Radiofrequency For Facial Rejuvenation

Radiofrequency (RF) energy treatment is technology for non-surgical tightening of the early signs of loose or sagging skin; ideal for those people who either don’t want, or don’t believe they are old enough to have a surgical procedure.

Anyone tried it? Either the procedure or having an equipment at home? Apparently there is one called Newa that allows you to do this yourself.

I have tried something similar--though it included IPL, so it's not exactly identical.

My skin clinician bought a Fotofacial machine and in a promotion, gave everyone one free session.

It worked.

I don't have loose skin (yet) but it tightened what I do have and increased collagen using RF and IPL.

If collagen production is a feature of this Newa treatment, go for it.

After about 6 weeks the difference was amazing.

If you don't try just RF, look for Fotofacial providers.

You want to die from the pain afterwards but pop a painkiller beforehand and you're golden.

Edited by cerridwen
  • Like 1

Red light therapy works wonders on more than just joint pain and muscles, that same light reduces lines through the increase of blood flow and production of collagen.

You can go to a dermatologist or cosmetic surgeon or simply purchase your own for home use.

• Like 1

Answering your question Emilia :)

Done mine RFs at a dermatologist. Usually they will recommend a series of sessions. I did my face, especially around the eyes where lines appear the most. There is somewhat a lift (to the eyes etc), however you have to turn up for multiple sessions. More of maintenance beauty regime.

• Like 1

I have done Accent, Velashape and Exilis on back of thighs/buttocks. Velapshape = no change

Accent = (6 sessions) = minimal improvement on buttock; no other improvement; It could get uncomfortable if practitioner lingered to long in an area but in general it was very tolerable.

Exilis = (5 of 6 sessions) = couldn't get thru 5th treatment. Too painful! saw no improvement. This coming from a person that has had everything "alazed"!

All procedures done at cosmetic surgeons offices. All highly rated physicians.

On face I have done IPLs for veins (works great but they can and usually do come back over time); glycolic peels (sun damage); more topical crap then I care to rattle off but not drug store (i.e., Obagi; retina, retinol, vitamin C, etc.) I use LED for home therapy. Red/Blue and Green. The green light does seem to even out the redness but I can't say I notice much from the other two. Have been using over 7 months consistently. Now trying derma-needling. Ultheraphy appears most useful in tightening along jawline. Not so much for midface area though. It's a one shot (or two) deal. You will need someone to take you to/from that appointment. Been to a few docs about it...results aren't consistent enough for me to put out that much money.

If you haven't done so already do a few consults with reputable docs. In addition to getting information about what their preferred RF tool is you may also find that what you have going on right now isn't so much sagging but sinking (volume loss). If that is the case you could play with the home RF device and use money at the docs for fillers. They may also offer the topicals that are known to help with wrinkles and collagen production.

Edited by Allumere
  • Like 1
  • Author

This is awesome ladies, thank you so much! Some research to do at the weekend!

I have not had any consultation with anyone yet, literally have just started looking into this. I'm 42, obviously have been noticing signs of aging but it's now that it started bothering me enough to try to do something about it. Without surgery though.

A lot of cosmetic treatments depend on the skill of the practitioner. Also, too often when a doc has invested a lot of money in a laser, for example, he will say it can fix one type of problem, when it's really better for a different type. Do your research on skincare forums.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • Author

So until now I was doing LED red light therapy, had my first radiofrequency session today. It hurt a bit. Not too bad but it is supposed to get hot enough to stimulate collagen production and you have to fight the primal urge to pull away when it starts hurting.

Anyone else tried it? I'm going go try 5 more sessions, perhaps fortnightly. NOT looking forward to having it around the eyes - though apparently the fact that I'm really responsive to it is a good sign.