How long to 15% body fat?

I'm currently hovering around 20-22% body fat. I would like to get to 15%. Has anybody gone from 20 to 15%? How long did it take?

What was your exercises? I run primarily (half marathons; 1 marathon a year). I'm making sure to mix in strength training now. I'm thinking of doing Spartan or triathlons, because I think they would help me stay motivated to include strength training.

What was your diet like? Were you pretty stringent?

I'm currently hovering around 20-22% body fat. I would like to get to 15%. Has anybody gone from 20 to 15%? How long did it take?

What was your exercises? I run primarily (half marathons; 1 marathon a year). I'm making sure to mix in strength training now. I'm thinking of doing Spartan or triathlons, because I think they would help me stay motivated to include strength training.

What was your diet like? Were you pretty stringent?

I'm about 10%.

Shred your core. Seriously destroy it. It's the most important aspect of being strong and looking it.

It's all about diet at this point. Low fat/low carb/high protein. Don't eat out; I don't care how healthy you think it is. Eat breakfast and smaller meals through out the day. Carbs in the morning, none in the evening. Have at least one cheat day a week.

Hard to say how long. It really depends. You could do it in a week if you starved yourself. A healthy approach would be losing .5 to 1% a week. It all depends on your baseline fitness.

• 3 weeks later...

The real answer depends on your total weight. 20% of 200 lbs means you have 40 pounds of fat, compared with 20% of 100, you have only 20lbs. Obviously scenario one you have twice as much to lose.

I'm afraid it's not as linear as saying, "eat this and don't do that and you'll lose "X"% of bodyfat per week.

Everyone's body and metabolism is different and everyone has a certain bodyfat percentage where their body wants to be at.

Someone may cut out their daily Snickers bar and drop from 25% to 18% in a matter of weeks and not even really try that hard.

But for them to go from 18% to 15% or lower they may be spending hours in the gym and living on carrot sticks and rice cakes.