Temperature (hot/cold) Sensitivity....???

For the past 2 years or so....I have noticed that I am getting very sensitive to BIG temperature changes in the weather/seasons.

Before this...I used to be able to tolerate temperature/season changes easily.

I would snowboard in the winter in 35-45 degree weather NO PROBLEM and than go fishing in the summer in 90-100 degree weather NO PROBLEM.

Now...it seems like I can only handle 75-85 degrees only. Anything colder or hotter and I feel really uncomfortable. Like...I would feel I have to wear a sweater if its too cold or I would have to wear a tank top and shorts if its too hot. I quit snowboarding and fishing because of this.

Should I be concerned....???

Age maybe..?? I'm only 30 yrs old.

Do you live/work in an environment where temperature is controlled much? I use very little central heating on purpose. Also try to avoid aircon as much as possible and I underdress for temperature tolerating some discomfort. This means I'm reasonably temperature tolerant. 42 years old

I'm 45 and I have gotten very sensitive to hot, but not to cold. I am not looking forward to our upcoming family vacation to a hot climate as much as I should, and feel bad for wanting to stay in with the AC most of the time, while hubby and kids do outdoor things.

At home this spring, I'm always opening all the windows to make it cool and breezy, and the rest of the family kept closing them and saying it's too cold!

• 2 weeks later...

I know exactly what you mean. I've become oversensitive to cold especially. I also have fibromyalgia which causes oversensitivies and pain. Even a light, cool breeze can feel uncomfortabe to me so a cold draught is really bad. Few people understand which makes it even harder. People open and close the windows at work and don't understand why I keep my jumper on or sometimes even put a coat on. The cold is torture to me and winter makes life almost unbearable. I play a musical instrument and if I go out somewhere to play in winter, it takes almost an hour at the venue for my hands to feel warm enough to play. Others don't seem to have this problem. Draughts in venues also make it miserable for me. Sometimes I think it would be better if I was dead, then I wouldn't have to bear this oversensitivity.

It could be you're getting older, or it could be you're not letting yourself get used to the temperatures by avoiding them and spending too much time in climate controlled environments. The more time I spend outdoors, the more tolerable I am to harsh conditions.

For an activity like snowboarding, 35-45 degrees F isn't very cold, so that is indeed strange. Those are temperatures I'm regularly breaking a sweat in on the mountain, although the first few times it hits the 20s it takes a little getting used to.

Could it be your choice in clothing or gear? Changing that up has a big effect on what remains tolerable in the outdoors.

whichwayisup
For the past 2 years or so....I have noticed that I am getting very sensitive to BIG temperature changes in the weather/seasons.

Before this...I used to be able to tolerate temperature/season changes easily.

I would snowboard in the winter in 35-45 degree weather NO PROBLEM and than go fishing in the summer in 90-100 degree weather NO PROBLEM.

Now...it seems like I can only handle 75-85 degrees only. Anything colder or hotter and I feel really uncomfortable. Like...I would feel I have to wear a sweater if its too cold or I would have to wear a tank top and shorts if its too hot. I quit snowboarding and fishing because of this.

Should I be concerned....???

Age maybe..?? I'm only 30 yrs old.

It's called getting older! :D This just happens. But, if you're concerned get a check up with your Dr just to be at peace of mind.