Hi,

I have included some pics.

I am wondering: am I the dreaded apple shape?

I am not an hour glass or a pear - but I still have a defined waist and am not straight up and down, either. I have 32DD and a "bubble but". I love the pear shape and hour glass shape - nothing is more attractive to me on a female than a TINY waist and large hips in comparison.

The pics I have u are of me in normal clothes - I USUALLY wear dresses that are tight at the waist and FLARE out - giving me a very curvy figure! OR, I wear peplum style tops that are TIGHT at the waist, and a skirt that flares way out.

Also - based on the pics - would I benefit from an expensive corset? as I really am obsessed with the curvy - small waisted look.....And lastly - how far am I off having a "small" waist? My friend has a TINY waist and is 6 foot - yet we are the same size in clothes and my waist obviously does not look "tiny"?

Thanks in advance.

I used to be all about being thin. These past few years I eat what I want, eat badly and do not exercise and have stopped caring about attaining a thin look - I Am all about curves now, I love the fact I have them and in fact, want MORE curves albeit in the right places! I find pilates to be the best exercise method; that and jogging. I am nor hard core into fitness and never will be.

• Author

also to add - I have noticed that when I gain weight, it goes to my butt and hips as much as it goes to my stomach.

I have to gain 10 plus lbs for my stomach to have ANY change in appearance... it starts in my hips and thighs and bottom and then my boobs THEN stomach.....

Yet I always assumed I was top heavy? Big boobs and big butt - thus heavy in the middle.

I also do not have thin limbs the way "apples" traditionally do - I have very curvy calves and non skinny arms, and just a big boobs and butt.

I feel like a corset (you can get simple to use mini ones at quality lingerie shops) could be the way forward for me!

Do you think a corset would have much of an impact for a medium weighted, average sized woman such as myself?

The thing is, I have a small ish rib cage (am an AUD size 10 or 32inch bra size) yet not a small waist.... and my mum had a tiny waist when she was younger and she is a small woman ( 5 ' 3) where as I am 5 foot 6.

Then my dad has a HUUUUUGE waist size and is an extreme apple. Mum was an hour glass.....

• Author
Honestly? I think you worry too much about your appearance. I think you are a pretty girl, with a nice body, and you are way too hard on yourself. You look great as you are. Just my 2 cents.

That is very sweet..... made my night lol. I have never had issues finding at least some men who want to date me/think I am attractive - yet I have had just as many nasty people who have told me that I would never find a guy because I was just not attractive due to my unusual nose shape :( I always liked having interesting features rather than cookie cutter though.

I really want to enhance my curves - as in, a small waist and larger hips.

What I usually wear is - very small sized tops that zip up all the way and suck my waist in and give me the illusion of a TINY waist - combined with a flared skirt - I look like a major hour glass then.

But it is am illusion - I want to find out if wearing a corset (lingerie shops sell ones that aren't too large and that are easy to just slip on) is the way to go for a gal like me who wants to exaggerate her hips and minimise the waist!

My bf already thinks I have curves and a small waist but he is not a viable information sauce. People who love us often think we are a lot better than what we are.... His fave celeb body type is Scarlett Johansson. I am deff not as hour glass as her!

But Scarlett is my celeb body ideal........

• Author

Yeah it actually costs a lot of money to lool that good.

When I was on a decent income, I afforded pilates and a deluxe gym membership. And great skincare. Sure, naturally stunning women exist. I am friends with two of them-- perfect facial features and tiny waists and perfect curves.

I think a lot of us women could be a solid 8/10 of we had the money! I sure looked a lot better when I could afford the daily healthy raw organic meals I ate daily at an expensive cafe, and did the daily pilates.

I once wanted to be slim. Now I am all about enhance my curves. I feep the most attractive when I wear flared skirts and tight tops that are peplum style.

Funny how your preferences change as you age!

Apparently there are corsets available that are not as hardcore and are therfore not as painful as the traditional ones. I am going to look into getting one.

I make corsets.

The corsets you find in lingerie shops and on ebay are be tubular and don't do anything for waist reduction. And even if they had a bit of shape, they aren't made to measure, they are very uncomfortable and and lack the engineering to provide reduction anyway.

If you want waist reduction, you'll want to start looking at custom made corsets. Or at least, good quality off the rack. The corsets I make for myself are purely for when I'm going out Goth or for bedroom wear. They have a 2" waist reduction and are surprisingly comfortable. They feel spectacular on the hips when you've laced them up! For what it's worth, I was wearing a corset down Oxford St a few weeks back and someone stopped me and commented on the waistline which she'd been admiring from a distance. They can make quite a difference!

If you're looking for a custom made corset, you'll find prices for an underbust start at about $300. You can find good off the rack corsets at Gallery Serpentine in Newtown.

I'm not sure about corsets as underwear because I wear mine as a feature item. But if you do wear them under clothes, you'll have to add layers between the corset and the outer item to smooth the lines of the corset.

Chinese corset sellers on eBay are known for stealing photos from couture corsetmakers. So if you see a photo you like, it's extremely unlikely that you'll be getting one of the same quality and fit.

Lastly, put shoes on first - corset second. You can't bend over to do up shoes if you've got a corset on!

We cross posted. If a corset is painful, then it's poorly made or isn't made to measure.

• Author

I rejected a few guys and a few of them were so butt hurt they proceeded to abuse me and my appearance.

None of them called me fat but they all sent me torrents of abuse. A common theme was " you may be slim but your face is hideous and honestly no guy is gunna wanna eff that"

So my body has actually never come under attack. It's my unusual features and nose.

One guy recruited his friends to all text to abuse me. They put my face up on a website and had hundreds of their friends bag me out and ask " wtf is wrong with her face... is she seriously deformed? I don't understand how women like her feel it's acceptable to turn down guys like my friend when he only went for her because he was bored "

:(

So trust me..... I actually like my imperfect nose now and havs grown to like my appearance in spite of the awful abuse I've copped for no good reason. I figure that some men are not mature enough to appreciate women who have a different look that is outside the cookie cutter girl next door button nose look. I have actually grown to Prefer my more European nose. I afforded a nose job 50 times over in my lifetime and am glad I decided against it.

The only thing I want to change about myself is creating the illusion of a smaller waist and bigger hips.

• Author
I make corsets.

The corsets you find in lingerie shops and on ebay are be tubular and don't do anything for waist reduction. And even if they had a bit of shape, they aren't made to measure, they are very uncomfortable and and lack the engineering to provide reduction anyway.

If you want waist reduction, you'll want to start looking at custom made corsets. Or at least, good quality off the rack. The corsets I make for myself are purely for when I'm going out Goth or for bedroom wear. They have a 2" waist reduction and are surprisingly comfortable. They feel spectacular on the hips when you've laced them up! For what it's worth, I was wearing a corset down Oxford St a few weeks back and someone stopped me and commented on the waistline which she'd been admiring from a distance. They can make quite a difference!

If you're looking for a custom made corset, you'll find prices for an underbust start at about $300. You can find good off the rack corsets at Gallery Serpentine in Newtown.

I'm not sure about corsets as underwear because I wear mine as a feature item. But if you do wear them under clothes, you'll have to add layers between the corset and the outer item to smooth the lines of the corset.

Chinese corset sellers on eBay are known for stealing photos from couture corsetmakers. So if you see a photo you like, it's extremely unlikely that you'll be getting one of the same quality and fit.

Lastly, put shoes on first - corset second. You can't bend over to do up shoes if you've got a corset on!

Pm me. I'd rather buy the real thing.

I only work part time but can save 300 within 2 months.

I want one that I can wear daily.

I already have a small rib cage but my hips are smallish ( size 8 to 10) and I already have curves so perhaps I don't need a really heavy duty corset?

What do you feel would benefit me based on my shape provided in my pics???

Will it have a permanant effect?

Sure, try a corset if you want to, just don't overdo it. I agree with enigma though, I don't think it will help your fixation on your appearance. Chances are you will find some other part of your appearance to fixate on after that... and then another, and another...

IMO a better long-term solution would be to put in the mental effort to learn to be happy with yourself while living a healthy lifestyle.

• Like 9
Pm me. I'd rather buy the real thing.

I only work part time but can save 300 within 2 months.

I want one that I can wear daily.

I already have a small rib cage but my hips are smallish ( size 8 to 10) and I already have curves so perhaps I don't need a really heavy duty corset?

What do you feel would benefit me based on my shape provided in my pics???

Will it have a permanant effect?

For sure, buying the real thing is the way to go.

Your photos have disappeared from the post, but if you have curves a corset will only enhance. You can also add a sneaky bit of padding over the hips to exaggerate the effect.

I don't know about waist training because I've only ever worn them for fun. However, there's a group on Facebook called Corset Lovers & Waist Training which would be worth following. They can probably answer more questions than I can. I've only been making them for about 18 months on a semi-amateur basis. :)

I would however hazard a guess that if you're seriously waist training, you'll need a few corsets. Even the best of them need resting and airing. They are like shoes in that if you wear the same pair every day, they will wear out more quickly. But the people over on that FB page will be able to tell you more than me

• Author

I am actually happy with the way I look for the most part. I have even grown to like my different, longer and more European nose! And I no longer want to be skinny - I am totally happy with my natural weight. Trust me, I like myself a lot more than in the past...

I am more looking for smaller changes! Such as investing in a quality corset so enhance my curves as opposed to being skinny, and little things like teeth whitening I will get into when I graduate and have the money.

I am more after small changes to enhance what I already have at this stage. I like being curvy and just want to enhance it. a 300 corset is doable where as a 10K nose job is not anytime soon plus I like my nose fine these days.

It has taken me years to come to terms with my non small nose - I am quite pleased that I have learnt to like my facial features.

I do not see much wrong with wanting to whiten the old teeth occasionally or enhance curves - it brings me great joy to wear cute dresses and I love wearing clothes - a simple daily occurrence that brings me much joy. The flared look the sucks in my middle makes me feel more feminine and I love how it makes me feel.

• Author
For sure, buying the real thing is the way to go.

Your photos have disappeared from the post, but if you have curves a corset will only enhance. You can also add a sneaky bit of padding over the hips to exaggerate the effect.

I don't know about waist training because I've only ever worn them for fun. However, there's a group on Facebook called Corset Lovers & Waist Training which would be worth following. They can probably answer more questions than I can. I've only been making them for about 18 months on a semi-amateur basis. :)

I would however hazard a guess that if you're seriously waist training, you'll need a few corsets. Even the best of them need resting and airing. They are like shoes in that if you wear the same pair every day, the

y will wear out more quickly. But the people over on that FB page will be able to tell you more than me

Look at my album. Pics are in there. I am big busted but hid them in the pics.

You will see I have curves and am fat from apple shape after all now that I think about it. But I am deff not an hour glass.

I MAKE myself look very hour glass - through Portmans or Cue structured peplum tops that are a 6 to an 8 size wise and do up and suck my in, and lets my DDs breath..... then couple that with a FLARED skirt - I look MAJORLY hour glass......

So I already make myself look a lot more hour glass than I naturally am without a corset.

• Author

No one answered my question...

How far away from an hourglass am I?

I am not an apple but not an hour glass either...

I am curvy from the side profile but am not sure if I an even consider myself curvy when faced front on.

Ah, I found your photos. I wouldn't change a thing if I was you - you've got a stunning figure and features. I'm glad you like your nose now - being able to rock it Asher Keddie and and Sarah Jessica Parker is an awesome thing. The things said to you by boys was just them being horrible. And frankly, Aspies seem to cop more of that bullying behaviour than most. Don't take it on board.

Dressing for your figure is all you need to do. I know how the DDs can make one look matronly if you don't show the curves.

That's not to say that you shouldn't dabble in corsets. But you don't *need* to. Frankly, with a AUS size 14 mum body, I'd kill for your natural figure.

I am not an apple but not an hour glass either...

I am curvy from the side profile but am not sure if I an even consider myself curvy when faced front on.

Tapemeasure.

If your waist is reasonably smaller than your bust and hips, you're an hourglass.

Now, we know that it's smaller than your bust - so it's just your hips you need to measure.

http://www.bodyshapecalculator.co.uk/trinny-and-susannahs-12-body-shapes

MidwestUSA
Tapemeasure.

If your waist is reasonably smaller than your bust and hips, you're an hourglass.

Now, we know that it's smaller than your bust - so it's just your hips you need to measure.

Body Shape Calculator ? Trinny and Susannah?s 12 Body Shapes

OMG! Love the names!

I'm a shorter version of a lollipop but with broader shoulders.

I think I'll go by Dum Dum. :lmao:

• Like 8
I am actually happy with the way I look for the most part. I have even grown to like my different, longer and more European nose! And I no longer want to be skinny - I am totally happy with my natural weight. Trust me, I like myself a lot more than in the past...

I am more looking for smaller changes! Such as investing in a quality corset so enhance my curves as opposed to being skinny, and little things like teeth whitening I will get into when I graduate and have the money.

I am more after small changes to enhance what I already have at this stage. I like being curvy and just want to enhance it. a 300 corset is doable where as a 10K nose job is not anytime soon plus I like my nose fine these days.

It has taken me years to come to terms with my non small nose - I am quite pleased that I have learnt to like my facial features.

I do not see much wrong with wanting to whiten the old teeth occasionally or enhance curves - it brings me great joy to wear cute dresses and I love wearing clothes - a simple daily occurrence that brings me much joy. The flared look the sucks in my middle makes me feel more feminine and I love how it makes me feel.

But surely you realize that there is a difference between wearing clothes that you enjoy, and fixating on your flaws the way you are doing?

"I love wearing corsets" - well, I don't personally see how anyone can, but if they do, good for them!

"I fear I might have an apple-shaped body and my bf says he thinks I look good but I think he's biased, can corsets offset my apple-shaped body??" repeated several times along with other self-criticisms -fixation, might be unhealthy.

• Like 3
  • Author
Ah, I found your photos. I wouldn't change a thing if I was you - you've got a stunning figure and features. I'm glad you like your nose now - being able to rock it Asher Keddie and and Sarah Jessica Parker is an awesome thing. The things said to you by boys was just them being horrible. And frankly, Aspies seem to cop more of that bullying behaviour than most. Don't take it on board.

Dressing for your figure is all you need to do. I know how the DDs can make one look matronly if you don't show the curves.

That's not to say that you shouldn't dabble in corsets. But you don't *need* to. Frankly, with a AUS size 14 mum body, I'd kill for your natural figure.

THANKS. That is so sweet.

My nose is not actually "big" - it is just very thin and narrow. I actually find Sara Jessica parker to be very unattractive, I DO like my nose and roman style noses to be attractive but only if the woman is very feminine to counter it....Like Sofia Copola - she is stunning and has a nose on her, but she has features that compliment is. Sara Jessica Parker just does not have that European look to go with her nose at all.... she has the American look with the big nose sadly. All that said - she was great in sex and the city and I love her character and I am sure she is a lovely person!

As for my figure - I am a lot curvier now than when I first came onto this website. I was a small 8, sometimes even a 6....I exercised daily with Pilates at home videos... I ate no sugar and was right into clean eating. Then I got a bf who still wasn't into my looks anyway and learnt that being thin didn't get my love.

Since then I just.. stopped caring. Ever since I became a healthy weight ( I went from 52 kilos which I was for yeaaaars.... to a healthy 60 kilos or 135 pounds) I just stopped caring about counting calories or watching what I ate. I ceased all exercise. I just didn't care anymore.

So now my body is at its set point - I eat what I want and do no exercise so my body is at its natural BMI of 22. I feel quite unhealthy at times though and would like to eat healthier so I feel well enough to get he most out of daily living. I am 5 kilos heavier than I am when I exercise regularly. Not hard exercise - just 3 times a week jog and toning twice a week and eating when hungry type deal.

My main thing is to enhance my curves honestly, and get healthier - weight loss is like....the last thing on my list! I Would take a smaller waist and bigger hips anyway over looking slimmer.

I am all about wanting to enhance what I have these days! I am actually liking my nose, and my curves and find the curvier I look the more feminine I feel! Where as years ago, I would dress in all Lorna Jane sports wear, and prefer tight trackpants to show my legs and singlets and tops that hid my top half.... it created a slender but apple shape. Yuck. I dunno what I was thinking!

I do not have a small waist and that is honestly the only thing I would want to change about myself. I do not even think I would change my nose which I have been hell bent on doing for ... like my entire life.

• Author
But surely you realize that there is a difference between wearing clothes that you enjoy, and fixating on your flaws the way you are doing?

"I love wearing corsets" - well, I don't personally see how anyone can, but if they do, good for them!

"I fear I might have an apple-shaped body and my bf says he thinks I look good but I think he's biased, can corsets offset my apple-shaped body??" repeated several times along with other self-criticisms -fixation, might be unhealthy.

I Have never worn a corset, but I am interested in trying one, albeit one that is custom made and hence not as uncomfortable as the pre made types.

The clothes I wear I love wearing - they are comfortable - I buy tops that zip at the front the entire way for easy entry, they zip up and the material is somewhat thick and hence holds my waist in a little, but it is totally comfortable!

I also highly doubt that people wear corsets for "comfort", LOL.

scorpiogirl

Why would you want to wear a corset every day?

Why do you compare yourself to friends constantly?

Why can you never mention anything about yourself, without mentioning how a man or some men have reacted to you. That's irrelevant.

Why do you put other people down constantly? Sarah Jessica Parker is unattractive.

You know what makes a lady attractive? Being kind. Thinking of others' feelings. Not being judgemental.

• Like 9
  • Author

Why can you never mention anything about yourself, without mentioning how a man or some men have reacted to you. That's irrelevant.

Why do you put other people down constantly? Sarah Jessica Parker is unattractive.

You know what makes a lady attractive? Being kind. Thinking of others' feelings. Not being judgemental.

I don't find her attractive? Doesn't make unkind. I hate the abuse she cops though, and I totally do not believe in making " ugly celebrity" lists - such websites outa be shut down; it is disguising.

I don't see how calling one woman unattractive makes me unkind. Plenty of people find you or myself unattractive - yet do not go about tormenting us about it - people who take issue with the fact they find us offensive looking are the real jerks.

Plus even though I find her unattractive - even I recognise that she has great hair and has positive and attractive attributes - a person is more than merely being attractive or not - obviously if I knew this celebrity personally, I would no doubt NOT find her to be unattractive since upon getting to know someone, often their personality and mannerisms and admirable qualities can make them appealing, physically.

I am talking purely from a perspective of physical preference - without knowing her personally - which would likely change my perception. And I still think she has some attractive attributes - for instance, great thick hair and she is slim.

I am personally a lot happier with my looks than I would be if I had hers. And yes, my friends ARE a LOT more attractive than me. What is wrong with acknowledging that? At least I am not delusional and know my place and own league!

Many men have been into me because they fe

• Author

And if the corset is custom made and comfortable enough then sure, I Would wear it daily! Although not at home.

I enjoy looking feminine and desirable - after having bad teeth and skin growing up and getting absolutely no male attention, I admit - I LOVE the fact I get it now, I enjoy looking nice. Not just to other people, but I am creative and the artistic type too, so I enjoy nice looking things - and looking nice just brings me joy, and it is so simple - as simply as wearing a flared skirt teamed with as fitted top. I will walk around with such confidence and really enjoy it.

If it was a traditional style corset that was extremely uncomfortable then no thanks! If I was at a wedding or super fancy event maybe but as a once off!

I do not even wear heels lol. It has to be a pretty fancy event for me to even consider wearing low heels and being in slight discomfort.

This is a very easy thing to figure out for yourself. An hourglass has chest and hips that are almost identical in size, when measured in inches/cm whatever. the size of the waist doesn't really come into it. There is not much you can do to permanently change the size of your waist if you are already your normal weight.

Good luck wearing a corset daily in Sydney's heat and humidity. A bit like getting around in a wetsuit in summer.

SNOOGLEWITHHIM

YOU are pretty the way you are. Any man that tells you no one will want you because of your face, has some insecurities himself. There is nothing wrong with your face or your body! You think too much. I too find myself worrying about my looks or body but I have no problems finding someone that finds me beautiful inside and out. Your guys are to shallow. Enjoy your body and love yourself and you will be loved. You are beautiful!

• Author
This is a very easy thing to figure out for yourself. An hourglass has chest and hips that are almost identical in size, when measured in inches/cm whatever. the size of the waist doesn't really come into it. There is not much you can do to permanently change the size of your waist if you are already your normal weight.

Good luck wearing a corset daily in Sydney's heat and humidity. A bit like getting around in a wetsuit in summer.

My chestand hips are the same.

But i am not a traditional looking hour glass still. I don't have the small waist.