Feet hurt during workouts

compulsivedancer

Whenever I do workouts where I'm wearing sneakers, my feet hurt. The rest of my body is still going strong and my feet just crap out on me. I've never been much of a sneaker person, so I don't know if I just need to get used to wearing them, or if I need to spend some money on some good insoles. I've tried insoles in the past and I didn't care for them, but I have a lot nicer sneakers now (running shoes, to be exact).

Whenever I do workouts where I'm wearing sneakers, my feet hurt. The rest of my body is still going strong and my feet just crap out on me. I've never been much of a sneaker person, so I don't know if I just need to get used to wearing them, or if I need to spend some money on some good insoles. I've tried insoles in the past and I didn't care for them, but I have a lot nicer sneakers now (running shoes, to be exact).

You gotta try different types of insoles.

When I wear just my normal sneakers without insoles, they hurt after a while.

I have a certain type of insoles that I like, but there are other kinds that I can't stand.

Go to a shoe store and try a bunch of different types until you find the right kind of arch support, heel support, cushion, firmness, whatever you are looking for until your feet finally feel good in your shoes.

• Like 2

I can't give good advice on this, but if you're feet hurt I wouldn't mind massaging them :love:

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear

I have a certain type of insoles that I like, but there are other kinds that I can't stand.

Go to a shoe store and try a bunch of different types until you find the right kind of arch support, heel support, cushion, firmness, whatever you are looking for until your feet finally feel good in your shoes.

This..^^^

Dont go cheap...and you may need to see a foot doctor about this..It mgiht require a special sneaker or insole...Dont eff with this..You can cause other damage to other parts of your body when you are compensating..

TFY

• Author
compulsivedancer
Obviously, you are dancing too much.

That must be it. Except it only hurts when I dance in sneakers. :(

• Author
compulsivedancer

My problem is, I haven't worn sneakers enough in my life to know what they SHOULD feel like. I was amazed how comfortable these were. Growing up I always had crappy cheap sneakers, so I never wore them.

But, alas, it's always about 30 minutes in, my arches start hurting bad, almost like my feet are cramping, but not quite to that extent.

If the arch of your feet hurt, it may be Plantar Fasciitis.

I have it. It sucks.

Personally I'm not a big fan of wearing sneakers with too much support. It makes your feet muscles lazy.

Many people run hitting the ground with their heals first and this is why they need support' from their shoes.

You're supposed to run on your toes, your heals barely touching the ground.

I do most of my cross training barefoot at home.

My problem is, I haven't worn sneakers enough in my life to know what they SHOULD feel like. I was amazed how comfortable these were. Growing up I always had crappy cheap sneakers, so I never wore them.

But, alas, it's always about 30 minutes in, my arches start hurting bad, almost like my feet are cramping, but not quite to that extent.

Are they new? Maybe you just need to break them in?

• Author
compulsivedancer
Are they new? Maybe you just need to break them in?

Fairly new, but how would that help?

This is a different direction than insoles--but are you properly hydrating? I know in spin class when my feet ache, I know to hydrate.

I have flat feet. They cramp like crazy while doing anything physical. After years of enduring this I've gotten to the point where I'm almost used to it. I don't even really think about it.

Have you gone to the doctor to see if you have flat feet? Mine aren't super bad (they have a bit of an arch, not like some peoples that are FLAT) and I never knew it until about 13 or so cause they seemed fine in the arch.

I have flat feet. They cramp like crazy while doing anything physical. After years of enduring this I've gotten to the point where I'm almost used to it. I don't even really think about it.

Have you gone to the doctor to see if you have flat feet? Mine aren't super bad (they have a bit of an arch, not like some peoples that are FLAT) and I never knew it until about 13 or so cause they seemed fine in the arch.

Sorry to tj--a friend of mine has extremely flat feet as well. She wears ortho heels and helps tremendously.

You need to invest some time and money in shoes that properly support your feet from the get go then hopefully they break in to be at the upmost comfort. In my workout experience the runners are the most important part, poor fitting one will cause stress to more than just your feet

• Like 2
That must be it. Except it only hurts when I dance in sneakers. :(

This is me right here before I got proper dance shoes. :laugh: Boy, did I ache after those dance lessons. Most women wear those dance heels, but I'd recommend the dance sneakers for lessons as they are a lot more comfortable for your feet.

• Author
compulsivedancer
This is me right here before I got proper dance shoes. :laugh: Boy, did I ache after those dance lessons. Most women wear those dance heels, but I'd recommend the dance sneakers for lessons as they are a lot more comfortable for your feet.

Actually I have dance sneakers and those are awesome. They bend in the center like other dance shoes. I have no problems with these.

Interestingly, I was doing Zumba today in my boots ( I was wearing street clothes, not workout clothes) - no problem at all!

Obviously I am just missing something with sneakers. But nice insoles are expensive. I don't want to spend a bunch of money if all I need to do us break in the shoes.

• Author
compulsivedancer
You need to invest some time and money in shoes that properly support your feet from the get go then hopefully they break in to be at the upmost comfort. In my workout experience the runners are the most important part, poor fitting one will cause stress to more than just your feet

These are actually the nicest sneakers I've ever owned. They are the first pair I can stand to wear for anything other than yard work. I absolutely love them...until I reach that 30 minute mark.

todreaminblue

my feet hurt too....which causes my calves to ache which heads up into my hips...its all shoe related...i really do need to get proper foot wear....i wear boots a lot its habit i dont like my feet stepped on boots protect my feet......but are not really good support after a few walks in them....my heels the rubbers on my boots go so fast because i walk heavy..all my shoes eventually end up with holes in them i wear them down within months...marching taught me about the importance of feet being supported......where i picked up my boot fetish probably...this is what i was taught during recruit training.....gauge your steps...see how you push off and land...... always walk heel toe so when you take the next step, you should be pushing off from the toes not the middle or the heel........then landing squarely on the heel...continue that way.......i walk a lot...hours a week.......used to march for more.....and if you get that rhythm.......its good...says me who really needs to move on the getting new runners..my feet are stuffed at the moment.....has stopped me walking........happy work outs compulsive dancer...hugs..deb