Part of my face has become more prominent in a bad way

I noticed it for at least 4 years and at first I thought it gave me a more masculine look. In the last year it has gotten more prominent and it's starting to to make my face look odd. I'm not sure what it's called. The only way I can describe it would follow where a a Fu Manchu moustache would if it went straight down from the corners of the mouth. That part of my face was mostly flat but now there's ridge runs where fu would be. It's like the part of my face has gotten thicker. It looks odd if you know what the what the cartoon droopy dogs is sorta like that. I airbrushed it out in one of my photos and my face looked a lot better.

I haven't gained any extra weight. I don't know if it's aging or what. Anyone know what these things are called? What are they caused by? Is there any besides plastic surgery to get rid of them?

There may be a simple procedure or injection that could help. Some plastic surgeons will do a free initial visit; it may be worth checking out just to see what your options would be. It may not be as bad as you think.

• Like 1

Have you been to see a GP about it? Getting a referral if they can't help you could save you time trying to identify the issue. then you could go on resolving it.

Could be weight gain. Some people gain fat in the face first which might not actually change your weight that much. And your weight could stay the same if you loose muscle, but gained fat.