Trying to lose weight before the summer

Before all, I'm 6' and 188 lbs

Technically this not fat, possibly slightly overweight and I'm wondering how I can lose at least 10 and preferably 15 pounds before the summer and my vacation.

I'll be on a vacation in a city with a beach, several beaches actually and obviously will not be wearing like in winter except for cooler evening. There will be tons of pretty ladies and obviously I want to be noticed.

I never work out, but I walk a lot when I can and when the weather allows me to do so.

About my eating habits, yes, I don't eat enough salades and vegetables. I enjoy my French fries with a steak, fajitas, the occasional cheeseburgers and all those obviously don't help when trying to lose some pounds.

Do I need to change my eating habits, and go for walks more often. Maybe the swimming pool too?

I'm not sure, losing weight is hard for everyone and there's usually never ''miracle'' remedy.

Edited by Shanex
RecentChange

Download an app like "my fitness pal" or "lose it", put in your goals.

Log EVERYTHING you eat.

Stick to the daily calorie limit. Avoid sugar, processed carbs, and "junk food". Do eat lots of protien and filling fruits and vegis.

Get active - keep walking, add some stairs if you can, or start jogging. " couch to 5k" is a good easy programs to get you moving.

Others can chime in with weight exercises if you need to add muscle (which will burn more calories)

Comes down to calories in, calories out. You need to burn more than you eat to lose weight.

• Like 1
fitnessfan365

Walking alone won't get you a "beach body".

If you're not into the idea of weight training, I'd recommend doing body weight exercises like push-ups, pull-ups, dips, lunges, squats, planks, etc 3x per week. Strength training and the right calorie count/nutrition are definitely your best friends when it comes to reshaping your body. Also, start doing some interval training with your cardio workouts. Instead of walking the entire time, switch off between running and walking. Then as you get in better shape, start throwing in a few sprints, etc.. By pushing yourself harder, you'll continue to drop body fat which matters more than weight on the scale. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Author

I'll definitely try all that this spring. Losing 10/15 pounds is doable before the summer I think. Beach body ah, maybe not but as every men I'd like to be more in shape and be noticed during a summer vacation.

Aside from that I'll avoid any junk food for two months. Possibly avoid alcohol too (also fueled in calories)

Ill start the exercise suggested asap, and let you know if I'm effectively losing some weight!

Thanks guys!