting your caloric intake to a short window during the day. Common implementation is 16 hour fast with an 8 hour eating window.

Fasted Workouts - Completing your workout while in a fasted state (10-12+ hours since last calories)

Concept

Eat between 12PM and 8PM (or whatever window you choose) with a Ketogenic Diet. Remember not to overeat fats as you want your body to burn stored fat as part of your Ketogenic process.

Once your body converts to Ketones for fuel over glucose your fasted workouts become entirely different. Your body is primed for burning stored fat for energy rather than drying up it's glucose reserves. So you never need to worry about getting "energy" before a workout, as you have all you need on your body.

Why it has worked for me?

Simply put, I don't feel I am lacking at all limiting my nutritional intake to a Ketogenic lifestyle. I still eat delicious foods, and this keeps my motivation strong.

Seeing the weight melt off has been amazing, this has been a huge motivator.

I feel amazing. I have much less ups/downs since my body doesn't rely on glucose. This helps maintain willpower, motivation, and consistency.

Conclusion

If you want real and sustainable results, look into these things. All three are great, but when implemented together they create a wonderful harmony.

I would be more than happy to expand upon my journey and thoughts, should you care to know. Feel free to ask any questions, hope I can help!

I do this as well.

I think IF has been the biggest thing in losing the last 10 lbs. I'm 5'7, 133 and am 50 years old.

I stop at 7 and don't eat again until 11 the next day. I strive for 100 g of protein a day and to stay under 1250 calories. I used myfitnesspal.

Very happy with this lifestyle. I also cheat a little on the weekends with IF but ALWAYS stay within my calorie allotment.