I'm going through a terrible phase! I get hungry, like REALLY hungry, stomach rumbling and everything, but I don't want to eat...

What I mean is, usually when you're hungry, you fantasise about what you'd like to have and tend to inhale the food that you end up deciding on...

But right now, whenever I get hungry, I can't think of anything I want to eat, and whatever I do end up eating, I don't want to eat it after the 2nd or 3rd bite... I try to force myself to eat a bit more, but it's pointless... So I'm still hungry, because I didn't eat enough... and the cycle continues...

I mean... it's better than those phases where you literally eat any and everything in sight... but I prefer the ones when you're not really that hungry at all...

Being really hungry and not wanting to eat is a NIGHTMARE! I love food! I want to enjoy it!!! I am writing this with a tasty burger and fries getting cold next to me, as I had maybe half the burger and a couple of fries before I got bored of it. I'm still SUPER hungry as well....

ARGHHHHH

That actually sounds a little troubling ASG. Are you a healthy weight (consistently)?

• Author
That actually sounds a little troubling ASG. Are you a healthy weight (consistently)?

Yeah, I'm between 135-140 lbs, for my 5'2" height. So I could lose some weight, but I'm only just skirting the line on the average/overweight scale. Weight has been like this for about 10 years. Pretty consistent.

It's more annoying than anything else... I love my food... I think it might be stress related... This was a tough week, both at work and emotionally.

whichwayisup

So this has only been going on for about a week or so? Have you experienced this before?

Eat smaller meals more often maybe that will help. I do this a few times a month, certain days throughout my cycle I just can't eat much, 1 day of ovulation everything smells and tastes funky then when I get my P too don't have much of an appetite.

If this keeps happening please go see your Dr.

Yeah, I'm between 135-140 lbs, for my 5'2" height. So I could lose some weight, but I'm only just skirting the line on the average/overweight scale. Weight has been like this for about 10 years. Pretty consistent.

It's more annoying than anything else... I love my food... I think it might be stress related... This was a tough week, both at work and emotionally.

Well ((cuddles)) then.

I've had stress-related loss of appetite in the past but I was always able to eat anyway - joylessly and maybe even a little sickeningly - at least enough to get by. If you're literally unable to that sounds a little worrying, but at least you're not suffering for it weight-wise. Maybe a question for your doctor?

• Author
So this has only been going on for about a week or so? Have you experienced this before?

Eat smaller meals more often maybe that will help. I do this a few times a month, certain days throughout my cycle I just can't eat much, 1 day of ovulation everything smells and tastes funky then when I get my P too don't have much of an appetite.

If this keeps happening please go see your Dr.

Yeah, it's only been a few days... maybe a week? I'm trying to eat small but regular, but that hasn't been possible due to work the past few days. Today is a day off, so I'm basically snacking on the take away I ordered earlier...

Well ((cuddles)) then.

I've had stress-related loss of appetite in the past but I was always able to eat anyway - joylessly and maybe even a little sickeningly - at least enough to get by. If you're literally unable to that sounds a little worrying, but at least you're not suffering for it weight-wise. Maybe a question for your doctor?

Aww thank you!

I mean... I *can* eat... I just don't want to! Everything feels like eating cardboard, if you know what I mean... So yeah, it's joyless and sickening... And I just can't do it for too long. Or I feel full/sick, but then obviously half an hour later my stomach is rumbling again, because I wasn't actually properly full.

Well, I hope this "diet" helps me lose a couple of pounds! I certainly put some on over winter, that could do with going away now! LOL Nothing too extreme, though!

ASG, Please take this in a inquisitive way and not rude...How has your "regularity" been for the intestinal release?

My GI doc found that when I had this quandry, we first checked my intestines and worked out some cleansing routines.

My tastebuds were saying one thing and my GI tract was re-acting physically to the misfire so to speak.

Just as you described, the "urge" or desire to eat was there, but my physical body was saying Hey! We got a problem down here so we are denying anymore foods til it gets resolved.

I had to literally modify and go to bland foods and clear liquids, About four times a day ...Then on day three of four ....things started to improve....it wasn't an instant result....Just a thought ...as I know where you are coming from....

• Author
ASG, Please take this in a inquisitive way and not rude...How has your "regularity" been for the intestinal release?

My GI doc found that when I had this quandry, we first checked my intestines and worked out some cleansing routines.

My tastebuds were saying one thing and my GI tract was re-acting physically to the misfire so to speak.

Just as you described, the "urge" or desire to eat was there, but my physical body was saying Hey! We got a problem down here so we are denying anymore foods til it gets resolved.

I had to literally modify and go to bland foods and clear liquids, About four times a day ...Then on day three of four ....things started to improve....it wasn't an instant result....Just a thought ...as I know where you are coming from....

Thanks for your input!

I *think* I've been ok... Haven't been paying too much attention to my regularity, but I think it's been daily or close..

I honestly think this is stress related and will get better once I go on holiday next week!

I'm mostly just venting, because it's annoying. And it's stressing me out! LOL which probably doesn't help either...

I always say that I don't understand people who don't like to eat, but this is exactly what that feels like. Except I LOVE to eat and LOVE food and the fact that I'm not enjoying it at all is upsetting me!

Well, I hope this "diet" helps me lose a couple of pounds! I certainly put some on over winter, that could do with going away now! LOL Nothing too extreme, though!

Don't stress it, some of us like a little meat on the bone.;)

Have you been working thru the work/emotional stress? Ideally w/a friend as a sounding board?

You might have some kind of nutritional deficiency.

Talk to a nutritionist.

Take care.

Hello ASG

4 pints, then a large Doner. Preferably from one of those emporiums that has little flags from all over the world displayed outside it.

But maybe see the Doctor just in case.

• Like 1
  • Author
Don't stress it, some of us like a little meat on the bone.;)

Have you been working thru the work/emotional stress? Ideally w/a friend as a sounding board?

Haha so do I, but I also enjoy being able to wear my clothes and they were getting a bit tight! Even burst a button on some trousers a few weeks ago! That's definitely a sigh to lay off the chips! But I'm not really worrying about it

The work stress is basically over now. I'm off work, so there is no stress! But the last couple of weeks were fairly stressful, with loads of travelling and being generally busy and really tired.

The emotional... yeah, I've been talking to a friend about it. We'll see. hopefully my holiday will sort me out as well!

You might have some kind of nutritional deficiency.

Talk to a nutritionist.

Take care.

Oh I'm sure I have plenty, in my carb heavy diet.

Hello ASG

4 pints, then a large Doner. Preferably from one of those emporiums that has little flags from all over the world displayed outside it.

But maybe see the Doctor just in case.

Yeap, tried that. Well, the beers. And today ordered a cheese burger and chips, as the hangover breakfast/lunch of champions. And the damn food didn't fill me with the joy it usually does. It's so sad...

Well, if it persists, I will. My step dad is a doctor and I'm going home next week, so if a few days and my mom's cooking don't get me out of this funk, I shall definitely be having a chat to him about it!

• Author
That was my first symptom of pregnancy.

Just sayin'

Oh god, don't even joke about it! LOL I'm pretty sure it's not that! not impossible, but very improbable.

• Like 1
Oh god, don't even joke about it! LOL I'm pretty sure it's not that! not impossible, but very improbable.

That scared me and I'm not even ASG. ;)

• Like 2
HopeForTomorrow

My suggestion would be to cut back on carbs. Depending on what/how many carbs you eat you could be spiking your blood glucose, resulting in sharp insulin concentration increases which then crashes your blood glucose level = hunger feelings and nausea.

Could also be something psychological (versus physiological) but I would put my money on the above.

Do you eat a lot of carbs?

I've had this happen to me and it's always been due to stress, so the good news is that it usually passes! In the meantime, eat whatever you can stomach. My go to meal turned out to be a Caesar salad with very light dressing. It was light enough that I could usually force it down. It sometimes helped me to have a glass of wine or a beer to help me relax, and then I found I could eat.

• Like 1
  • Author

Posted something on FB and someone else said the same thing about being pregnant!! Not funny anymore... feeling the urge to just go buy a test and be done with it, but at the same time I don't think it is possible.

I'm on the pill. I take fairly accurately. I had a period last week... but it was a much lighter period than usual, though that doesn't necessarily mean much. It was not just spotting.

But still feeling hungry with no real apetite...

• Author

To add to my freak out, I was reading about pregnant people who lost their appetite in early pregnancy and there was also something about a change in urine smell... well... mine has definitely been stronger smelling the past few weeks... So now I'm actually freaking out (though still reasonably confident I'm not pregnant).

LOL ....just do the test ASG. The pregnancy-worry stress won't help your appetite at all. :)

• Author

I did and can happily say I am NOT pregnant! So all is good, can stop worrying about it and carry on not really eating... (though seriously, this needs to stop now! LOL)

• Like 2