I'm seeing this stuff on Facebook

Has anyone tried Thrive or Plexus or any of those things? I'm dying to try mostly Thrive, but then Plexus seems really awesome too. However, right now, getting a few bills paid, working out that aspect, and money not super plentiful. So I need to ask, anyone try it or know anyone who has? What is the general consensus?

Is this a weight loss thing? I don't know what you look like, but some VERY attractive women for some reason think they need to have the body of a stick figure. Guys don't like that.

But, if you feel you need to lose weight, I did it by obviously exercising more but also cut out sugar as much as I could, started drinking more water, eat less food more often, and get SLEEP. None of that will help unless you get adequate sleep to regulate your metabolism.

Michelle ma Belle

If Oprah Winfrey, the richest woman in the world, couldn't find or create a pill to make her thin then I'm afraid it doesn't exist. And if anyone could have made it possible it would have been her. It's all a load of bunk.

Moral of the story? There is no miracle for weight loss. Eat less (junk that is) and move more.

You're welcome :)

• Like 2

Dooooon't doooo it!!! I work in a debit card disputes department and we dispute these fad diet/testosterone/skin creams things all the time. If it is a free trial where you pay just the shipping and you decide to keep the product then they charge you the normal price of $89.95, or something ridiculous along those lines within a couple of weeks.

Some people try to be sneaky and claim the transaction as fraud, that they had nothing to do with it. The problem with that is when we submit it to Visa or MC as fraud those free trial merchants always Always ALWAYS provide the proof that it is not fraud (your address, email address, IP address, phone number, etc). When that happens it's basically an automatic loss for the cardholder (Visa/MC only gives us one chance to submit a chargeback).

And let's be technical: If you provide the card number you are authorizing them to charge the account. So if they later hit you for $90 it's not fraud because the card number was given to the merchant by the cardholder.

So yeah... moral of the story: Dooooon't doooo it!!!

Edited by Ms. Faust
BrokenManAgain
Has anyone tried Thrive or Plexus or any of those things? I'm dying to try mostly Thrive, but then Plexus seems really awesome too. However, right now, getting a few bills paid, working out that aspect, and money not super plentiful. So I need to ask, anyone try it or know anyone who has? What is the general consensus?
It's a scam to empty your pocket book. Weight loss is diet. Period. There is no other subsitution. You need to cut 300 calories or whatever the carbohydreates equivlant a day from your diet.

You also cannot exercise your way out of a poor diet.

Diet and diet alone will change the size of your body.

Exercise, however, will chanage the shape of your body

fitnessfan365
It's a scam to empty your pocket book. Weight loss is diet. Period. There is no other subsitution. You need to cut 300 calories or whatever the carbohydreates equivlant a day from your diet.

You also cannot exercise your way out of a poor diet.

Diet and diet alone will change the size of your body.

Exercise, however, will chanage the shape of your body

Weight/fat loss is all about calories in/calories out. So let's say that a person has to take in 2500 per day to maintain their weight. They could technically eat 2500 worth of crap every day, burn 500 calories through exercise every day, and still lose 1lb a week doing that.

But the problem w/that is that all the sugar and trans fat would wreak havoc on your body's insides in the long run. That's why I always remind my clients that eating right is like exercise for your insides. Then the actual exercise is what will make your outsides look good.

Weight/fat loss is all about calories in/calories out. So let's say that a person has to take in 2500 per day to maintain their weight. They could technically eat 2500 worth of crap every day, burn 500 calories through exercise every day, and still lose 1lb a week doing that.

But the problem w/that is that all the sugar and trans fat would wreak havoc on your body's insides in the long run. That's why I always remind my clients that eating right is like exercise for your insides. Then the actual exercise is what will make your outsides look good.

Very wise.

And could I just add this?

So much is done to our food before it even hits our consciousness....

try to eat natural.

Low fat, calorie-controlled, 'less this-that-or-the-other' has all been interfered with in a way to deprive you of what nature originally created.

Processed foods are the worst enemies of good, healthy eating.

And as for those products? on FB?

I'm seeing this stuff on Facebook

Has anyone tried Thrive or Plexus or any of those things?

FB feeds you (pardon the pun) adverts based on your viewing and interest tendencies.

So the reason you 'keep seeing' this stuff on FB - is because they're giving you whatever you happen to have most interest in. Google & Facebook are but a click away from each other...

The two interconnect. They're bound to...

Your websearches are reflected that way....

If Oprah Winfrey, the richest woman in the world, couldn't find or create a pill to make her thin then I'm afraid it doesn't exist. And if anyone could have made it possible it would have been her. It's all a load of bunk.

Moral of the story? There is no miracle for weight loss. Eat less (junk that is) and move more.

You're welcome :)

Nonsense. She could afford a personal trainer. Actors gain or lose radical amounts of weight over short periods of time. Oprah's either lazy or knows she reaches a better target audience when she's overweight.

The problem is, everyone wants the quick fix.

Well let me tell you from long-past experience, there IS no 'quick fix. You have to be determined to cut weight the old fashioned traditional weight:

Cut portions, cut fat, improve food quality, eat specific foods in correct proportions and remain active. If the weight-loss is gradual, it will be far more likely to stay off, than taking something "miraculous" and chemical, which is likely to have bad side effects and raise false hopes.

Permit me to show you the effects of ra[pid weight loss.

This is a celebrity in the UK:

early 2011...

late 2011

And now....

That much weight loss (8 stone in 9 months) is far too much for the system to be able to cope with, long term.

It takes super-human determination to keep that much weight off, and to prevent a rebound-weight-gain.