stimul8 preworkout review [not spam]

Summer is right around the corner and I'm desperately trying to get back in shape. I've taken almost every pre-workout imaginable and none really phase me (except the original Jack3d)...well I went into GNC today and picked up Stimul8 by Finaflex. All I can say is wow, that's the best workout I've had in a long time. Crazy focus from this product. Just throwing it out there incase anyone is looking at a good pre-workout. Time to get ripped;)

I am in no way connected to this company btw...just giving a review

Nothing legal will ever come near ephedrine+ caffeine. I am going to guess the "kick" you are getting from Stimul8 is caffeine.

Just looked it up, yep lots of caffeine. Really expensive price to pay for....caffeine. I am not sure how much caffeine per serving, but it's the second highest listed ingredient and each serving is 2600+mg of their...matrix. The third highest listed ingredient is green tea....caffeine.

Jack3D, when it worked, use to contain 1,3-dimethylamylamine and....caffeine of course. 1,3-dimethylamylamine was kinda a replacement for ephedrine. Kinda worked but no where near as well.

You can still get ephedrine legally in most US states, although it's a controlled substance so you're limited for how much you can purchase per month. For trying to lose weight, the amounts you can get is easily enough even if you never cycle off.

Edited by Imported

I'm female and I used to use Jack3d and it made my entire body feel OD pin-prickly.

I recently purchased "women's" pre-workout, Athena Intense, by Unico Nutrition. It's supposedly all natural and "healthy" in terms of pre-workouts. I use two scoops since one does absolutely nothing for me.

Not sure what's in it that affects me, but I get mild face prickles, which is what I go for before working out.

Ingredients:

Citrulline Malate

L-Leucine

CarnoSyn Beta-Alanine

Betaine

L-Isoleucine

L-Valine

L-Tyrosine

Taurine

N-Acetyl L-Cysteine

Beta vulgaris L.

Caffeine

BioPerine

Huperzine A

thefooloftheyear

Yeah...the orig Jack3D did work...But even that stuff started to lose its effectiveness after a while..My body started to develop a resistance and required more and more to get the effect...I gave up on it even before it got banned...

Since then tried a few others with mixed results...I'm done...If I cant motivate myself to hit it hard without a crutch, then I aint shyt...Simple as that...

TFY

Actually the serving size is 3837mg. The second and third listed ingredient is caffeine. They don't exactly say how much caffeine you are actually taking, probably because you are well over what is recommended as safe and if they actually told you what you're taking, you'd say..."well, I'd have to be stupid to do that'.

200mg over 4 to 5 hours is what I limit myself to. I am going to bet, you are WELL OVER 200mg worth of caffeine per serving with this thing and it's pretty ****ed up they don't exactly tell you how much you are taking.

Personally, I would not touch this ****. It is not a magical formula. It's an overdose of caffeine. I take a lot of stuff and got no problems with it, but I would not take an unknown high dosage of a stimulant like caffeine.

Now, ephedrine + 200mg of caffeine is not just a "pre-workout", it's also a very effective appetite suppressant.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
I'm female and I used to use Jack3d and it made my entire body feel OD pin-prickly.

I recently purchased "women's" pre-workout, Athena Intense, by Unico Nutrition. It's supposedly all natural and "healthy" in terms of pre-workouts. I use two scoops since one does absolutely nothing for me.

Not sure what's in it that affects me, but I get mild face prickles, which is what I go for before working out.

Ingredients:

Citrulline Malate

L-Leucine

CarnoSyn Beta-Alanine

Betaine

L-Isoleucine

L-Valine

L-Tyrosine

Taurine

N-Acetyl L-Cysteine

Beta vulgaris L.

Caffeine

BioPerine

Huperzine A

beta alanine causes that

many people are very sensitive to stimulants. Even people that could tolerate them, had problems using ephedra and caffeine pre workout.

when this stack was legal, I always used to tell my customers, do not treat these fat burners as a pre workout. Back then, we really didnt have "pre workout" we did sell ultimate orange though.

anyway, I would tell them, start off with half the dose, do not take them after 3 pm, and do not take them right before your workout bc your heart will be working very hard. My customers thanked me over and over.

• Like 1
many people are very sensitive to stimulants. Even people that could tolerate them, had problems using ephedra and caffeine pre workout.

when this stack was legal, I always used to tell my customers, do not treat these fat burners as a pre workout. Back then, we really didnt have "pre workout" we did sell ultimate orange though.

anyway, I would tell them, start off with half the dose, do not take them after 3 pm, and do not take them right before your workout bc your heart will be working very hard. My customers thanked me over and over.

Still legal to buy, just not as anything for fitness....so it does have other crap in it. And it's a controlled substance, which just means they have to account for how much you can get per month. In the state I am currently staying in, you can get 9g a month which is more than enough to take 25mg a day x3.

fitnessfan365

The one thing supplement companies depend on is the placebo effect. Since you think you'll get benefit from it, you're more dialed in mentally. It's like in the movie Space Jam where Bugs fills a bottle with water and calls it the "Secret Stuff". All of a sudden all the characters are pumped after drinking it even though it's just water.

My pre-work of choice is iced black coffee. The caffeine dials in my focus and curbs hunger well since I train in a fasted state.

I don't know if you ever tried ephedrine, but it absolutely works. Nothing placebo about it. It's the base ingredient for meth and although I never tried meth, pretty sure the people that do aren't just experiencing a placebo effect because of what they think they should feel from the drug. But yes, the majority of crap you can buy does nada. However, I have no doubt if you take 1000+ mg of caffeine (which is probably what you'd be doing with stimul8), you will feel a huge kick. However, I would recommend against taking 1000+ mg of caffeine.

Edited by Imported