I just turned 50 years old. I have always had a trim and firm figure. I have never had to really work at it much, just stayed active, dancing, softball, bowling , walking and so on.

I am 5'2" and I currently weigh 133. My weight has always stayed around 120 but I feel I definitely look better at 133, more curvy and such.

Here is my problem, anytime I get above 120, I get cottage cheese looking areas on my body, mostly my stomach, arms and thighs. I HATE THIS!

If I drop my weight back down to 120 it goes away but I look stick thin. I HATE THAT TOO!

Is there anything I can do to stay at 130 and not look like a cheese curdle?

When I went thru the "Change" in life cycle, Things went in directions that gravity controlled!

My goal has been - to keep a healthy diet, exercise and let the flab fall where it may. My BP is good, and my attitude is right. The cellulite and I have grown to co exist.

Certain foods Lessen the effect- ( carrot juice with vinegar)- Sounds nasty yet oddly it dissipates the cellulite fest!

• Like 2
thefooloftheyear
I just turned 50 years old. I have always had a trim and firm figure. I have never had to really work at it much, just stayed active, dancing, softball, bowling , walking and so on.

I am 5'2" and I currently weigh 133. My weight has always stayed around 120 but I feel I definitely look better at 133, more curvy and such.

Here is my problem, anytime I get above 120, I get cottage cheese looking areas on my body, mostly my stomach, arms and thighs. I HATE THIS!

If I drop my weight back down to 120 it goes away but I look stick thin. I HATE THAT TOO!

Is there anything I can do to stay at 130 and not look like a cheese curdle?

If you don't already weight train...start doing it...;)

TFY

• Like 5
loveweary11

Stay skinny.

I used to worry about being too thin back when I was younger, then something dawned on me as i looked at all the fat older people... and just about everyone gains weight as they age. I thought to myself, "I've got my whole life to get fat... why worry about it?"

And it's true.

I used to be too skinny, but now at an older age, I'm just right.

Say skinny and age into the weight you want without putting on false pounds that produce the cottage cheese look.

• Like 2

It's partly age, thinning skin.

We lose muscle naturally as we age, so even if your weight stays constant, a greater proportion will be fat. Build muscle to avoid looking too skinny, and you might feel comfortable about losing some fat (and cellulite with it).

• Like 4
Hopeful714

I agree with the staying thin. I am 5'4, fit , and flux between 112 and 120. I always notice the cellulite more at a higher weight.

Ever hear of dry brushing your bod? Look it up.it's supposed to stimulate lymphatic drainage and improve the appearance of the cellulite. Does it work? Maybe I'm just imagining things but I'd say yea....somewhat. And regardless it feels good!

But ill be buying the carrot juice for a back up! :)

Hopeful714

I agree with the staying thin. I am 5'4, fit , and flux between 112 and 120. I always notice the cellulite more at a higher weight.

Ever hear of dry brushing your bod? Look it up.it's supposed to stimulate lymphatic drainage and improve the appearance of the cellulite. Does it work? Maybe I'm just imagining things but I'd say yea....somewhat. And regardless it feels good!

But ill be buying the carrot juice for a back up! :)

• Like 1

Weight training as another poster said and a protein rich diet. You can replace some muscle at least, a protein rich diet is also good for your nails and hair - or at least has been good for me.

Staying 'thin' can make older people look terrible. You also need to think about osteoporosis. Resistance training is key, ideally best to start in your 20s or 30s but it still isn't too late.