6 hour sleep "more satisfying" than 8?

Johnsmith1003

What gives? I have been getting upwards of 7-9 hours of sleep for frankly my whole life since I can remember. But waking up, I feel groggy with muscles fatigued and pained. This became a normal morning. Why is it that getting 6 hours of sleep now completely eradicates those problems? I wake up refreshed and more importantly, soothed. Not in pain. It's a little tough grasping the concept that less is more now.

If your muscles are aching after sleeping for 7 hours you probably need to look into getting a better mattress and a pillow that fits your sleep posture.

That aside, if sleeping 6 hours a day works for you, well, why not? Medical professionals recommend sleeping 8 hours a day, but everyone is different, and anyway lots of people aren't getting 8 hours a day.

• Like 4

Health Alert: Study says 6-8 hours of sleep reduces stroke risk

Too much bad, too little bad, 6-8hrs = good according to this study.

• Like 1
  • Author
Johnsmith1003
If your muscles are aching after sleeping for 7 hours you probably need to look into getting a better mattress and a pillow that fits your sleep posture.

I have a memory foam. Seems to feel great but maybe not the "best" per se, but definitely better than spring. I shudder the thought.

That aside, if sleeping 6 hours a day works for you, well, why not?.

Mostly because I had the same adverse effects when I tried getting only 6 in my earlier years. Now it virtually switched.

Mostly because I had the same adverse effects when I tried getting only 6 in my earlier years. Now it virtually switched.

crosswordfiend
Health Alert: Study says 6-8 hours of sleep reduces stroke risk

Too much bad, too little bad, 6-8hrs = good according to this study.

This was an observational study so it's useless to generalize. Correlation does not equal causation.

Varies for different people.

I like my full 8. Less than that, on a consistent basis, and I start getting drained real quick.

Varies for different people.

I like my full 8. Less than that, on a consistent basis, and I start getting drained real quick.

indeed, and on wknds i shoot for 9-10 hrs

indeed, and on wknds i shoot for 9-10 hrs

I still end up with about 8 on my days off. MAYBE 9... my body just wakes up... it's quite irritating to wake up on your day off and the sun still hasn't risen, lol.