What is worst Drinking or Smoking Pot

I would like to see what everyone thinks about these two items. I personally have not seen a sign that says DONT SMOKE AND DRIVE. However I have seen what alcohol has done to many many people. From winding up in bed with a stranger to killing an entire family. What say you people?

I think they are both bad and I would never do either. I guess drinking is ok if it's done in moderation, because it is LEGAL. Smoking pot, though, is not legal, so to me if someone does that, it is worse than drinking. That's just how I feel.

Drinking.

Drinking can kill you.

There's nothing wrong with cannabis, and it just goes to show how sometimes laws are totally arbitrary.

• Author

Interesting. Do you think drinking should be illegal? It is very dangerous when abuse and has been abused by many.

Originally posted by jvjrose

Do you think drinking should be illegal?

No.

It is very dangerous when abuse and has been abused by many.

Yeah, but dude--individual liberty.

I think we should focus on making people less likely to abuse alcohol.

Someone recorded Stevie Ray Vaughan's story at an AAA meeting, and as unethical as that probably is, I certainly won't be drinking. However, if conditions were right, I knew I wouldn't be endangering anyone, and I didn't have anything big to do the next day, I'd smoke a little pot, sure.

• Author

But it is aparent that society cannot get it together when it comes to behaving with alcohol. Should there be a license you need to purchase alcohol to prevent people who prove they are not responsible enough to handle alcohol be enforced instead of letting them ruin their lives and the lives of others possibly?

Originally posted by cateinaus

Ever heard of drug induced mental illnesses? It happens!

With marijuana? I'm intrigued.

Originally posted by jvjrose

But it is aparent that society cannot get it together when it comes to behaving with alcohol. Should there be a license you need to purchase alcohol to prevent people who prove they are not responsible enough to handle alcohol be enforced instead of letting them ruin their lives and the lives of others possibly?

I said no.

Originally posted by honey2005

I'm completely against drugs unless they're used for medical purposes (yes, including marijuana).

All drugs? What about caffeine?

Face it, legality is subjective. People are using scare tactics to discourage marijuana. In fact, the very name 'marijuana' is a scare tactic--people figured mexican names were spookier.

• Author

I think if you are a proven alcoholic, you should be stopped. You are out of control and dangerous. I am running for president!! or something

would like to see what everyone thinks about these two items. I personally have not seen a sign that says DONT SMOKE AND DRIVE.

Pot does impair motor coordination and reaction time, so it is dangerous when driving, like alcohol. Hopefully you're not smoking and driving :confused:.

Drinking.

Drinking can kill you.

Pot can kill you, too. Marijuana smoke has a high toxicity, which can cause cancer, pregnancy complications, etc., just like cigarette smoke. That's why they've resorted to giving most patients the THC needed from it through an inhaler, sparing their lungs.

Pot, even though most people say it doesn't, is a gateway drug that may lead to stronger, more dangerous ones like cocaine and heroin.

Marijuana isn't spooky because it's a Mexican word, it's spooky because it alters your state of mind, is illegal, and is dangerous.

• Author
Originally posted by honey2005

Pot does impair motor coordination and reaction time, so it is dangerous when driving, like alcohol. Hopefully you're not smoking and driving :confused:.

Pot can kill you, too. Marijuana smoke has a high toxicity, which can cause cancer, pregnancy complications, etc., just like cigarette smoke. That's why they've resorted to giving most patients the THC needed from it through an inhaler, sparing their lungs.

Pot, even though most people say it doesn't, is a gateway drug that may lead to stronger, more dangerous ones like cocaine and heroin.

Marijuana isn't spooky because it's a Mexican word, it's spooky because it alters your state of mind, is illegal, and is dangerous.

So alcohol is cool because it is legal? It does everything you said pot does, except it is just for some reason, legal. What is the difference?

I didn't say alcohol was ok. You already seem to know all the negative points about drinking, I was just pointing out some about smoking pot.

pot = brain damage

alcohol = liver damage and eventually brain damage. If you don't die from liver damage then eventually you will also get brain damage.

Yes MJ can induce mental illnesses and once it does, there is no return.

Alcohol does do damage to the body including the brain. Who gives a toss what is legal, you need to think for yourself.

Yes MJ can induce mental illnesses and once it does, there is no return.

I haven't heard about that, but I do know it can cause mild hallucinations.

mj in moderation is not bad for you.

That's like saying cigarettes in moderation aren't bad for you. Both can cause lung cancer, among other things.

When I say it can cause these things I am not saying it because it is my point of view but it is known fact in the medical circle.

When I say it can cause these things I am not saying it because it is my point of view but it is known fact in the medical circle.

I wasn't saying it was your point of view. I just thought it was interesting.

Sorry if I came accross like I was having a go at you......I just thought that I would clarify why I know about the problems associated with drugs/alcohol.

:cool: