How to gain weight.......

Hi everyone.

Ok, most of the time people wanting to loose weight or build muscles.

I m opposite.

I just turn 46 I m 5"6 and 118 pounds

I have been thin all my life. When I was teen to 30 ish, I weigh 105 pounds.

I eat everything and never been on a diet nor skip food.

My new boy friend love to work out since he was 15 and body builder.

He works out with heavy weight at the gym 4 times a week and I joined him.

Now I gained muscle and very tone and lean.

We eat healthy because he won't eat anything junk or sweet.

He say I look way too skinny and he keeps telling me I need to gain weight.

He trying to feed me all the time and I am tired of hearing it.

He mostly want me to gain my butt and chest which I do a lot of squats, lunges, and all along with chest work out.

My butt got bigger and firmer and I am Asian do, my butt will not get huge like westerners.

My chest is 32 C.

Most womens chest inch sizes are 34 to 38 small to medium size ladies....so I am 32 inch round chest is very thin...

My waist is 24 inches and my hip is 34 but gotten really round behind due to squat.

When I do squats, I use 100 pound weight with it.

My boy friend knows everything about muscles and diets and work out and all

But because I don't gain weight eating normal healthy food....he say you need to eat some junk food but I hate junk food.

How do I gain weight without gain weight on my waist line?

That is what I am afraid......

Gain weight all over not just in the middle like most people who over weight?

thefooloftheyear

Get married....:lmao:

Ok that was just a joke...

But really....Sounds like your bf knows less than what he thinks he does..

Anyway...

People are genetically predisposed to a certain body type...You cant generally just get a big ass and tits...You said it correctly...You have the type of body that likely wont ever be muscular or even fat...

Eating a bunch of junk food wont work....best you can do is limit cardio exercises and focus on core movements...Build a bit of muscle so you get strong and lithe...Eat nutrient dense foods...but healthy...

Sounds like you just need to accept what God gave you and do what you can...If he cares about you, then he'll accept you....Believe me, zillions of women would trade places tomorrow...

Best of luck..

TFY

Edited by thefooloftheyear

I'm close to your measurements, as well as close to your age. I've also been married over 20 years, so that didn't help :rolleyes:

When I work out hard, I get hungrier and I do gain size in muscle, but it's still pretty limited. I'll always be slight.

Your bf should be less critical of your healthy body shape. If he wanted big chest and butt, what is he doing with you? Your body shape is elegant and lovely, like a ballerina :) Appreciate what you have, and tell him to do the same.

• Like 3

I've known many naturally thin women. No matter what they eat, they stay thin. It's genetics and there's nothing which can be done about it. If you do eat junk food, you'll likely clog your arteries but still won't gain wait. It's called 'being fat on the inside'.

I think it's time to let you know that criticising your body over something you can't help is unacceptable.

• Like 3

I'm super thin like this too,and been married and had kids. I'm still looking for the niche of men who adore the skinny women.

Edited by Popsicle
I'm super thin like this too,and been married and had kids. I'm still looking for the niche of men who adore the skinny women.

I came of age in the Kate Moss era. Is it really that difficult to find men into thin women these days?

• Author

I guess I am generically thin...my mother is always thin.

My daughter is almost 21 and she is 5"8 weigh 101 pounds. My Ex was 6"2 but he is really over weight so, my daughter got my gene.

My boy friend don't want a big boobs...I have bra size C so not that small

But he like for me to have larger chest of 34 at least... width wise

I came of age in the Kate Moss era. Is it really that difficult to find men into thin women these days?

Yes no love for skinny girls today.

• Like 1
Yes no love for skinny girls today.

i am very thin and no matter what man i have dated they have always wanted/wished i was fatter/heavier. which is why i get so confused when women who are a bit bigger/heavier want to lose weight to get a man. many men really don't mind a heavier body type.

• Like 1

Everybody has a body type. If you are genetically made up to have a small a** and chest in proportion to the rest of your body then that's just how it is for you. Some women can be thin with bubble butts and big chests and that's just how it is for them. If that is your body type then over eating to gain weight will put weight on everywhere, so your chest will grow and your backside certainly will, but so will your stomach and thighs and hips.

If you want to interfere with your natural body type, ask your boyfriend to buy you some breast and butt implants, he buys you everything else! :D :D

• Author

SAMHAIN, lol you are funny and you are right.

Oh yea he suggested that too if I want a any plastic surgery, he has no problem me having one and he say he will pay for it.

I told him I do not want any surgery. I think that is waste of money.

If the have a major body problems maybe but I m not one of those who so obsessed about how they look certain way and I m not a high maintenance.

I m one of those if I have money for plastic surgery, manicure and pedicure and expensive shoes and bags, I rather give it to the less fortunate and to animal shelters.

But I do wish I was little heavier so I don't look like a people with eating disorder....it is hard to find clothes that I like and fits good in size 00

Yes size double zero.....

i am very thin and no matter what man i have dated they have always wanted/wished i was fatter/heavier. which is why i get so confused when women who are a bit bigger/heavier want to lose weight to get a man. many men really don't mind a heavier body type.

Totally. You know.

I go both ways and the most frustrating thing is to not be able to gain weight. It's scary IME.

As far as men go, out here they like skinny.

• Like 1

OP, first, before changing anything, IMO get a physical. That'll baseline you for any changes you make.

Then, it's a matter of changing caloric intake and metabolic rate and how weight is produced and stored on your body. There's a lot of science in that which you can get from both the internet and from professionals.

I recall my best female friend for many years was 5'4" and 100lb for most of the decade we were friends; I knew this because she'd sometimes weigh herself when fitting swimsuits and I'd see both the scale and the suits. She had a hard time putting on weight too and her parents owned a restaurant. She just had a high metabolic rate and the 'skinny' gene. However, she never expressed to me an interest in gaining weight and, from what I saw of her body in swimsuits, yeah, no problem there at all :D

Good luck with your choice. My layman's advice would be to promote even muscle building since muscle holds water and water is heavy and muscle and weight can be gained without markedly altering body shape.

Don't focus on gaining weight, you won't by much in muscles. Consider age, height and weight, ethnicity, and sex, maybe 1/2 lbs of muscle is already crazy to imagine. You still can improve on those areas you mentioned but you won't see it moves the scale much and don't expect it. You will see changes and improvements without seeing the scale moves. It's unrealistic unless you take hormones. Instead focus on those goals you mentioned, shape, shape, shape! That's the most important. Oh, and don't eat more just because you think your body will turn those calories in form of proteins into muscles. You won't need that much. Consider yourself lucky ;).

• Author

Thank you Dylon.

I think that is so true.

I work out with weight at the gym now about a year and never exercise before my life.

I gain pretty good muscles evenly through out my body and my butt looks like swollen....due to a lot of squats and lunges and other things I do....my chest is firmer and lifted so I m happy with the results.

My boyfriend say I have very cute and sexy body it just little too skinny...

He like for me to have Brazilian looking butt.....small but very round and bubble looking butt....lol

I am Asian and Asians never have that kind of butt no matter how hard we do work out....

A lot of Asian countries do but not these Asians...Korean, Japanese, Chinese..Vietnamese will not.

Anyway, he have to love me for who I am now....lol

I am not going to kill my self working out too hard nor have butt job....no way.

Thank you all.

My boyfriend say I have very cute and sexy body it just little too skinny...

He like for me to have Brazilian looking butt.....small but very round and bubble looking butt....lol

Reminds me of my ex husband who wanted me to have darker nipples. I really wish I'd told him that I wanted him to have a bigger penis.

• Like 1
  • Author

Lol basil67

You are right...what we, women put up with men.

Darker nipples? Why?

I have light brown color and I wish I have pink nipples lol

• Like 1

OP, don't change a thing! you're very elegant and beautiful just the way you are. There is a movement to shame women who are fit and thin, don't let them get to you.

• Like 1