How often and how much water do you drink?

I Drink Water and Coffee. Only liquids I'll drink. I don't drink Alcohol.

I do drink a 1Liter a day but I drink it all within a specific lot of 2-3 hours then I won't have any more water until the next day. I do drink maybe 2-3 cups of coffee a day between that

I'm starting to feel like I should spread it out more and drink more often because I've been feeling dehydrated and showing signs of it.

thefooloftheyear

Active 220+# man...

I probably drink a 1-2 gallons a day...more obviously when I am sweating(I work sort of a physical profession in the elements)...less when its colder..

And I would add that of that total only about 20% is actual water...The rest of my intake consists of skim milk, unsweetened tea..and sportsdrinks(more in the heat)....

I dont buy the whole "you should drink X amount of water daily"...

I know my body pretty well, and give it what it needs..To drink excessive fluids for the sake of a daily quota and pissing all day just doesn't make much sense..,,Think about it, do animals do this? ,,,,Nope..they get along just fine(providing they have the water they actually need)...

YMMV

TFY

• Like 2
acrosstheuniverse

About 3/4l of plain tap water per day. I love water! It's an amazing substance. I have to drink loads anyway as I have a chronic bladder pain problem and dehydration is the most painful thing I can do to myself, but overall I think I'd still drink all this anyway. I feel so much better when hydrated. My skin looks clear and plump, I feel more alert, fewer headaches. Some days I go down to about 2l but on the whole I drink 2-3l while at work plus a couple glasses when I wake and then whatever I want to drink on an evening. I do drink coffee, juice etc but only in addition to my quantity of water.

For the past three years, I've primarily drank only water. I try to drink a gallon a day and usually accomplish it easily. I do have no fat milk with my breakfast cereal and I drink one cup of kefir per day.

No alcohol, sodas, ... may have a cup of coffee every three months or so ... tea even less.

Mostly, it's just water.

• Like 1

By the way, I drink upward of a litre and a half of water per day, plus teas and the occasional coffee. I also drink plenty during the night, because I get awful, really awful cramps. I find keeping hydrated to be of enormous help.

I get cramp, I drink about 250ml water, and it goes within a minute.

I always add ACV to my drinking water. Always.

thefooloftheyear
By the way, I drink upward of a litre and a half of water per day, plus teas and the occasional coffee. I also drink plenty during the night, because I get awful, really awful cramps. I find keeping hydrated to be of enormous help.

I get cramp, I drink about 250ml water, and it goes within a minute.

I always add ACV to my drinking water. Always.

Apple cider vinegar??:confused:

TFY

Yes, sorry.

I started drinking bottled water with apple cider vinegar about a year ago. It's thirst-quenching, and I think it has helped with regulating my digestion and sugar levels....

• Like 2
I can drink upwards of about 5/6 litres of later a day.

That's too much. Are you sure you mean litres??

Too much water can actually be detrimental to your health.

I suppose it depends what your activity levels are too.....

That's too much. Are you sure you mean litres??

Too much water can actually be detrimental to your health.

I suppose it depends what your activity levels are too.....

Yes Litres. I weigh about 260lbs though and train everyday, sometimes twice a day. I get super thirsty throughout the day so I don't really have to try to drink that amount.

Edited by lchf
fitnessfan365

I usually drink 1 to 1 1/2 gallons per day. But that's because I'm active working as a personal trainer on top of doing really intense workouts 4-5x per week.

There is a water fill up place across the street from where I live. So it only cost me .40 per gallon.

Two liters of spring water every day without fail.

On top of that I have one strong coffee a day, and fruit and vegetable juices as I wish.

Alcohol in small amounts, on special occasions such as birthdays.

• Like 1

A doctor once told me that we already consume a lot of water in the food we eat eg pasta, salads, fruit/veg etc, so it's not necessary to drink litres of water everyday. As someone else posted here, excessive water consumption can be hazardous. Some years ago there was a story in the news about a European tourist visiting northern Australia(hot climate), who drank so much water she died from brain swelling.

I usually drink 1 to 1 1/2 gallons per day. But that's because I'm active working as a personal trainer on top of doing really intense workouts 4-5x per week.

There is a water fill up place across the street from where I live. So it only cost me .40 per gallon.

That's 9.5 litres.

In other words, a load of bull.

Sorry. I don't believe you.

Unless you're an intense athlete like a cyclist on the Tour de France - one of the most gruelling and energy-intensive sports, ever - that's just not possible. Besides, they also supplement their liquid intake with protein and foods designed to fuel the body.

What do you eat?

thefooloftheyear
That's 9.5 litres.

In other words, a load of bull.

Sorry. I don't believe you.

Unless you're an intense athlete like a cyclist on the Tour de France - one of the most gruelling and energy-intensive sports, ever - that's just not possible. Besides, they also supplement their liquid intake with protein and foods designed to fuel the body.

What do you eat?

Nah...

He is prob telling the truth....I drink about the same amount...I can tell you that I definitely consume more than 2 gallons of fluid in the summer...

I work in an environment where I move constantly and during the summer its prob over 100 F regularly in the workplace..

Add to that 5/6 days of heavy weight training and a few days of cardio...and there you go..

I eat 6-8 meals a day, approx 6K +/- cals...That keeps me maintained and building without adding a lot of unnecessary fat...At 220ish/14% bf I am not ripped, but pretty lean..

A fat 220 lb person doesn't need much food/water....Someone of the same weight with lean muscle? A lot more than you think..

TFY

Ok, well if you say so, I take it back.... But it seems an extraordinarily large amount... I couldn't imagine ever getting through THAT much water in a day....

I drink way too much. I think I take in more than 3L a day outside mealtimes (I don't count per se, but I boil all my water and I go through more than 2 rounds of boiling everyday, and my kettle is 1.5L), not considering beverages that I drink with meals. :/ It's an annoying habit that my parents instilled in me when I was young and I'm still trying to break. It's too much, unnecessary, and peeing every damn hour is NOT convenient.