I just don't feel good

I am 23 and just never feel good everyday. It all started two years ago. I got an injury and the symptoms started getting intense fast. A year later I was diagnosed with a rare condition with my nervous system. It caused me random symptoms like temperature issues, centralized random pain, and sensitivity to things touching my skin. Luckily, my symptoms haven't progressed and have not gotten worse. I can handle it pretty well. I have been avoiding medicine because I don't want to be poked and prodded to be continually trying different medications. I handle it and do pretty well on my own, without treatment.

After my injury healed, I started working out, eating well, and loving life. I felt pretty decent. I noticed I would get tired more often, but it wasn't too noticeable.

Now two years later, I should be healthy, but I am not. But I do not think this has anything to do with my medical condition. A few months ago I felt like I was getting a head cold. My doctor put me on an antibiotic for a couple weeks. I started feeling better on them and had hope it would clear. As soon as I ended the medication, all the symptoms came back and I felt horrible. He put me back on the medication claiming many people need it for a month to truly work.

I went back on it and started feeling better. I was on antibiotics for over a month that I kept getting yeast infections because it was killing everything bacterial. I didn't mind because I felt better.

Towards the end of the antibiotic I started feeling sick. Severe body aches, tiredness, and fatigue. I didn't know what was wrong. Days later I had all those symptoms, a sore throat, and a fever. I couldn't work. I went to my doctor and they did a ton of blood work. He thought I might have lyme disease or mono. I got better and better everyday and all the tests came back negative. He said it must have been a virus.

Its been about three weeks since the virus and I feel horrible almost everyday. I am tired, have a slight sore throat, and horrible sinus pressure and pain. I am so tired and have no energy. I don't work out. I can barely get through a day of work. I am testy constantly because I do not feel well. All I want to do after work is sleep and eat. I feel myself eating way more than usual because I need energy.

I can see myself gaining weight and I hate it. I enjoy exercising, but I don't want to. I feel like I can't do it. Even my mother seems to be able to move more than me these days. I feel like my friends have more energy than me and I just want to be able to do things with them. I feel myself being agitated sometimes and I don't want to be this way. I am just getting so sick of this.

I started taking allergy medication, thinking maybe its severe allergies. It hasn't started working yet, and it is supposed to work right away. I don't want tog o back to my doctor since he already took blood work and it all came back normal. I don't want to go through that again. I just want to feel better.

I am sitting here almost in tears because I just want to feel good again. I want to go to the gym and have energy. I can't take this. I don't know what to do. I feel myself constantly taking medicine. Ibuprofen to help the sore throat and sinus pressure, then allergy medication, and sometimes a decongestant. I feel like I rely on these medicines to live my life.

compulsivedancer

The only thing I know to suggest is probiotics. Any time you are on antibiotics, make sure you're taking probiotics. Even if you're only eating yogurt.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...