Achilles tendinopathy

georgia girl

Anyone have it? Just diagnosed and told I can't run for 4-6 weeks. That means, I can start running again when the weather gets hot here. Plus, it sets me back in training. Very, very disappointed. No fall marathon.

Anyone know if it takes less time to heal? Suggestions on how to heal faster? And if it's chronic (we don't know that yet), does this mean the end of running?

Really ticked off right now.

Investigate Glucosamine sulphate.

It was originally a natural compound given to race horses to accellerate healing of ligament and tendon injuries.

Some bright spark thought it might be good to turn an equine medication into one fit for human consumption.

It's a food supplement, so you need to be taking it regularly, for at least 2 weeks, before beginning to notice any improvements. It takes a while to be absorbed and to settle in your system. Do not exceed stated dose. Give it time.

Go to a good reliable health food shop (in the UK we have Holland and Barrett, a reliable and bona fide chain of health food suppliers) and get good info from them, or research it on line.

It helped me with a spinal injury, and a torn ligament in my shoulder....

• Author
georgia girl

Danny,

I may switch. Really wanted to do a marathon but hey, you can't always get what you want. Interestingly, cycling doesn't bother Achilles tendinopathy. The damage is caused during liftoff/propulsion in running.

TaraMaiden,

I will attempt. Anything is better than sitting here waiting for things to improve.

Thanks!!!