Hi all, For the last year since I split up with my wife, I have been depressed. Also, since I no longer design the meal lists, I have put on a large amount of weight.

I wasn't svelte before at 6' tall and 217 lbs (my ideal weight is around 180), but I must have put on at least an additional 15-20 lbs in this last year. This is the heaviest I have been...maybe ever and it's all around my mid-section.

For some weird psychological reason, I crave things constantly. I can be re-heating some food and want to eat something to tide me over until it's warm. I can have lunch and want a snack 20 min later. Granted I'm not satisfying myself when I eat (I want to lose weight), but that works against me because I invariably reach for a snack when I should be going hungry.

Now, I recognize in myself the fact that I need to suffer regarding hunger in order to control my weight. It has always been this way. I know that the only way for me to get to and maintain a reasonable weight is to feel hungry most of the time. I used to do that, but this last year, I just haven't found the resolution to do it anymore so I get my snacks and let myself go.

I have been fighting it lately though and won't buy chips, regular crackers or cheese anymore (though I am living with a relative for the time being and it's in the house, I really try not to eat theirs.) While I know the only way for me to really get where I wish to be is sheer will-power, I also understand that as long as I'm living here and am depressed, I will continue to snack. Therefore I have decided to try to find healthier things to snack on.

I have: Celery and hummus, fruit, melba toast and tuna, pretzels. Red-baron mini pizzas (okay, I couldn't help it :rolleyes:.) Next time I'll skip the mini pizzas but I can drag them out over a few weeks so as not to just pig-out.

I'm looking for suggestions. My requirements are: Quick and easy to prepare (a one-time setup isn't out of the question as long as the prepared ingredients meet my other requirements.) Inexpensive (this is my least important criterion.) Low fat / calorie, tasty, satisfying, doesn't take up much room in my 'fridge...preferably not refrigerated.

Any magic ideas will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Ken

Clarence_Boddicker

Cucumbers, carrots, raisins, watermelon, guacamole, coconut flakes (unsweetened), lettuce, banana, apples, oranges, mangos, banana peppers, green olives, cantaloupe, honeydew melon, raw almond, raw cashews, dry roasted peanuts, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etc

• Like 1
CrystalCastles

I am also the type to love snacks however I am a 5'11, 130 pound woman and to stay that weight I am careful about the food I choose. I like snacks like raisins, nuts, blueberries, strawberries, sometimes I eat yoghurt for desserts rather than cookies or cake or ice cream, all of which I never eat. Granola bars can be good if you really have a huge craving for sweets but try to stay away since they can be high in sugars. It's hard to stop snacking but the key to start off is to substitute unhealthy food for healthy. And don't forget to exercise even if it's walking for half an hour a day.

I also found that drinks make me stop snacking. I like snacking when I'm doing my homework or otherwise sitting at my desk. But if I have a cup of tea I can just drink that and it still puts something in my mouth without it being food.

Clarence gave good suggestions although I don't know anyone who snacks on banana peppers, ouch.

• Like 2
  • Author

LOL I'm a weirdo who does!

Actually, I love peppers and find that eating a hot pepper can stave off hunger a little.

Clarence, I definitely appreciate your list. I do have the green olives and pickles (I forgot to mention those.) I do like nuts but try to stay away since they are full of fat (though it's the "good kind.") I don't have guac. because of the fat and it requires chips IMO.

This morning for breakfast I tried an Alton Brown idea. I got a grapefruit (I know, yuck, right?) cut it in half and sprinkled a layer of sugar on top. Then took a blow torch and blasted it until it caramelized and while it was still liquidus, sprinkled it with some kosher salt. As he mentioned, the salt removes the bitterness and it was pretty good (as far as grapefruit goes.)

Then I had a croissant.

You can see where I'm coming from. I try to do things like eat grapefruit but just don't feel satisfied. I would probably have been better off just having the croissant. Of course I would have been better off just having the grapefruit, but that didn't feel like an option.

I do like your idea of low-cal drinks like iced tea! I'll give that a try. Thanks CC.

5'11" and 130? Wow! Almost my height and about half my weight. Nice going! :cool:

Ken

• Like 1
TaraMaiden2

Unlerss we know you, your lifestyle, your temperament, your will-power your resolve, your reasoning, your likes, dislikes and daily routines, it's really difficult to be able to offer any type of constructive support or assistance, rather than just reel off products you might enjoy.

I personally find that even if I'm eating really low-calorie foods, what I really love is flavour.

So think of the flavours you really love, then think of how to incorporate them into foods and dishes which are healthy AND nutritious.

I would also offer a cautionary tale of a recent 'phenomenon' in this country.

Poor young Carl Thompson.

There was a recent documentary regarding his weight gain and desperate cry for help.

His binge-eating was triggered by a sad event in his life (his mother died) and he went from an already hefty 30 stone (420lbs) to a collossal and frankly unimaginable 65 stone, in just 3 years. That's Nine. Hundred. and. Ten. pounds....

He ate, and ate and ate and subsequently became addicted to eating.

Please, please keep a record of this and use it as a salutary lesson:

"I will NOT ever, ever, EVER get like this."

• Like 1
CrystalCastles
LOL I'm a weirdo who does!

Actually, I love peppers and find that eating a hot pepper can stave off hunger a little.

Clarence, I definitely appreciate your list. I do have the green olives and pickles (I forgot to mention those.) I do like nuts but try to stay away since they are full of fat (though it's the "good kind.") I don't have guac. because of the fat and it requires chips IMO.

This morning for breakfast I tried an Alton Brown idea. I got a grapefruit (I know, yuck, right?) cut it in half and sprinkled a layer of sugar on top. Then took a blow torch and blasted it until it caramelized and while it was still liquidus, sprinkled it with some kosher salt. As he mentioned, the salt removes the bitterness and it was pretty good (as far as grapefruit goes.)

Then I had a croissant.

You can see where I'm coming from. I try to do things like eat grapefruit but just don't feel satisfied. I would probably have been better off just having the croissant. Of course I would have been better off just having the grapefruit, but that didn't feel like an option.

I do like your idea of low-cal drinks like iced tea! I'll give that a try. Thanks CC.

5'11" and 130? Wow! Almost my height and about half my weight. Nice going! :cool:

Ken

Why thank you! :love::p:)

I am that weight because I also exercise. I'm not buff and I'm not a fan of lifting weights (although I used to do it 3x a week for the last two years) but I do love running and swimming and hiking, and I recently discovered that rock climbing is just the best. I supplement my diet with exercise at least a few days a week. I am not aiming to be buff, but my diet and exercise allows me to be very lean and strong.

Croissants are not a good idea, they are high in fat. I think Tara made some excellent points. The flavour thing is big. I really like flavour in my food, so I tend to make up lots of salads and I've got a packet of mixed Greek spices which I put onto my salads along with olive oil and some lemon juice and they taste delicious.

I would also recommend you check out books and look up recipes online for healthy eating. I know my library has a ton of books geared towards people who are trying to lose weight, with recipes low in fat and ones that have the calorie counts displayed on the page.

You also mentioned that you are depressed. Exercise is a good way of easing depression, I read. I think because when you exercise you release endorphins and they make you feel good. Maybe this is why you are overeating- because its a coping mechanism. It is most definitely possible to eat within an appropriate calorie range and still feel satisfied.

Avocadoes are actually very good for you. And nuts. I find it a bit contradictory that you say that guacamole and nuts are high in fat so you don't eat them, but then you eat a croissant? Avocadoes also have omega-3 and -6 fatty acids and those are healthy fats.

If you don't want to be tempted to eat bad food, don't buy it! When you go to the store, try to fill up your basket with as much healthy food as possible and don't even go down the aisles with croissants/mini pizzas/candy/cake etc junk food. And do your best to supplement your diet with exercise. It doesn't have to be lifting weights at a gym. You can go running in a park or even walking around your neighborhood.

Edited by CrystalCastles
  • Like 1

Then I had a croissant.

Try eating protein and fat before turning to carbs. You need carbs, but relying on carbs to feel satisfied often means overeating. Fat and protein provide that feeling of fullness.

Half a grapefruit + boiled egg + piece of whole grain toast. Butter on the toast is ok in my book, too.

As for snack, if you like spicy, do you like kimchi? I eat it every day and it is SO DELICIOUS, and it's basically cabbage.

If you just feel snacky, try chewing gum or sipping water with a squeeze of lime juice. Try to break the habit of eating constantly.

• Like 3
Clarence_Boddicker

Grapefruit is so so in my opinion. Try some of the safe natural sugar substitutes in tea. Xylol (sp) with fresh lemons makes great lemonade. There's teas that don't need sweeter. Oolong is great hot. I like the Celestial brand tropical cold brewed tea. It's red, fruity & sweet without sugar.

Clarence_Boddicker
Why thank you! :love::p:)

I am that weight because I also exercise. I'm not buff and I'm not a fan of lifting weights (although I used to do it 3x a week for the last two years) but I do love running and swimming and hiking, and I recently discovered that rock climbing is just the best. I supplement my diet with exercise at least a few days a week. I am not aiming to be buff, but my diet and exercise allows me to be very lean and strong.

Croissants are not a good idea, they are high in fat. I think Tara made some excellent points. The flavour thing is big. I really like flavour in my food, so I tend to make up lots of salads and I've got a packet of mixed Greek spices which I put onto my salads along with olive oil and some lemon juice and they taste delicious.

I would also recommend you check out books and look up recipes online for healthy eating. I know my library has a ton of books geared towards people who are trying to lose weight, with recipes low in fat and ones that have the calorie counts displayed on the page.

You also mentioned that you are depressed. Exercise is a good way of easing depression, I read. I think because when you exercise you release endorphins and they make you feel good. Maybe this is why you are overeating- because its a coping mechanism. It is most definitely possible to eat within an appropriate calorie range and still feel satisfied.

Avocadoes are actually very good for you. And nuts. I find it a bit contradictory that you say that guacamole and nuts are high in fat so you don't eat them, but then you eat a croissant? Avocadoes also have omega-3 and -6 fatty acids and those are healthy fats.

If you don't want to be tempted to eat bad food, don't buy it! When you go to the store, try to fill up your basket with as much healthy food as possible and don't even go down the aisles with croissants/mini pizzas/candy/cake etc junk food. And do your best to supplement your diet with exercise. It doesn't have to be lifting weights at a gym. You can go running in a park or even walking around your neighborhood.

Another congrats. I'm 6'1" and want to get down into the 130-140 lb range, like I was in high school. Any chance you could share some of your meal & portion size examples?

• Like 1

Clarence gave good suggestions although I don't know anyone who snacks on banana peppers, ouch.

I actually LOVE snacking on a pepperoncini or two. :D

A little bit spicy, and enough flavor to satisfy any odd craving I may have had when I know I'm not actually hungry.

Yogurt, granola bars, pickles are some more favorites for me.

I am NOT a big fan of fruits for snacking, especially apples. I find after I eat an apple, maybe 20 minutes later my stomach is growling and I am even hungrier than I was before :(

• Like 1
CrystalCastles
Another congrats. I'm 6'1" and want to get down into the 130-140 lb range, like I was in high school. Any chance you could share some of your meal & portion size examples?

I'd be happy to!

The portion size is tough because I don't usually measure anything, but I fill up a small bowl (the width of my face) of food usually, and that is one meal. In the morning, my breakfast is probably the fattiest meal of the day- either two slices of bread with a thin layer of cream cheese and tea, or cereal with milk. The cereal is oat flakes with freeze dried strawberries (its low in sugars and fats because its actually designed for people who want to lose weight, but I just like the taste). Occasionally I also eat oatmeal with a bit of milk, a teaspoon of brown sugar and nuts, or blueberries.

The rest of my meals typically include lots of salads. I eat maybe one salad a day, often two. I also like eating steamed broccoli, avocadoes either just cut up into pieces on a salad or I make guacamole and put it on a piece of bread. The bread I eat is whole wheat or the sprouted grain kind with lots of seeds like flax in it. Dessert is yoghurt or a bowl of blueberries (since they're in season right now!). I don't often have a sit-down dinner- its usually snacks like yoghurt, nuts, fruits and veggies and this is because I eat lunch late in the day and snack in between breakfast and lunch. I do eat meat and eggs usually at lunch or sometimes at dinner, but meat is always lean meat- fish (arctic salmon and cod are good, they are low in mercury unlike tuna for example) and chicken. I don't eat any other meat, no bacon, no ground beef etc. I also tend to go lower on carbs when I'm not working out a lot. My dad likes making curry so I put that on a small bowl of basmati rice. My mom also makes lots of soups so I eat those a lot as well, soups like vegetable soup or borsht (we're Russian, so we cook that a lot).

I don't eat cheese (besides cream cheese). I don't eat mayo either. I haven't had cookies in a month, never eat cake or ice cream, I don't drink alcohol. I don't eat processed food (like processed cheese slices or canned soup) and I rarely eat out. Generally I eat homemade food so I know where it comes from. I also rarely fry anything (typically fried food is usually meat but eggs I tend to eat hard boiled).

For drinks I love tea. I probably have four or five cups of tea a day, usually peppermint or fruit tea. I never drink sodas. I do love juice but I usually fill only half a cup with juice and then add water (since juice has high sugar). I also don't overeat- I eat until I'm satisfied and then I stop.

And this diet makes me feel fantastic! I have a lot of energy to go do things. I went swimming for an hour and a half yesterday. I hike on weekends or rock climb. I don't feel tired or lethargic. And I think my body looks great in a swimsuit. I don't have belly fat at all. I didn't always eat like this but I've been keeping this up for the past 10 years because my parents eat like this too. They had a lot of health issues so they turned to a more wholesome diet.

CrystalCastles
I actually LOVE snacking on a pepperoncini or two. :D

A little bit spicy, and enough flavor to satisfy any odd craving I may have had when I know I'm not actually hungry.

Yogurt, granola bars, pickles are some more favorites for me.

I am NOT a big fan of fruits for snacking, especially apples. I find after I eat an apple, maybe 20 minutes later my stomach is growling and I am even hungrier than I was before :(

Really? I can't not snack on apples. The fertile countryside is a short drive away from my city and the apples there are delicious! There is also tons of fresh berries at these farms right now. We have two huge bowls of blueberries in the fridge and they are heavenly! :love: Earlier we had strawberries. Mmm.

Granola bars are great! My favourite is by Kashi. The cherry and dark chocolate ones are great snacks for hikes.

And YES on the protein bits stated above.

Hardboiled eggs are amazing, and I can't believe I forgot them!!

Great minds think alike! I was busy writing my post below yours and I mentioned hardboiled eggs as well! :laugh:

Really? I can't not snack on apples. The fertile countryside is a short drive away from my city and the apples there are delicious! There is also tons of fresh berries at these farms right now. We have two huge bowls of blueberries in the fridge and they are heavenly! :love: Earlier we had strawberries. Mmm.

Granola bars are great! My favourite is by Kashi. The cherry and dark chocolate ones are great snacks for hikes.

Great minds think alike! I was busy writing my post below yours and I mentioned hardboiled eggs as well! :laugh:

Hehe, people think I'm nuts for my dislike of apples. My stomach just doesn't seem to like them sadly.

Now strawberries are a different story... I've been known to steal strawberries right off people's plates ;)

Your post above has me craving salad now, but I can't eat leafy greens due to medication interactions *grumbles*... perhaps a small one won't hurt :)

• Like 1
CrystalCastles
Hehe, people think I'm nuts for my dislike of apples. My stomach just doesn't seem to like them sadly.

Now strawberries are a different story... I've been known to steal strawberries right off people's plates ;)

Your post above has me craving salad now, but I can't eat leafy greens due to medication interactions *grumbles*... perhaps a small one won't hurt :)

Those medication restrictions suck! I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't eat salads anymore. :(

I forgot to mention one last thing, Ken. Another good snack I found was applesauce. The kind I buy is Mott's Fruitsations, either Unsweetened Country Berry or Unsweetened Strawberry Kiwi. They're convenient for me to take to school. Plain applesauce is great too. Its a good way of satisfying a sweets craving without actually turning to junk like candy, cake, sodas etc.

• Like 1
Clarence_Boddicker
I'd be happy to!

The portion size is tough because I don't usually measure anything, but I fill up a small bowl (the width of my face) of food usually, and that is one meal. In the morning, my breakfast is probably the fattiest meal of the day- either two slices of bread with a thin layer of cream cheese and tea, or cereal with milk. The cereal is oat flakes with freeze dried strawberries (its low in sugars and fats because its actually designed for people who want to lose weight, but I just like the taste). Occasionally I also eat oatmeal with a bit of milk, a teaspoon of brown sugar and nuts, or blueberries.

The rest of my meals typically include lots of salads. I eat maybe one salad a day, often two. I also like eating steamed broccoli, avocadoes either just cut up into pieces on a salad or I make guacamole and put it on a piece of bread. The bread I eat is whole wheat or the sprouted grain kind with lots of seeds like flax in it. Dessert is yoghurt or a bowl of blueberries (since they're in season right now!). I don't often have a sit-down dinner- its usually snacks like yoghurt, nuts, fruits and veggies and this is because I eat lunch late in the day and snack in between breakfast and lunch. I do eat meat and eggs usually at lunch or sometimes at dinner, but meat is always lean meat- fish (arctic salmon and cod are good, they are low in mercury unlike tuna for example) and chicken. I don't eat any other meat, no bacon, no ground beef etc. I also tend to go lower on carbs when I'm not working out a lot. My dad likes making curry so I put that on a small bowl of basmati rice. My mom also makes lots of soups so I eat those a lot as well, soups like vegetable soup or borsht (we're Russian, so we cook that a lot).

I don't eat cheese (besides cream cheese). I don't eat mayo either. I haven't had cookies in a month, never eat cake or ice cream, I don't drink alcohol. I don't eat processed food (like processed cheese slices or canned soup) and I rarely eat out. Generally I eat homemade food so I know where it comes from. I also rarely fry anything (typically fried food is usually meat but eggs I tend to eat hard boiled).

For drinks I love tea. I probably have four or five cups of tea a day, usually peppermint or fruit tea. I never drink sodas. I do love juice but I usually fill only half a cup with juice and then add water (since juice has high sugar). I also don't overeat- I eat until I'm satisfied and then I stop.

And this diet makes me feel fantastic! I have a lot of energy to go do things. I went swimming for an hour and a half yesterday. I hike on weekends or rock climb. I don't feel tired or lethargic. And I think my body looks great in a swimsuit. I don't have belly fat at all. I didn't always eat like this but I've been keeping this up for the past 10 years because my parents eat like this too. They had a lot of health issues so they turned to a more wholesome diet.

Thanks for the info. I was expecting to hear a crazy 800 calorie diet.

Borscht is so awesome. I had never tried it until I started working with Ukrainians. I love their home fermented pickles & cold picked tomatoes. I've got to learn Russian or Western Ukrainian so I can get some recipes.

Processed foods, wheat & soda are food vices I need to stop.

I feel your pain. I can't imagine not being able to eat a lot of veggies anymore. I love green leaf & romain lettuce. Hopefully they'll come out with a blood thinner that is compatible with veggies.

I love biting into a full banana pepper, getting the crunch & the tangy brine inside.

Strawberries are so great, even frozen.

• Like 1
  • Author

Thanks everyone for your continuing input!

Truth be told, I took a nutrition course in college in 2012 and got an A. I know reasonably well what's good for me and what isn't and I absolutely concur, avoiding nuts and avos in favor of a croissant is ridiculous! It's just that the croissant was there and I had a craving. I usually don't eat them and I knew full well as I was heating it how bad for me it is.

What spurred this whole thread was I was going shopping. I knew I wanted to buy some easy, hopefully long-shelf-life snack foods so was looking for ideas. All that kept popping into my mind was rice cakes, and they are just starch too.

I had very good success losing weight back in 2007 after my first wife passed. I was free to cook what I wanted and was a bit depressed then too, so didn't want to get fancy. I often just ate salads or a protein with a quick veggie side. That said, I did learn in the nutrition class that carbs (mainly starches) are important to a body, and are the primary source of fuel, so they were advocating getting plenty in a diet. Finally, I know that fats have the highest calorie count per gram compared to proteins or carbs...but they also are less dense so the same gram count is actually more bulk (like my spurious reasoning?)

Since carbs and proteins have the same number of calories per gram, choosing between the two for snacking is a toss-up. Reducing the starches makes a lot of sense for losing weight because...well...since they are fuel, it makes sense they would make me fat.

I think it is psychological and maybe what I need can't come from the store. Maybe it needs to come from inside me. My depression will pass (it has already gotten a lot less) and obviously I'm aware of my problem enough to talk about it.

I really do appreciate you all taking the time to talk to me about this, you're awesome! :)

Ken

CrystalCastles
Thanks for the info. I was expecting to hear a crazy 800 calorie diet.

Borscht is so awesome. I had never tried it until I started working with Ukrainians. I love their home fermented pickles & cold picked tomatoes. I've got to learn Russian or Western Ukrainian so I can get some recipes.

Oh no! I've never had to diet or count calories.

Mm I do love borscht. Sometimes I put in a little sour cream in it. I also like ukha, which is soup with fish in it.

I agree, but you can start by substituting those unhealthy options with healthier ones. It's hard to do a 180 and change your diet completely so by starting small like whole wheat bread instead of white, or fruit juice instead of soda is a good start.

And Ken you probably already know this but with carbs, try going for complex ones because they burn slower, rather than simple ones.

TaraMaiden2

Ken, do you actually enjoy cooking?

I mean, do you look forward to being creative, trying different dishes, new flavours, recipes.... or do you just cook because you need to eat?

TaraMaiden2

No, don't.... Honestly?

I make my own Kimchi all the time, and fermented pickles, using good-quality spring water and raw, unprocessed rock-salt.

The whole process is just amazing, from start to finish. I even brined my own frankfurters - honestly, the flavour is amazing!

I found many of the recipes I use, on line.

It's important to keep everything really clean, and use good quality ingredients - but the whole thing is just great from start to finish....

You'll learn everything you need to know, on-line...

I eat a lot of whole-grain rice noodles, and beanstarch noodles. I also eat the new and trendy 'zero-calorie' Shirataki noodles, made from the root of the Konjaku plant...

(The article is actually a good and honest profile. Surprising, from the Daily Mail - ! :D )

I feel your pain. I can't imagine not being able to eat a lot of veggies anymore. I love green leaf & romain lettuce. Hopefully they'll come out with a blood thinner that is compatible with veggies.

I love the crunch of iceberg lettuce. It's a nice contrast to other foods, and it's great, pickled (fermented, in salt!)

regine_phalange

Even though I'm not even overweight I'm a fatty at heart. When I'm not very happy I tend to eat. I also have a low willpower when it comes to food so I just don't buy fancy stuff.

Now that it's summer time here in Greece and really hot, I can't really eat normal food. And my doctor advised me to avoid lots of meat, fish and eggs due to a health problem. So I live on snacks and I've become kind of a vegetarian out of necessity.

Some snacks I like at the moment:

- Sweet potato fries. I eat this often as a main dish because it's filling for me, tasty, and nutritious. I add some carrots in there because I love how sweet they become.

- Greek yoghurt-feta cheese dip (you just mix these two ingredients with some olive oil and pepper) and long slices of cucumber to dive into the dip.

- Yoghurt with pear or fuji apple. Yum.

- Ntakos. I eat this as a main dish too.

Also, how do you feel about drinking instead of eating? My current favourite is a flavoured sparkling water with mastic and mint. No sugar. When I go to the supermarket I pick many of these waters and then because I can't carry many bags (where is a man when you need him? :mad:) I end up not buying lots of food.

Try and make some homemade Kale chips. Lots of different recipes online and don't be worried about it the recipes calls for lots of cheese or any other high fat ingredients. Its the carbs that make you gain weight.

• Author
Ken, do you actually enjoy cooking?

I mean, do you look forward to being creative, trying different dishes, new flavours, recipes.... or do you just cook because you need to eat?

I'll tell you Tara, I enjoy cooking when it's for someone special. I don't enjoy the act of cooking just for what it is. I enjoy the satisfaction of it turning out just so and making someone happy (oddly, the satisfaction is minimal if it's just my own happiness.)

I do enjoy the creativeness and the science of it. I love to try new things. Plywoof, I think I'll try those kale chips because at work someone brought some in (from Costco) and when I tried them they were disgusting! But I couldn't stop eating them LOL. They grew on me and I know Kale is a good veggie.

Regine, thanks for the snack ideas! I especially like your yoghurt-Feta dip!

CC, again, thanks! :)

Phoe, I'm sorry about your restrictions. That is rough! One thing I used to do when I was getting my family's snacks made was cut an apple and an orange into thirds. Put a third of each in a bag with a handful of blueberries, pomegranate seeds or cut-up strawberries. We each got one and I used to love it! I didn't feel it sustained me for long either, but at least it was healthy. I remember taking this to college and sitting down between classes and savoring that I had this delicious fruit and was improving myself too!

Also, how do you feel about drinking instead of eating?

Oh, don't get me going! :p

TaraMaiden2
3 square meals, try to eat them in an 8 hour period. Forget snacks.

Bad advice.