Gained 15 pounds in 1 month

I have no idea whats going on but I have gained 15 pounds in about 1 month, what could I be doing to cause this? I still eat the same. All of a sudden I went from 120 to 135!!!! What should I do?

It's a gland that controls your metabolism. If you're eating regularly and putting on that much weight that quickly, you should get checked out.

If you had become excessively thirsty as well or started visiting the potty that much more often, those could be signs of diabetes.

Antibiotics can make you retain fluid. If you're going to the bathroom less, I suspect it's this. Go get some fiber capsules and drink 10 glasses of water a day.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by moimeme

If you had become excessively thirsty as well or started visiting the potty that much more often, those could be signs of diabetes.

this happened to me, and it was diabetes, after all. i was passing out too, and i don't pass out usually.

go get looked at, it's not something to be messed with, if it is that!

good luck, hun.

• Author

No I am definitely not pregnant but I am still worried. I will go to the doctor soon though.

Is it visible gain or just according to the scale? Might be possible you got an inaccurate reading for this weight or your previous "120" .

Just trying to be optimistic :D

sorry... they could contribute to the increase of your appetite. But since you say you've been eating normally.... don't know what to say.

Did you stop exercising? Did you change any of your old routines ?

I hope it isn't anything serious, my friend.

• Author
Originally posted by CurlyIam

sorry... they could contribute to the increase of your appetite. But since you say you've been eating normally.... don't know what to say.

Did you stop exercising? Did you change any of your old routines ?

I hope it isn't anything serious, my friend.

It is visible gain. It does not look super obvious but I can tell when I gain weight and when I weigh myself as well.

Whatever it is I am going to the doctor if it keeps going up.

Thanks for worrying Curly :)

• Author

Well I was going for a while but I stopped for health reasons bow I go once in a while to the YMCA.

Naive when are you going to the Docs?

Possible that this is a stress related issue? A lot of new things have been going on in your life as of late...

• Author
Originally posted by Merin

Naive when are you going to the Docs?

Possible that this is a stress related issue? A lot of new things have been going on in your life as of late...

That's exactly what my sister is telling me!!! I am waiting for my health benefits to be active to go. That should be within 2 weeks from now.

Originally posted by ~Naive~

That's exactly what my sister is telling me!!! I am waiting for my health benefits to be active to go. That should be within 2 weeks from now.

Well until then sister.. do try to eat right and get plenty of rest okay ;)

Breath in, Breath out.. let some of the things go that you cannot change anyway.

• Author
Originally posted by Merin

Well until then sister.. do try to eat right and get plenty of rest okay ;)

Breath in, Breath out.. let some of the things go that you cannot change anyway.

Thanks so much Merin ;):love:

Originally posted by ~Naive~

Thanks so much Merin ;):love:

:love: to ya girl.. keep us posted.