Has anyone ever tried: The Military Diet?

DatingDirection

Today is Day 1 for me on this diet. I need a kick start again. I have lost between 28-32 lbs so far, from cutting out junk, and carbs (the bad one's), and I exercise every day. I fell off the diet part in Dec, and I haven't lost anything since. So I am hoping the Military diet will help me reset my body, and loose weight.

I also need to plan for after the 3 days of the Military Diet. I'm wondering if anyone has tried it, and what were your results?

Thank you.

• Like 1

It doesn't work unless you plan on joining your local boot camp.

• Like 1

If you hinge your success on retarded fad diets (like this one) instead of making your calorie intake and food selection optimal over the long term, you may as well give up.

Have 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream but only a small piece of meat? Cool, except most ice cream unless made yourself is filled with crap; glucose, sugar, poor-quality dairy.

Edited by lchf
  • Like 1

Is this the diet where you stand at attention nut to butt in line at a galley waiting to go through the serving station and then get food prepared by a few military cooks and a bunch of ex-cons/work release kitchen people and then have 5 minutes to eat it all?

• Like 2
GorillaTheater
Is this the diet where you stand at attention nut to butt in line at a galley waiting to go through the serving station and then get food prepared by a few military cooks and a bunch of ex-cons/work release kitchen people and then have 5 minutes to eat it all?

And breaded "veal" cutlets every other day, from what I remember.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Madame_Noire

My colleague did it for a week and announced that she lost 2lb and then gave up for a week. I think if you have to announce you have lost a minute amount of weight rather than other people noticing first then it is not as effective as you think. She couldn't stick to it because she always says she needs alcohol every night after work. She is always on a fad diet and feels the need to announce it as soon as she comes into work on a Monday. No doubt I will be hearing an announcement on Monday.....

It is best to do a permanent lifestyle 'diet.' Besides, I hate the term 'on a diet' because it sounds restrictive as though you are starving yourself. When you come off this diet, you will only put on the weight again and then some because there is no way you will be able to eat like this for the rest of your life. What exercises will you be doing while on this diet?

These diets are supposed to kick start you into exercising and eating healthily for the foreseeable future. However, it only says this in the small print. And do not get me started on the Juice Plus fad!

These gimmicky diets sound substantial at all in the long run.

Edited by Madame_Noire
  • Like 1
fitnessfan365

What I tell all my clients is find a way to find healthy alternatives to your favorite foods.

Love spaghetti and meatballs? Use whole wheat spaghetti and lean ground turkey meatballs. Love mashed potatoes? Make mashed cauliflower (when prepared properly it tastes almost the same). You can also make a cauliflower pizza crust too. Love tacos? Get extra lean ground beef (96/4), whole wheat shells, and some fresh veggies/low fast cheese. Have a sweet tooth? Homemade smoothies with strawberries/blueberries, honey, and natural peanut butter combined with whey protein taste like a dessert. Also Lindt 85% extra dark chocolate (while slightly bitter) is actually very good and healthy with tons of anti-oxidants. A few squares a day is a low calorie way to curb sweet cravings. By making that mental connection of something you actually enjoy with healthy eating, it's a lot easier to maintain healthy lifestyle choices.

Then it simply becomes about the right amount of cals. But after a month or so of memorizing nutrition labels and portion sizes, it becomes like second nature.

• Like 2