Do you LAUGH when you are in pain?

RecentChange

I wasn't sure where to post this.... and I am wondering if anyone else experiences this!

When I hurt myself, bang an elbow, fall and blow out my LCL, cut a finger nearly off - I LAUGH!

I have the initial shock of pain, do some "ow ow ow" and then often get a fit of the giggles, which can turn into straight belly laughter. I can't really control it, often I will be trying to "be serious!" but yet I will still get the giggles.

And if I hurt myself doing something stupid? I will replay it in my head and laugh even harder.

Now what prompted me to think about this today? Oh, and "Only for Love Shack" story!!!

So last night, we are having sex, and he is just going at it - hard / fast, and then SLIPS :eek: and hits my anus.

I am not an "anal girl" - holy ****! The pain! Both of us cried out in pain, his dick felt broken, I felt broken (honestly I was checking for blood at that point and my eyes were crying). He didn't even get in at all, said it was like hitting a wall (hahahaha).

And then it started. The giggles, followed by uncontrollable belly laughter. So I am in pain, he looks terribly concerned because he saw the tears in my eyes, he feels horrible for hurting me, he's in pain - and now I can't stop laughing.

Just CANT STOP LAUGHING - it hurts! (hell its the next day and it still hurts!) but I couldn't stop the giggles. He again, looks concerned / and WTH? I tell him when I was a kid I severed my finger - and I laughed, sorry, its some weird pain reaction I have! (giggle giggle while holding my ass)

We eventually composed ourselves, decided we were in fact not broken, and continued on - but then I would think about it for a moment, and start laughing again!

Art_Critic

Not particularly... I do however laugh when my brother gets hurt.. not sure why.. :laugh:..

Growing up if he hit his head or whatever I always laughed and still do...

If I'm in in pain I just grimace and bear it and if it catches me off guard I will sometimes swear...

Weirdo. ;)

WTH RC, is his penis made of steel or sth? Seems like if he drove that thing into a brick wall it could be devastating for him but I'd think your bum's a little more resilient than that. (Hmm ....maybe that's why you're not a butt girl.)

Anyway sexual mishaps can be kinda funny, even somewhat painful ones, but no, I don't particularly laugh when/if I get punched in the face or if I crash the car. :p

• Author
RecentChange

Hahaha god I am still laughing about it.

Umm he gets very hard erections, and said it felt like the head of his penis split (both of us had to pause and self examine for injuries) - he said he is still sore today (as am I). Maybe this is why I am not a butt girl, I swear it's like a steel trap :p

But I laugh with other injuries. When I tore the ligament in my knee last year, I sat on the ground holding my ballooning knee and giggled. Get thrown from a horse? I'll do the ouch ouch thing for a moment - then laugh. Owwwweee hahaha

It's seriously an odd pain response I have.

When I googled it today, found a few accounts of people claiming the same response but not much info. There are tons of articles about how laughter raises pain tollerance and is a good way to manage pain (releases helpful chemicals) - maybe my body knows something my mind doesn't!

• Author
RecentChange
How do you react when you bump your head?

A slight pain like that, normal, ouch, cursing. It has to be a pretty significant injury to bring on the giggles.

Do you get angry at all? If I get hit in the head (I mean significant enough to actually hurt) I get unaccountably pissed for a minute or two. I think it's a biological fight-or-flight thing bc usually the body doesn't find it very amusing to have head injuries. (And I assume your instinct assumes you got it from an attacker, cave-man style.)

Def no giggles there lol.

• Author
RecentChange

Naw, I don't get mad, especially if it's self inflicted, I am more likely to think "you big dummy!"

I had a nasty horse wreck that landed me in the ICU for three days. First thought right when it happened? "Well that was stupid".

That one didn't bring on the giggles, but it was such a severe injury (pretty major head trauma, knocked out teeth etc) I was immediately in shock - I also do not recall any pain (due to the shock I am sure). I think I generally have a pretty high pain tollerance. Things I think were "just a bump" will turn into significant bruises, I have had hair line fractures without realizing.

I tend to say I am not in pain, but discomfort. But if it really hurt (oh my poor booty), then I tend to laugh.

Okay I am crazy :)

Well if there's a silver lining to all this it's that a steel-trap bumhole is generally very aesthetically pleasing. ;)

todreaminblue

when i have been in labor and fronted at the hospital they often would want to send me home....thinking i had ages to go....i wasnt showing any sign of pain...`ic ouldnt identify soemtimes the contractions i was feeling.....basically when they examined me they were shocked i was aready ten cm dilated

i often laugh when i get hurt..but it is more when i know the pain will end..when i worked out the more pain i felt i would giggle...and yes it helps you get through the pain barrier.....you dont focus as much on the pain......therefore the pain seems less.....

i have a high pain thresh hold anyway.....deb

• Author
RecentChange
Well if there's a silver lining to all this it's that a steel-trap bumhole is generally very aesthetically pleasing. ;)

Hahah he often says it is pretty ;) and I know he wants "it" but gees, again, joking last night, I was telling him, ya know, I thought perhaps I could relax enough to give that to you (haven't attempted in enons, and was with someone else), but now I really don't know about that!

Safe to say the sneak attack method would not work!