Your nutrition and fitness goals for 2016?

sportygirl89

I want to lose about 20 lbs.

Next few weeks I am cutting out carbs and extra sugars (except in fruit).

Need to go back into meal prepping.

Adding 20-30 minutes cardio at least 3x a week.

none....:) it feels so good to not need to have a 2016 fitness goal. i'm happy w/my body, foods and routine. ok... maybe work out less? 7 days is overkill... maybe cut back to 6?

• Like 1

Maintain my weight for another year as I have done for the past three almost four after losing to reach my goal weight. I can say with confidence and satisfaction that I am one of the supposed 30% who does NOT need to be concerned with weight loss.

Keep visiting the gym as I have done in the past year except maybe more often as I feel better when I go.

• Like 1
Snakechammah

To keep my JenSelter-EmilySkye-YanetGarcia motivation going... :bunny:

Been buttxercising and absculpting since August. So happy with the results! Hope to continue growing my butt and flattening the damn tummy in 2016.

I'm also addicted to vanilla hydrolysed whey protein - it's sooo heavenly!

• Like 1
  • Author
sportygirl89
To keep my JenSelter-EmilySkye-YanetGarcia motivation going... :bunny:

Been buttxercising and absculpting since August. So happy with the results! Hope to continue growing my butt and flattening the damn tummy in 2016.

I'm also addicted to vanilla hydrolysed whey protein - it's sooo heavenly!

Squatting will help with buttexercising, plus if you do front or back squats you will get toned.

• Author
sportygirl89
Improving my overhead shoulder mobility so that I can start doing the Olympic lifts.

Yes I do cross fit as well.I feel like girls are substantially weaker in that department (anything overhead).

• Author
sportygirl89
Maintain my weight for another year as I have done for the past three almost four after losing to reach my goal weight. I can say with confidence and satisfaction that I am one of the supposed 30% who does NOT need to be concerned with weight loss.

Keep visiting the gym as I have done in the past year except maybe more often as I feel better when I go.

Yeah I want to lose the weight then keep it off.

Stay the course.

It seems I've hit on something.

Many, many women comment on my body these days. That was never the case before I started lifting weights more seriously and upping protein.

Comments in the past few weeks:

"Omg, you have the body of a hot 21 year old" - 21 yr old girl

"You're doing something right because your body is incredible" - 22 yr old girl

"You look really amazing for your age" - a male bouncer (did a double take on the id)

"I don't know how you do it, but keep on doing it" - 21 year old girl

A few more that I'm not remembering.

So, all the fitness goals of years back are now paying off.

It all starts in the kitchen though!

• Like 2

I'm trying to build up body weight and size.

No days off working out, all day = gainz. hahaha

Seriously, I'm just want to increase leg size, biceps, and chest.

thefooloftheyear

This time of year kinda sucks for us die hards...The gym is flooded with "new years resolution" types...Usually by mid Feb, they head back to the couch and the Doritos...Hopefully its sooner than later....:laugh:

No real goals...Just keep going...Strongest Ive ever been and still packing good lean mass at 50+...To be 225# 14% BF. and still have showable abs(at 5'7" ish, I cant complain..:)

If I have any goals, its avoid injury...I have had a few setbacks here and don't want the trend to continue.,..

Good luck all..!

TFY

• Like 4
Snakechammah
Squatting will help with buttexercising, plus if you do front or back squats you will get toned.

Squats are not the only thing that works for butts. I do a variety - to speed up the process. Donkey kicks and glute bridges are my favourite!

To be honest, the other thing that motivates me for my buttxercise other than Yanet Garcia's bum is just gulping the protein shake. I'm seriously addicted to it!

What's your workout routine? What kind of cardio are you doing?

anonymousbear00101100

I plan to be able to dunk at the end of the year. I will break 6 minutes on the mile by spring, and hopefully be in the 5:30 range by years end. Also adding a nutrition plan to the lifting I've been doing over the past few months is something I've been putting off for a while. No more milkshakes after leg day.

hasaquestion
I plan to be able to dunk at the end of the year. I will break 6 minutes on the mile by spring, and hopefully be in the 5:30 range by years end. Also adding a nutrition plan to the lifting I've been doing over the past few months is something I've been putting off for a while. No more milkshakes after leg day.

Those are great goals. But be warned - training to improve your mile and training to improve your vertical are completely unrelated. You need to be careful about overtraining. Doing box jumps and squats for power 3x a week and then running 6x a week is a good recipe for plantar fasciitis.

I'm a former miler so if you want any tips send a private message. The big key to improving your mile time right now is volume. Work your way up to running 30 miles a week and then start turning your attention to speed work.

• Like 1

Basically just to continue what I have been doing for the past few months; will hit the gym more often, say 4-5 times a week. And lift more and heavier. Looking forward to join my first ever Body Pump class by this weekend. heh.

And more yoga of course. :cool:

Eat cleaner and healthier too!

fitnessfan365

Dec 24th - Jan 1st is the one week of the year where I just don't give a crap about nutrition. But 85% of the time I eat clean. So I cut myself some slack. My favorite healthy discovery this last year was mashed cauliflower. When prepared right, it tastes like mashed potatoes. Such an enjoyable low calorie way to get five servings of vegetables daily.

Exercise wise, my main goal is to keep up the pace of 4-6x per week consistently. My workouts are really intense, so frequency usually depends on sleep. Recently I was in San Francisco w/my GF and I was able to do a fast run up a 200 yard hill that had a 40% incline. One of the most monsterous hills I've ever seen so I was happy about that. The conditioning is paying off.

• Like 1
anonymousbear00101100
Those are great goals. But be warned - training to improve your mile and training to improve your vertical are completely unrelated. You need to be careful about overtraining. Doing box jumps and squats for power 3x a week and then running 6x a week is a good recipe for plantar fasciitis.

I'm a former miler so if you want any tips send a private message. The big key to improving your mile time right now is volume. Work your way up to running 30 miles a week and then start turning your attention to speed work.

Thanks for the advice! My mile time has gotten better just based on the increase of my overall fitness level. I've been playing basketball for an hour or two before hitting the weights, so my cardio and leg strength have been going up drastically.

Though I seem to have hit a wall around the 6:15 mark when I test myself every now and again. One of the things I hoped to start was, like you said, increasing the amount of distance running I do, instead of just doing sprinting and the occasional attempt at a mile PR. I'll probably cut down on the basketball and add more running.

fitnessfan365

^^^

You may also want to add in some other forms of cross-training as well. For example, running bleachers and doing stair work would help tremendously when it comes to muscular endurance in your lower body as well as your lung capacity. I'd also recommend working in some sled work as well. You can get a Prowler these days for considerably less money then they used to be.

anonymousbear00101100
^^^

You may also want to add in some other forms of cross-training as well. For example, running bleachers and doing stair work would help tremendously when it comes to muscular endurance in your lower body as well as your lung capacity. I'd also recommend working in some sled work as well. You can get a Prowler these days for considerably less money then they used to be.

I had been doing the stadium stairs occasionally at my university's huge football stadium before the snow hit. By far the best workout I've gotten. Hadn't thought about sled work. Will definitely find a way to add that in.

hasaquestion
Thanks for the advice! My mile time has gotten better just based on the increase of my overall fitness level. I've been playing basketball for an hour or two before hitting the weights, so my cardio and leg strength have been going up drastically.

Though I seem to have hit a wall around the 6:15 mark when I test myself every now and again. One of the things I hoped to start was, like you said, increasing the amount of distance running I do, instead of just doing sprinting and the occasional attempt at a mile PR. I'll probably cut down on the basketball and add more running.

If you can get to 6:15 without any mileage you're in a pretty good place to start with. A lot of people who are fit and active can't manage that.

The big idea is this. Build a base in terms of mileage. Then start working on your anaerobic threshold (google 'fartlek' if you want a better idea of what this means). Then move to doing speed on the track. Then you're in race condition and its time to run that mile.