How many times a week do you go to the gym?

Harold of Andraste

Not enough :(

I would love to have a better body but it's hard to find the motivation to go to the gym on a regular basis.

deathandtaxes

I usually hit my local YMCA five times a week. And another night a week I'll take a dance class in a dance studio. I hit the major muscle groups once a week, go to yoga class twice a week, do some cardio every time I'm at the Y, and weather permitting, like to hit up some local hiking trails in city parks.

My work outs aren't extravagantly long. I'm not trying to get huge, just love the weights and doing what I want to do. Same with cardio. Nothing crazy. Some pre-workout cardio and some post-workout cardio. Fifteen and Seventeen minutes, respectively. The time doing weights depends on the day. Yoga and dance are great, and an awesome way to mix things up. So even though I'm active five or six days a week, I'm not feeling bored and enjoying myself a lot.

Most of the time I worked out at home. In my middle years almost entirely at home. Early in my days 70/30 at home. Since meeting my GF it has flip flopped from still mostly at home to 5 or 6 days a week at the gym. On average since with her 3 days a week at the gym, 2 at home. She for the most part was 6 days a week for years but 4 or 5 now a days (except just recovering from injury so less lately and more at home which she rarely did). We did not even go to the same gym most of the time.

If she goes less often so does her friend and so do I. I am very happy just to do my thing at home. Shes got to be at the gym.

I work with a trainer once a week for strength training then do treadmill 3x a week trying to build some cardio endurance.

I do boxing three times a week (1.5 hrs each), one game of soccer and do bodyweight exercises one day of the week, would like to add in something to improve my joints somehow (yoga? )

• Like 1
44caliberloveletter

7 days a week, sometimes twice a day. I have a terrible obsession/preoccupation with my body and working out, honestly. I know when enough is enough, but it's hard to stop.

I would say 8 times a week working out - either in home gym or at outside gym. Twice a week it is two times a day morning then evening (4), 4 days once day, one day off.

However if I am injured or sick or traveling it can go down to 4 times a week.

No gym, but I work out 3 times a week, sometimes 4. I run or do Focus T25 (the latter more often lately).

I also walk my dog 2 miles every day.

2-3 times a week, I do aim for 3 and manage that often. Hardly ever get to 4. Spend about an hour or so each time, I get bored doing more than that. Besides, train smart and train hard, rather than train long ;) and I don't 'work out'.

I walk a lot, don't own a car and love walking. That's every day.

• Like 1

I go about 6-7 days a week at the YMCA. I go for basketball. And then weight training. But now since I am going Super Saiyan, I do my Insanity workouts again. I'll do that in the morning, and then un the day, strength train. Its very strenuous but I know when and when not to push it.

30 Minutes every weekday at 6.30AM. I do weights till failure, get home, take a shower and go to work knowing that I've got it out of the way.

I'm certainly not bulked up but I'm pretty lean and where I want to be. I know there are guys that go 6+ times a week for many hours and still look fat and ugly as fk.

• 3 weeks later...
whirl3daway

I go to the gym 3x a week, about 2 hours a pop. I powerlift, and do the least amount of cardio possible, along with foam rolling.

Lift 2-3 hours 7 days a week, run 3 days a week, bike 2 days a week. Walk around 3.5 miles a day. Take 2-3 rest days a month.

Eighty_nine

Lately 6 days a week for an hour or more. It's starting to make me feel so tired all the time and I'm wondering if I'm pushing myself too hard.

I don't.

I train 5 days a week though, I do judo and kickboxing 3-4 days a week, train with kettlebells (I have my own) 1 day a week and run the other day. I have the weekend off as I'm shattered by Friday evening.

I take a week off every 3 months too as I find it really helps.

loveweary11

Not enough free time to go to a gym.

All workouts done at home on dumbbells. 3-4 days a week.

Lots of walking and carrying heavy stuff.

thefooloftheyear

I go prob 5-6 times a week...But my workouts are very intense and last 45 min to an hour-max. Because of my size, people think I live in the gym, but in reality I spend a lot less time in the gym than a lot of others that don't look like they train at all..:laugh:

It does help that I lead a very physical life..I regularly throw around stuff that weighs more than 100# sometimes all day long...Its nice because I never have to waste any time warming up before hitting the gym....Ive been warming up all day...:laugh:

TFY

ascendotum
Lift 2-3 hours 7 days a week, run 3 days a week, bike 2 days a week. Walk around 3.5 miles a day. Take 2-3 rest days a month.

Gee, I couldn't do that without getting sick from over training. I used to go 7 days a week and then get cfs and get wiped out for months. I now go 3 days a week in summer to 5 in winter. No more then 1.5 hrs lifting