On January 9th and February 8th I got my period but this month of March, its the 8th and still no period. I have been under a lot of stress and wonder maybe thats why it is late? What if it doesn't show up?

HopeForTomorrow
On January 9th and February 8th I got my period but this month of March, its the 8th and still no period. I have been under a lot of stress and wonder maybe thats why it is late? What if it doesn't show up?

Even if your period was like clockwork, which it isn't because lots of things can delay it for whatever reason - there were 30 days between January 9th and February 8th. Because February was a short month (even with Leap Year), you are still a couple of days short of being "late" or even "on time".

My advice is to count days between your period instead of particular dates on a monthly calendar. Good luck.

whichwayisup

Don't forget that February is a shorter month (though one day longer this year) so that could affect the timing of your period. You say you're stressed so that too, can affect it.

Is there a chance you're pregnant? Are you on birth control, using a condom?

Do you have any PMS?

Try not to worry too much..

You'd be due on March 7th. I'm assuming that it's only March 8 where you are, so it's far too early to worry.

If your period is a 3-4 days late and you're sexually active, take a pregnancy test. You can't decide what you'd do about a late period until you know the cause.

If you have a 30-day cycle (based on the dates provided for your last two periods), you would be due today. So you aren't late yet. Even if you were, remember that unlike a Swiss train, women's bodies aren't exact to the minute. Being a day or two off happens occasionally.

How old are you? Are you underweight? When did you have your first period? Have they been regular monthly? Why are you so concerned that it's a day off? What else is going on?

• Author

I am almost in 30s. And just a lot of stress has been going on with me, I am put under a lot of worry about everyday life problems. Yes they have been regular periods and always came on the same day if not off by one or two days. Again I know my period will come sooner or later hopefully.

If this is the case, what was the concern that prompted you to start the thread?

If you're 30ish, you've had periods for a majority of your life. What was so different this month?:confused:

• Like 1