How can a skinny guy add weight and mass in a healthy way????

I'm horrible, eating lots of junk, not excercising.....

i'm 27, fairly skinny with a little flab cuz i've been eating horrible and not running like I used to.

How can I add some mass to my body, not tons, but a little muscle and healthy mass?

I look like Leo Dicaprio used to look and would like to just look normal, not all spider-like.

I want to gain weight but, not unhealthy weight. My shoulders are pretty bony and

my arms aren't that big, pretty skinny, legs too. I got a flabby stomach cuz i haven't

been eating the best foods for about 4-5 months now, since my girlfriend of 4 years left me.

I want to get back in shape and look good and healthy, not sick and scrawny. Any Suggestions?

Do a search for username "Ryan" and his views on HIT weight training. He's got a few posts where he even lays out a workout with exercises/sets/reps etc...

Start doing HIT 2 or 3 times a week, depending on how hard you hit it, and how your body reacts. You sound like an ectomorph, so probably only twice a week.

Do some research on proper diets for gaining muscle mass. Bottom line is your going to need to eat more food, and eat more healthy food. Chicken, oatmeal, eggs, whole grain breads, tuna, fish, milk, etc...

Lift hard. Eat big. Sleep 8 hours a night. Avoid alcohol and cigs.

You'll grow.

• 1 year later...

for gaining mass uif yer under 150 lbs u hav ta have sups like Creatine and Glutamine , enough rest and an intense training. Drinkin 1 gallon per day is a must. 3 days workout is enough .

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, ditch all your bad habits such as junk food, late nights, and obviously - lack of excercise.

Stock your pantry and fridge with plenty of fruit and veges, red mean, fish, poultry, ...etc. And you won't be tempted to eat too much junk since, it is not in your house!

Eat three regular meals a day, with the right proportions. (eg. carbs the amount of your open palm size, protein the amount of your closed fist size, veges the amount of your open hand size)

Never eat until you are full, stop when you are 'satisfied'.

And have small meals in between when you are active (not just sitting at home).

Excercise is a must also to add muscle mass. Adding muscle mass can be achieved without eating more food, since eating more food doesn't give you muscles in the first place; you have to work to get them.

Do weights to gain muscle, and go for runs to make sure you stay lean and maintain good vitality.

All of the above becomes a lot easier when you find some kind of sport you actually love playing. And when you get yourself more involved in cooking. The more you know about cooking the bigger range of food you will come in contact with, then the day will come when you realize KFC tastes no where near as good as your own lamb roast (personal experience).

1 year ago my bf thought he was too bulky even thought he was happy with the amount of muscle mass he had. And by following those general guidelines, he thinks he is now in the best shape he's ever been!

Don't get me wrong, it is not about being too strict and obsessed with dieting. We still eat ice cream and chocolate and other things on a nearly daily basis. But it is the most important to realize that that is the way you are supposed to treat your body, by eating and living healthy.

Go to the menshealth.com training forums those guys over there know a lot about lifting, clean eating and we'll be able to give you a lot of ideas. That's where I get all of my information about staying in shape and lifting. Just go to the site on the main page and choose forums and then go to fitness.

Eat lots and lots and lots of the right combinations of protein,carbs and good fats(omega 3 6 9).Proteins are chicken,steak,beef,eggs,tuna,cottage cheese,cheese,whey protein powder,milk,turkey

Carbs-pasta,potatoes,oatmeal(rolled oats),brown rice,whole grain breads,whole grains.

Fats-flax seed oil,fish oil,udo's oil.

grab some (creapure)-creatine

n large 2 by prolab

lift weights obviously too!!