NewLeaf512

Subject: Me

Proposed Finding: UK size 6

Study Length: 50 days

Method: 1 hour cardio, 1 hour weight training 6 days a week, riding my horse 3x a week, 1 rest day (Sunday)

Kcals: 1200 per day, 3L H2O, no alcohol

Food mix: P 40% V 40% C 20%

Day 1

How tall are you? UK size 6 is tiny, it's very close to US size 0! (for US posters here).

If you want to get that emaciated look, you are on the right track. Constant calorie deficit exacerbated by exercise. You will lose a lot of body tissue, why is that a good thing?

• Author
NewLeaf512
How tall are you? UK size 6 is tiny, it's very close to US size 0! (for US posters here).

If you want to get that emaciated look, you are on the right track. Constant calorie deficit exacerbated by exercise. You will lose a lot of body tissue, why is that a good thing?

I've been a UK 4 most of my life. I'm very small. So I'm actually going up a size from my usual. I think to say emaciated without seeing me is kind of off the mark. I am sensible sort so I will check myself as I lose a size to ensure I look healthy.

• Like 1

I did ask how tall you were. I'm assuming some kind of average height in the absence of further information since most people are average height.

Regardless, size 4-6 is tiny and you will lose a lot of body tissue on 1,200 calories. Not only fat but muscle too since it's impossible to gain when there is calorie deficit. You will just look like a very very small person.

• Author
NewLeaf512
I did ask how tall you were. I'm assuming some kind of average height in the absence of further information since most people are average height.

Regardless, size 4-6 is tiny and you will lose a lot of body tissue on 1,200 calories. Not only fat but muscle too since it's impossible to gain when there is calorie deficit. You will just look like a very very small person.

I'm not trying to gain. I'm trying to lose. I'm 157.5cm.

fitnessfan365

Taking in 1200 calories per day when you're that active is basically like starving yourself. Remember, a sedentary woman who gets no physical activity at all is supposed to take in 1200 calories just to maintain healthy body function. Getting that much activity and only taking in 1200 calories per day will do serious damage to your metabolism and set you up for potential injury as your body begins to breakdown.

Female BMR = 655 + ( 4.35 x weight in pounds ) + ( 4.7 x height in inches ) - ( 4.7 x age in years ).. Once you get the answer do the following :

1) Multiply by 1.725 since you'll be very active six days per week.

2) Subtract 700 calories from that final answer. This will tell you how many cals to take in to lose a pound and a half per week.

** Even with a calorie deficit, you'll see that it's WAY bigger than 1200 calories per day. The trap that many people fall into is not taking in enough calories to match how active they are. They think the secret to "weight loss" is by severely limiting calories. But the problem is that you body has to get energy from somewhere to function. So when you create too big of a calorie deficit, your body turns to muscle for energy. This results in muscle loss, and your body fat% increasing. So even though the scale may drop, you'll actually wind up looking worse. That's why you constantly have people wondering why they're getting no results when they lose so much weight on the scale. It's largely in part to that many people just don't eat enough to match their level of physical activity. As counter intuitive as it sounds you have to eat more than you think to lose.

Edited by fitnessfan365
  • Like 1
  • Author
NewLeaf512
How much did it increase by?

According to the formula 655 + 565.5 + 291.5 -216.2 = 1295.8

2228.7 -700 =1528

Increase 329 kcal from the 1200 I originally thought. Better than nothing!

fitnessfan365
Ate 1600, trained as stated down -2 lbs!

Cool! You could probably even get away with 1700 cals a day. Since you're going to be so active six days a week it'd probably be better IMO.

You can actually experiment the first month by adding on 100 cals a week weighing yourself once a week. If you keep losing 1-2lbs per week, it's fine. The secret for long term success is finding the highest amount of cals you can get away with that lets you drop at least 1lb p/wk.

• Author
NewLeaf512
Cool! You could probably even get away with 1700 cals a day. Since you're going to be so active six days a week it'd probably be better IMO.

You can actually experiment the first month by adding on 100 cals a week weighing yourself once a week. If you keep losing 1-2lbs per week, it's fine. The secret for long term success is finding the highest amount of cals you can get away with that lets you drop at least 1lb p/wk.

I cAn try. Rest day today! It's hard for me to stay off the scales!

Week 1 -6 lbs

• Like 1
fitnessfan365

If you dropped six pounds in one week, you should increase you calorie intake. A good healthy goal is 1-2lbs per week max. When you drop too much weight it can be a sign that you're losing muscle because fat comes off at a much slower rate.

With how much you're working out, you have to make sure that you're eating enough to match up. So I'd up it another few hundred calories per day for now and watch until you get to where you're dropping 1-2lbs per week consistently.

• Author
NewLeaf512
If you dropped six pounds in one week, you should increase you calorie intake. A good healthy goal is 1-2lbs per week max. When you drop too much weight it can be a sign that you're losing muscle because fat comes off at a much slower rate.

With how much you're working out, you have to make sure that you're eating enough to match up. So I'd up it another few hundred calories per day for now and watch until you get to where you're dropping 1-2lbs per week consistently.

I'm a woman. The thought of losing-1 lb per week is soul destroying! The least I could live with and not feel like it's pointless is -3.

Just don't buy this. Sorry, but my calorie intake per day is somewhere in the region of about 1,000 cals. I have the problem of putting muscle on too easily and getting bulky legs. I'm far from emaciated. I walk 18kms per day, do a 200m sprint up stairs and an hour of yoga a day. I'm a UK size 6 and about the same height as the OP.

From personal experience i just don't buy the calorie deficit argument. It's not worked out that way in my life. I've lost a good amount of body fat and put on a decent amount of muscle eating and exercising this way for over 15yrs now.

Like most things 'scientific' it's all true and fact until someone does some further research and finds out it was all bs. Science has been over-turning it's own findings since the beginning of science. But the truly bizarre thing is that people still blindly worship at the altar of science like it's the font of all knowledge. The only thing science has really 'proven' is that it can't be trusted.

Edited by Buddhist
I walk 18kms per day,

I walked 30 miles the other day, and now I can't walk any more. If I can get to my feet without screaming in pain, locomotion could best be described as an awkward, unbalanced shuffle. If I walk 18 kilometres more in my lifetime, it will be a miracle.

• Like 1
  • Author
NewLeaf512
I walked 30 miles the other day, and now I can't walk any more. If I can get to my feet without screaming in pain, locomotion could best be described as an awkward, unbalanced shuffle. If I walk 18 kilometres more in my lifetime, it will be a miracle.

I live in London. We walk everywhere

Just don't buy this. Sorry, but my calorie intake per day is somewhere in the region of about 1,000 cals. I have the problem of putting muscle on too easily and getting bulky legs. I'm far from emaciated. I walk 18kms per day, do a 200m sprint up stairs and an hour of yoga a day. I'm a UK size 6 and about the same height as the OP.

From personal experience i just don't buy the calorie deficit argument. It's not worked out that way in my life. I've lost a good amount of body fat and put on a decent amount of muscle eating and exercising this way for over 15yrs now.

Like most things 'scientific' it's all true and fact until someone does some further research and finds out it was all bs. Science has been over-turning it's own findings since the beginning of science. But the truly bizarre thing is that people still blindly worship at the altar of science like it's the font of all knowledge. The only thing science has really 'proven' is that it can't be trusted.

You don't believe it because the bolded part is untrue. A lot of people aren't honest to themselves about how much they eat, especially when it's done continuously all day.