Do some people really think its okay to comment on someone weight gain?

Mizz Layta

One of my co worker pointed out that I had put on weight in front of other 2 co workers that she works with on her overnight shifts. Then she was like ``Canadians don't want to be told ``with smile on her face.

Obviously I was offended by her comment and I told her that she should never tell anyone that they put on weight. Then she was like what with surprised expression then I told her that I was hurt by her comment. Then she was ``i`m sorry, why didn't you tell me ``?like wtf how could she not know that ?

whenever she sees me she always say good morning,hi etc and I answer back just to be polite. However, we were very friendly towards each other before the incident but after her comment I haven't felt the same way about her and I have no interest in talking to her. I have lost the weight I gained since. Not that it matters anyways

So was she just playing dumb and knew deep down that no one wants to be told that they gained weight? Are they people who think nothing about commenting on someone weight gain?

Maleficent

If she thinks it's innocent to tell someone they've gained weight - in front of others no less - she needs to rethink her social skills.

As if one doesn't notice when their pants fit tighter or they have to go shop for larger size, other people have to point it out to them.

sheesh

• Like 1
One of my co worker pointed out that I had put on weight in front of other 2 co workers that she works with on her overnight shifts. Then she was like ``Canadians don't want to be told ``with smile on her face.

Obviously I was offended by her comment and I told her that she should never tell anyone that they put on weight. Then she was like what with surprised expression then I told her that I was hurt by her comment. Then she was ``i`m sorry, why didn't you tell me ``?like wtf how could she not know that ?

whenever she sees me she always say good morning,hi etc and I answer back just to be polite. However, we were very friendly towards each other before the incident but after her comment I haven't felt the same way about her and I have no interest in talking to her. I have lost the weight I gained since. Not that it matters anyways

So was she just playing dumb and knew deep down that no one wants to be told that they gained weight? Are they people who think nothing about commenting on someone weight gain?

If that took place in work then it is a bullying/harrassment issue and should be escalated to HR immediately.

• Like 3

Some folks have zero restraint .

I usually tell them, Thanks for pointing out the obvious! Now if you'll excuse me I have obviously mistook you for being polite. My Bad!

• Like 3
Michelle ma Belle

Oh boy...wouldn't you love to wrap your fingers around their necks and just squeeeeeeze?? :p

Unfortunately some people have no filter but mostly they're just flat out rude.

As much as I hate to admit this, I have found that when women are the ones pointing out the obvious they're often times doing out of spite rather than genuine concern and/or ignorance. This is especially true when weight is the issue, gaining or losing.

• Like 2
Are they people who think nothing about commenting on someone weight gain?

Uh, yeah. My mother is one of those people who feels free to voice their (usually very negative) opinion about other people's weight, apparel choices, amount of makeup, hairstyle, child-rearing skills, you name it. Mother's Day lunch at a local restaurant yesterday was an ongoing commentary about every person that passed by. Fortunately, I had friends in junior high 40 years ago that set me straight on how normal people treat others. I can't figure out if she's just a sadistic toxic person or has an extreme level of insecurity. Either way, being around her is very difficult for me and I know it hurts her that I avoid contact, but self-preservation is a pretty strong instinct....

• Like 1