Cutting Yourself........

Countryredneckbae

I have been a cutter for 4 years and I have finally choose to stop. But i am so tempted to restart again cause of the stress and agravation. Is there any soultions to help me stop Cutting for once and for all. I need to stop cause i have tried commiting suicide 3 times before and i have reached the point in my life right now i need to stop and be clean. My counsouler has tried helping but I keep giving up and usually thats when I start to cut again. I have gone a month without cutting but i need to cut again but I cant but IM SO TEMPTED :( .

• Like 1
GorillaTheater

What are you doing to try to relieve the stress and aggravation? Have you learned about different coping mechanisms and self-soothing?

If you're a minor, do you talk to your parents about what's going on?

• Like 2
  • Author
Countryredneckbae

I use lavender but it only helps for about 30 minutes. I talk to my consouler but ive done everything she has me do. Yes im a minor. My parents have no clue i cut cause i try to keep it to myself and i dont need to go to rehab. My best friends mom is helping me out right now cause i cant tell my parents till im older about my cutting

GorillaTheater

I don't know your home situation but I know this much: our daughter telling us that she was cutting was the best thing she could have done. Shame and secrecy over your cutting may well be making the problem worse. Please let them help you through this. They can find a lot of resources that you may have trouble finding on your own.

• Like 3
  • Author
Countryredneckbae

The only thing my parents will do with me is send me to rehab and Im not going there.

My cutting is to relive the stress. The pain from the razor is the only thing That has been helping me but since i havent in a month I get voilent and I keep it to myself. When i parents arent home I go a punch a wall and make the holes bigger cause i cant keep calm long enough

• Author
Countryredneckbae

The only thing my parents will do with me is send me to rehab and Im not going there.

My cutting is to relive the stress. The pain from the razor is the only thing That has been helping me but since i havent in a month I get voilent and I keep it to myself. When i parents arent home I go a punch a wall and make the holes bigger cause i cant keep calm long enough

Hello Countryredneckbae,

is there any chance you can tell us what is causing so much stress to you right now?

Cutting is a way to deal with stress, but sometimes it helps to limit the amount of stress you are under and take precautions, before it gets too much.

• Like 2

Why do you think your parents will send you away to rehab? What kind of rehab place do you mean?

Keep talking to your counselor and to your bf's mom.

Sounds like you need to join a gym, punch the crap out of a punching bag instead of punching a hole in the wall.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

hi Countryredneckbae, I used to cut myself too. I don't know what situation your in, but the fact that you cut means you're in a huge emotional stress. I admire you that you tried to stop the urge of doing it, I know its a big effort to do that. Based on what you said, I think you are afraid of your parents because perhaps you don't trust their decision in resolving this kind of matter. That's normal I think since I never told my parents as well. I kept problems to myself, thought nobody would understand, and mostly I blamed myself why things happened that way. But I decided to take action about it. Started asking myself questions, like how long I'm going to do this? How long will the satisfaction of cutting last? What good will it give me? Will this resolve anything. It is kind of addictive tbh. But then I realized, I need to function normal and move forward and be productive. I read articles about self importance, love for self, other things such as that. I started to feel better but sometimes the urge is still there. Then again asked my self questions, asked myself how can I hurt myself in a non destructive and positive way? Thought of exercising until I found crossfit and it worked pretty well for me. It is a lot of work and give you so much stress that your heart will pound so fast until it hurts. I loved that feeling, it's way better cutting yourself and leaving scars that people will ask about. Stressing yourself a lot through exercise will give yourself the satisfaction of the pain, yet make you feel good about yourself at the end of the day. Never cut myself again since then. Hope this will help you. But I hope you can find courage to tell your parents about it, if you assume they'll send you to rehab, tell them that you don't want to be in there.

• Like 2
  • Author
Countryredneckbae
Hello Countryredneckbae,

is there any chance you can tell us what is causing so much stress to you right now?

Cutting is a way to deal with stress, but sometimes it helps to limit the amount of stress you are under and take precautions, before it gets too much.

Lately my parents and I have been fighting. I've tried to keep my parents from dealing with my problems and my stress cause they only try to make it worse for me.

• Author
Countryredneckbae
Why do you think your parents will send you away to rehab? What kind of rehab place do you mean?

Keep talking to your counselor and to your bf's mom.

Sounds like you need to join a gym, punch the crap out of a punching bag instead of punching a hole in the wall.

My parents told me if I had started cutting they'd send me to rehab. I've kept the thought of telling them I had been cutting cause I'm in enough stress with my parents and I don't need anymore. My parents would send me to a mental hospital if they find out.

Moderator bump. Our research supports having a minor here so please keep that in mind when responding. Our mandate is engagement and support. Thanks in advance.

My parents told me if I had started cutting they'd send me to rehab. I've kept the thought of telling them I had been cutting cause I'm in enough stress with my parents and I don't need anymore. My parents would send me to a mental hospital if they find out.

Nothing wrong with going to a mental hospital and it could be very helpful for you. You would probably be well served by a medication for depression and anxiety, something like prozac or zoloft. On top of that, you should get therapy that teaches you how to regulate your emotions in ways besides cutting.

Therapy and an SSRI medication are what you're looking for, and a good mental hospital will get all of that moving in the right direction. Most people are only admitted for 1-2 weeks. Once you're stabilized you'll be setup with outpatient services.

• Like 1
  • Author
Countryredneckbae

Im just afraid of telling my parents cause they have enough problems right now and I have no money for anything neither do my parents.

whichwayisup
Im just afraid of telling my parents cause they have enough problems right now and I have no money for anything neither do my parents.

Just give it some thought, maybe telling your parents will actually help and bring relief. They do love you and I'm sure if they knew how much pain you are in, they'd want to help you.

Do you have a close family friend, another relative you can talk to that you trust?

• Like 1
  • Author
Countryredneckbae

I talk to my best friends mom about it cause my friends mom had to deal with the same thing with my friend. I dont really trust my family because some of my family are nurses and they get a little to mad when i mention something to them

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't know why people cut themselves but I know it's not at all uncommmon. I have wondered myself if it is a way of triggering the body's natural endorphins to flow (the body's natural painkillers) and thus a way of relieving pain - mental and physical. If there is anything in this theory of mine, then maybe it would help you to know why you are so tempted? It would also mean that methods used to help people get off drugs might be of more use to you than other techniques.

I hope you find a path through this for yourself. It seems like you want to very much and you deserve to feel better.

• Like 1

Your health and well being is much more important than money, and I'm sure your parents would agree.

Something I've seen is that every time you feel like cutting yourself, use a marker and draw where you would cut instead. It's definitely not a solution but rather a healthier alternative in the meantime while you are getting help.

• Like 3
  • Author
Countryredneckbae

Well, I have tried to stop but this time I cant keep my mind off of cutting. I have lost my grandma Wednesday night. Its taking a hard toll on me. My friends are trying to get me to stop again but I just cant take it. plus I have lashed out at my parents because of the 10 years they wanted no part in my life till just recent.

Well, I have tried to stop but this time I cant keep my mind off of cutting. I have lost my grandma Wednesday night. Its taking a hard toll on me. My friends are trying to get me to stop again but I just cant take it. plus I have lashed out at my parents because of the 10 years they wanted no part in my life till just recent.

I'm sorry for your loss, losing a loved one isn't easy. Hugs to you.

Continue to reach out to your friends mom and just ask your friends to love and support you, not to try to 'fix' you but to let you grieve, to hug you often, to just be with you and not judge or give you advice.

Journal your feelings and thoughts on pen and paper, it will help relieve your pain.

Hope this helps.

PS Get your post count up to 100 posts that way you can enable private messaging. I'd like to send you some links to help you out but can't do it on here in your thread.

• Like 1
  • Author
Countryredneckbae

Okay. I am trying to get my count on my posts up i am slowly getting there. Im barely online right now cause the only way im getting online is at school

• Like 1

There is a thing called mindfulness that might help you. Maybe you know about it already. It is very helpful for stress, for helping people in difficult situations that they cant see their way out of. It can help you to relieve some of the anxiety you are feeling. Eckhart Tolle has some very accessible books to read on the topic, I am sure they will be in your local library.

You are a beautiful person and you are loved. This will pass and one day your life will be what you want it to be. Trust in that and in yourself.

• Author
Countryredneckbae
There is a thing called mindfulness that might help you. Maybe you know about it already. It is very helpful for stress, for helping people in difficult situations that they cant see their way out of. It can help you to relieve some of the anxiety you are feeling. Eckhart Tolle has some very accessible books to read on the topic, I am sure they will be in your local library.

You are a beautiful person and you are loved. This will pass and one day your life will be what you want it to be. Trust in that and in yourself.

Okay I didnt know about that till now. Ill have to find the books.

Okay. I am trying to get my count on my posts up i am slowly getting there. Im barely online right now cause the only way im getting online is at school

Great.

When you do get time to be online here, just read and reply to others that will help to get your post count up.

Hope you're having a better day today.

Get a hair band or a rubber band and wear it around your wrist as if it were a bracelet.

Every time you think about cutting snap the band against your wrist. It is the same in theory but leaves no scar and is a lot less dangerous.