mushrooms (the food!) for period cramps

i always had cramps and felt nauseous during the first day of my period. nothing too severe, but annoying nevertheless.

the last two months i had almost zero cramps and nausea. i've been wondering why and what i've changed that may have caused that. the only thing that i can remember changing is that i actually eat more mushrooms. both last month and this month i happened to eat mushrooms (in soup and sauteed) just before my period.

i tried to google about mushrooms being good for periods but i dont think i found sufficient data.

has anyone else experienced a similar thing?

T-16bullseyeWompRat

Mushroom talk!! Yay!! Many different mushrooms are used for healing different things. Mushrooms are an amazing little fungi. So many good uses. Spores can survive in almost every climate. I just love shrooms! I'm not even a huge fan of the flavor of them alone, but I've grown shiitake, button, oyster and um ... psilocybe cubensis lol. They really are very interesting little things. Growing them makes you appreciate them even more. We used to go hunting for chicken of the woods (laetiporus sulphureus ) around my aunts house when we were kids. I like the flavors they bring to soups and stocks and sauces. I'm not big on just eating them sautéed, as the flavor of them alone isn't my thing. Read up on all the medicinal fungi out there. Such underrated little things!! I should have been a mushroom farmer!! You know I can grow about 15 lbs of oysters on about 10 bucks worth of materials. That's a low yield even. Man I could talk mushrooms for hours!

Seriously look up all the medicinal uses for different fungi around the world. Helping with stress, anxiety, depression, cancer, diabetes, asthma, ED, PTSD... Just to name a few. They have found amazing results as well in using psilocybin to help people stop smoking cigarettes. Everyone could use more mushrooms in their diet!

Edited by T-16bullseyeWompRat
  • Like 2
  • Author

aw, it's certainly nice to see someone passionate about mushrooms. im on my way to start worshipping them too :p i do have some ehm psychological problems and i think they've gotten better as well, since i started eating mushrooms

is it ok to eat mushrooms often though? let's say 4 days a week?

• Author
Magic mushrooms?

my, i wish i lived in a magic place with magic mushrooms. but there's no point in daydreaming as grocery store mushrooms are all i have.

i happen to love mushrooms, but there is a huge divide over these little guys. being a fungus.. lots of people won't eat any foods containing mushrooms and the mushroom products in grocery stores are often pulled or scarce because they just don't sell well to the general public. i was buying a mushroom product at trader joes for quite a while and they always had stock, and recently when i went in and the guy said they discontinued most frozen mushroom products b/c apparently they just don't sell :(

T-16bullseyeWompRat
Magic mushrooms?

You bet! Spores are dirt cheap. Growing medium is dirt cheap. The only thing you have to be careful of is how clean your environment is while getting everything going. Same with all shrooms. Some are more hearty then others fighting off molds. Psilocybe cubensis on a brown rice flower cake cost like 20 bucks to make an ounce or so. More then enough for you and a couple friends ;).

But I would use magic mushrooms more for spiritual purposes myself. For medicinal mushrooms I like reishi

Let's keep this on topic and legal please, talk about how to grow and get the spores of magic mushrooms falls into the OFF topic arena.

Thanks