Hi,

I am currently 15 years old and roughly 5' 9, maybe even 5'10, and weigh 131 pounds. I have a very fast metabolism so I basically don't gain any weight by eating. I can eat whatever I want and it really doesn't affect me at all.

Anyways, I want to gain some weight. I look fine now, maybe a little on the slim side, but I want to buffen up a little, however it is difficult for me b/c of my metabolism, so does anyone have any adivce?

i also work out 2-3 times a week: basketball, swimming ,and lifting

thanks!

go to GNC and the sales folks should be able to hook you up....they usually know what they are talking about too.

Ask your doctor. He may be able to give you some over-the-counter solutions that will help you bulk up your body mass.

I wouldnt advise you to take supplements without a proper workout program.

First of all, you're a very healthy young man, its a good thing you play sports so often, and i dont see anything wrong iwth that. But since you mention that you arent getting big, i will tell you why.

here's your problem...

cardio sports such as you listed are not considered workout, yes its exercise you might say. It would be very beneficial for someone trying to burn calories, stay fit, or lose weight to play sports such as those.

First of all you're tryign to gain weight and you're burning more calories than you eat during your sports...not good.

you're 15 and still going through puberty, and body is still growing, your hiehgt and weight for that age is actually very normal and good.

But since you'll probably ignore what i said, ill give you the advice you seek.

The only natural way of gaining weight/getting big is to eat more calories than you burn in a day.

BUT If you want to gain muscle mass instead of just fat, then you must hit the gym...yes a real gym with real weights and machines.

lastly, my last piece of advice is, you're kid and you should be out having fun, not wasting your precious time in a gym....

I go to a gym weekly, and the people there are mostly of their 20's and Older.

I agree 100% with everything Monkey said.... cept' for being to young. 15? You're probably a freshman in highschool.... that's about the time I started lifting.. getting in shape for highschool sports and stuff. Not to mention ... girls. 15 is fair age to start training... and at 5'10, it sounds like you had a major growth spurt... sounds pretty tall to me for 15. Then again, maybe I'm short... cause I'm 5'9... 31 years old. :laugh: